All reviews boutique hotel super deluxe room set menu beautiful hotel polhena beach western breakfast homely stay colonial architecture sri lanka resident manager relaxing holiday location is excellent main building rooms are large small hotel a great place to relax swimming pool
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

When we arrived we were greeted very well and checked in promptly. It was my family with one kid and my friend's family with two kids. Pool, garden were looking nice with ocean. There were few other families in the pool abd pool attendant was very vigilant. First negative experience was soon after the swim in the pool we had showers in the bathroom and when we came in findout that the water that got splashed on to the glass from the shower has seepaged into the room this happened in both rooms. Looking at the water patch on the floor it is easily realizable that this is a usual scenario wherw hotel management has not fixed it for a long time. Then the biggeat negative was food. None of us were against Set Menu we liked the idea, but the dissapointment was the combination it was neither eastern nor western cuisine. It was not properly mathed and even taste was not the best.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2018

The service was absolutely fantastic - they were accommodating to our meal preferences, even when we didn't necessarily feel in the mood for what was on the menu they offered what we preferred. The staff was extraordinarily polite and friendly - they weren't walking on egg shells nor were they overbearing or irritating. We went kayaking to an island a few meters away and the member of staff and adventure pro (Sampath) took us to the remnants of a temple that was destroyed after tsunami and gave a bit of background, he also took us to a rock pool where we relaxed for about an hour (in season - November/December turtle & whale watching as well as snorkelling is available in this area). Sampath ensured we all got back to the hotel safe particularly in light of harsh weather. He was also delightful to have conversation with. The kayaking cost us Rs.2000 - for two kayaks. Taste-buds-wise, the Sri Lankan breakfast was to die for. Everything else on the menu was mediocre at best but the Sri Lankan breakfast would be worth crossing oceans for - it is one of the best I have had in my entire life as a Sri Lankan!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Jetwing H, General Manager at Amaloh by Jetwing, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay with us at Amaloh by Jetwing Matara.

While it is always nice to note such positive comments on our hotel, none of it would be possible without our dear team and we ensure that your compliments will be passed on over to the respective departments to encourage and motivate them to continue performing to the best of their abilities.

We hope that your fond memories of your stay would encourage you to consider staying with us on your next visit. Until then, happy travels!

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed in the Super Deluxe room for 2 nights and it was just perfect. The room was spacious and fresh, with an extremely comfortable bed and couch.
The bathroom was impressive with a deep bath tub overlooking the ocean, complimented by the most delicious smelling bath products.

The staff were always helpful with a smile, and made me feel very at home. The on-site activities such as ocean
kayaking and snorkelling were great fun, guided by an experienced and knowledgeable staff.

This place is perfect for relaxing with a cup of tea on the couch, or sipping on a cocktail in the private bath - both overlooking the ocean!

I would highly recommend Amaloh to anyone looking for a quiet and luxurious, yet fresh and vibrant stay in one of the most beautiful parts of Sri Lanka.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Jetwing H, General Manager at Amaloh by Jetwing, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to note that you enjoyed the room and facilities.

Your comments will be shared with the entire team and it would be wonderful to see you return once again to Amaloh by Jetwing to relax and enjoy the hospitality, food and ambiance.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

The location is very good on the sea shore...property is an excellent place to relax and spend quality time.....nice place to live with the nature....food is good...full marks to the service and all the staffs are very good and excellent.....like to visit again

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Amaloh by Jetwing, we greatly appreciate your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to learn that you had a great time with us and are glad you were impressed with the food and services offered.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

What an incredible hotel! More of a resort really, especially when staying in the deluxe rooms. Brightly decorated with incredible facilities it was difficult to explore beyond my door! With room service available, delicious food and drinks can be delivered for your enjoyment. One evening I enjoyed a light dinner on my private balcony over looking the starts, the other I sippped a tantalising mojito inside my decadent bath tub. As beautiful as the rooms are (especially the bathroom!), the resort itself and surrounding area is also incredible. With a lengthy lap pool you can attempt to work off the tasty food and drink provided and with kayaks on offer, you can paddle around the bay to Polhena beach and visit a temple on a neighbouring island, we even saw a sea turtle in the off season! I must express how OUT OF THIS WORLD the food is. The Sri Lankan breakfast and curry and rice were hands down the best I experienced travelling a month around the country. It bothers me when people write nasty reports about food because obviously the best meals are going to be the ones that are from that country! In my eyes, western food is a flop regardless and you’ll agree when you taste each and every spice the amazing chef and team incorporate in to these meals. These are not the only staff that made my stay extremely pleseant. The tuk tuk driver was always at the ready, the life guard and kayak instructor was very attentive, the smiley waiters were most dutiful and the management would bend over backwards to make my stay as comfortable as possible. I can’t urge anyone who is looking for a lavish yet quaint get away in the South to stay at Amaloh enough!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Amaloh by Jetwing and for sharing a review on Trip Advisor.

It was a pleasure to read how amazing your stay was and how our associates made all the efforts to ensure your stay was a comfortable one. I will share your lovely compliments with the team which will undoubtedly motivate them.

Once again thank you for your patronage and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Matara.