“Good location”
Review of Hotel Jorge I

Hotel Jorge I
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Campello
Reviewed 9 October 2013

First impression was that the hotel and rooms were very clean. The receptionist was friendly and helpful. We had booked half board and for some reason evening meal was cancelled and lunch was on offer. The lunch was typically Spanish and did not cater for the British/Irish tourist. The starter which was salad was lifeless and looked liked it was sitting in the kitchen for a few days. The other courses were not much better and poorly presented. The breakfast on the other hand was non existent with no and I mean NO water No hot water No hot coffee available, everything was turned off and the yogurts warm as the cooler was also turned off. This was at 8.30 in the morning. Lots of tables left uncleared. The bedroom was tiny and I believe this was a single room with a double bed put there for the duration of our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank JohnFranco714

Reviewed 25 September 2013

jorge 1, cheap and very cheerful, good food, good rooms, ideal base for the town and beach, small tram ride to alicante and benidorm (really cheap), all in all great place to go, would recommend.dont believe the bad reviews you will be very suprised, enjoy your holiday!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rich B
Reviewed 16 September 2013

After a few hiccups after the taxi didn't turn up (shame on you Taxido.com) i wasn't that impressed to arrive at the Hotel Nuria who we had booked with to be told we weren't booked in there. After a phone call we were told we were in fact booked into the Jorge I sister hotel opposite, and the holiday really began.

From room 502 we had a glorious sea view, free Wi-Fi and the air ducted heating set to cold wasn't as good as air con but did its job at night. The room was basic but very clean and the maids came round every day. An added bonus was the fridge enabling us to have cold drinks in our room.

Breakfast was served from 7.30-10.30 every morning and while it was standard continental breakfast fodder it was plentiful and the different meats made a nice change. The dining room is a bit tired but considering what we paid for our 10 nights it seems wrong to find fault.

My husband discovered the roof terrace and pool by accident when he hit the 6 button instead of 5 in the lift. While in need of an overhaul it was a real a sun trap with wonderful views and we spent a few hours up there relaxing.

The Jorge and the Nuria are perfectly located for exploring El Campello, and literally a two minute walk from the beautiful sea front with all its bars and restaurants. It is also only a short walk from the tram station which we made good use of to explore the area.

We had a wonderful time in El Campello and staying in this hotel certainly added to that. This is the resort to come to if you want the best of both worlds and is also a great place to practice your Spanish. I am already looking to book our next trip to El Campello and will certainly return to the Jorge I.

Room Tip: Ask for the 5th floor at the front as this gives you a view of the marina and see over the rooftops.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Deb C
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Rooms very clean but small. Breakfast very good. Hotel near beach and port. Hotel let down by poor state of roof terrace and dip pool. Roof terrace needs complete refurbishing.
Overall good for a short break.

Room Tip: Choose top floor. It is quieter
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Karen J
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Having read other reviews I was expecting a very basic hotel. I was surprised to be given a 5th floor room, with views over to the marina and beach. The room was larger than I expected, very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The fridge in the room was very useful and not noisy as they sometimes can be. The air conditioning worked, and as well as a powerful shower a bath as well.
I think we were the only ones to use the rooftop pool. It was small, but served its purpose. The roof area was a bit run down, but worth going up to for the views.
Breakfast was continental, cold meats and cereals, but the breakfast room is a bit tired. The seat covers could do with a good wash. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful.
The location of this hotel is good, as it is only a short distance to the sandy beach, and less. Than a couple of minutes to the excellent, and cheap tram service. If you are going to use the trams a lot, get a weekly ticket, as this works out quite a bit cheaper. Overall for a cheap hotel it was very good value and I would not hesitate staying there. Again. El Campello is a lovely spot, not overly touristy, quiet but with some nice restaurants.
Easy access to Alicante and Benidorm and the airport and a good, clean beach. Not for those who want a buzzing nightlife, but great for a relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Sarah50td
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Booked this hotel for four nights. Looking at the price my expectations were not too high. Appeared better than expected!
Room was small but comfortable, good bathroom. Breakfast very good. Personnel friendly and helpful. Beach 2 minutes walking, many restaurants nearby. Only real minus is the "swimming pool" which is a large bath thub on a rooftop that desperately needs renovation.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sierramike0907
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We booked this Hotel on a 5night, 4days because everything was on the door step. When we arrived we was greeted by a reciptionist whome booked us into room 309. We booked Half Board only to find out we was entiled to Full Board as told by reception staff. She had written the Meal times on the back of a card, and directed to our room. It was clean but basic, we had our meals each day and paid for our drinks.
Then on our last evening Meal the Reception staff came running into the Dinning Room, it was full of people. She shouting its Room 309 doing it again???? then she told myself and my 76year old Mum, we have been having meals that we hadnt paid for, We was so embarresed people were looking at us as if we had taken something. When I questioned the RECPTIONIST she got louder!!! and i asked by how much we would owe and could we please discuse this somewere quietly. She spoke good English and requested the money, both me and my Mother were so upset we couldnt stay in the Dinning Room and couldnt have breakfast because of embarresment .POOL ON THE ROOF VERY SMALL AND NO SEATING AREA. ON THE WHOLE WE WOULD NEVER RETURN

Room Tip: Our room was sea facing we had traffic noise, during the day, and people partying during the night
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank jacqui62_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campello
Hotel La Familia Gallo Rojo
#39 of 50 in Alicante
Hotel Abril
Hotel Abril
#3 of 3 in San Juan de Alicante

Been to Hotel Jorge I? Share your experiences!