Barcelo Punta Umbria Mar
    US$110
    US$107
    Barcelo.com
    • Beachfront
    Hostal La Nina(Palos de la Frontera)
    US$49
    Average 3/5
    US$77
    US$85
    US$76
    • Fitness centre
    Ayamontino(Punta Umbria)
    Good 3.5/5
    Hotel Pato Amarillo(Punta Umbria)
    • Restaurant
    Hotel Pato Rojo(Punta Umbria)
    1,897 results
    All reviewssaga repbird watchinga sea view roomthis lovely hoteltwo week stayfour weekssand dunesenglish chefhotel staffevening entertainmentkept spotlessly cleanbehind the scenesfishbuffet styleon a half board basisnational parkper day
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 29 May 2014

My stay was in the month of April, so low season, very few people, mainly golfers. I was there for a business trip and the weather was not good...so I didn´t expect the hotel to be as nice as in a lovely weather time with plenty of clients.

What I didn´t enjoy was the client service and the attention to detail given the fact that the low season gives you the opportunity to treat your very few clients in a great way..for example,

- the hotel was practically empty, but I was given a non-renovated room on the first floor just above the employee´s car park..come on! you could have impressed me with a great renovated seaview or even pool view room!!
    - When I arrived at 9.20 pm it took the reception 40 minutes to do my check in (I was the only client there!) and then when I asked for room service dinner they said room service was until 9.30 pm!!
    - I also had to call the cleaning service as my room was full of sand!!
    - Room service had an extra charge which is something I have never seen before..
    - I had to ask the cleaning lady for the wifi password!!

On the other hand, I must say the buffet breakfast and lunch were quite good quality, and that the service was good.

So my experience at this hotel as a business traveller is not recommended..sorry!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
    5  Thank myhotels
    Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just back yesterday after 7 day holiday in the sun, It shone every day and we never saw a cloud, temperature in the low 30's which was better than we had hoped for. The Hotel exceeded our expectations, the room was clean and well equipped,the restaurant clean and the food good and plentiful with choice of beer or wine or soft drinks lunch and dinner.Lots of fruit etc. All areas are kept spotlessly clean and tidy and the staff are all very pleasant and helpful.The beach is close by and 12km of golden sands to walk on and hardly anyone on it.Nice pine woods close by for walking as well.Felix,Ariel and Silvia keep you entertained if you want to compete in the daily activities,Ping Pong, Pool,Darts,Shuffleboard,Yoga,Tai Chai,French Bowls,Mini Golf etc.We booked with Saga and our Rep Dawn Hudson was brilliant nothing was a problem and she obviously loves her job, Would definitely recommend anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: We had Room no-309 which had pool and sea view.
    • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank del_boyCarlisle
    Reviewed 27 April 2014

This holiday was with Saga who were second to none the hotel was fantastic food left a lot to be desired most of the staff were helpful but my camera went missing and they male receptionist wasn't really concerned the bar staff were very good the restaurant staff were very good the cleaners were top quality and Saga and their staff were out of this world special mention to the rep Dawn Hudson second to none best rep I have ever met

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
    2  Thank OAP Ray L
    Reviewed 25 April 2014

First holiday since loosing my wife, so very nervous. I needn't have worried, it turned out to be a wonderful week, making many new friends with Saga and hotel staff. Rooms were large and comfortable, floors a bit dirty!!!! The Hotel generally is good and in a great location. The food is average but changes when Matthew the English Chef is on duty, maybe they should make him work 7 days a week. !!!!!! My only big complaint is that the Entertainment started at 23.00 on 2 nights, too late, as the football took priority. Dawn the Saga Rep tried her best to bring the entertainment earlier to no avail, maybe the Management should listen to Saga guests a bit more. However, overall with the cheerful and efficient Dawn I left with the intention of definitely returning.
    Give it a try, Birdwatchers, walkers, or relaxing it is the place to go.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
    5  Thank Ray L
    Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed at Barcelo Mar while doing a walking holiday, hotel was very good, room was excellent, staff were always very helpful, food and drinks all very good, enjoyed the walking too. Would definately recommend the hotel, and the walking holiday, yes we would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple