Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Sandra F
Biel, Switzerland

Clean and close to Lausanne

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Feb 2019via mobile
I spent 1 night in discovery hotel, you have all amenities. The room was very clean, bed comfortable and balcony. The breakfast was good and you have choice for every taste. The hotel has a garage and it's situated 10 to 15 minutes from Lausanne city centre. The staff was very nice.
Date of stay: February 2019
Free parking
  • eDreams
1.9 miles from B&B HOTEL Lausanne Crissier
View more hotels in Crissier
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 February 2019

I use to complain about the bad quality/price ratio for Swiss hotels, but this definitely doesn't apply to this one. Rooms are not very large but comfortable and very reasonably equipped in this new building. Front desk is nice and free access to electric cars is a quite uncommon and welcome bonus if you don't have your own wheels. Very good. Of course the price to pay for this nice package is the location in a rather tern and outlying location ... one cannot have everything!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OnAir62162371737, General Manager at B&B HOTEL Lausanne Crissier, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2019

Dear JMGeneva,

The team of the Discovery hotel is joining me to thank you for this nice review of your stay with us.

We are very happy that you enjoyed our good quality/price ratio and the availabitlity of free eletric cars to use in the Lausanne area.

We look forward to seing you again soon,

françois G.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Terrible experience due to impolite and arrogant staff. I spend almost 90 days per year in several hotel worldwide, but I never felt treated so bad and careless as it has happened at the Discovery. After refusing to serve the breakfast for 7 minutes of delay, they behaved like treating me and my family as a teacher does with a schoolboy. A special negative remark for the hotel manager. As i said a terrible experience to not repeat again.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Ugo500
Discovery_Hotel_VD, Front Office Manager at B&B HOTEL Lausanne Crissier, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback about your experience in our hotel.
We apologize for the inconvenience and we are very sorry that the service wasn’t up to your expectations.
Indeed, the breakfast is closed at 9.30, we had proposed to you an alternative that you refuse. we understand your choice.
In the meantime, we will be pleased to welcome you back again assuring you our best care and attention.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Staff is not helpful. Quite polite but you perceive that you bother them.
Hotel with building works around. Two road closed only one available, but the people receptionist and manager,is not able to help to get to tge hotel. You booked a week in ad v Advance, but is quite difficult to reach the hotel. I found it by myself after 20minutes. They thought that by gps you reach the place (pity that the building works closed 2out 3 roads).
As usual the room are cold. It happened in.my last stay. The A/c switch is on Red position, but nothing. As usual they say that after 15minutes the room get warmer (of course not)... thet have a central switch for temperature setting, but they postpone the solution..(why)...let wait other 15minutes. Room with no fridge. No really cust service...i have to leave around 6. They serve breakfast at 6,30. Any way to get something...a lunchbox a coffee...NO (and i paid)... very helpful people..." by the way with/without breakfast is the same price"...ohhh really. Avoid this place if you can
Andrea

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank andreasujaan

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback about your experience at the Discovery Hotel.
We would like to assure you that it is not reflecting to the hotel standards and the follow up will be done in order to avoid this kind of feedback in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a night. Nice, clean and modern room with free parking . Very friendly and helpful staff. Loved the breakfast range and location was also convenient. I will surely stay here again. Nothing to complain

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank clairelim1104
Discovery_Hotel_VD, Responsable réception at B&B HOTEL Lausanne Crissier, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

it is a pleasure to read that everything was great for you. our team remain at your entire disposal.

Sincerely

Reviewed 16 February 2018

I went to overnight in this hotel because it was advertised in combination with a visit to the Aquatis. I payed 112Chf just for myself and this included the ticket to the Aquatis. I was not expecting the hotel being so far from the Aquatis, it took me over one hour and a half to get there, especially because it was Sunday and some buses don't run at all and nobody from the hotel had informed me, even though I had asked before going. So I had to take 2 metro, 1 bus and walk more than 1 km. When I arrived, exhausted, I found out that on Sunday evening the restaurant is closed. I was disappointed, first because the provided info about the logistic were not real and secondly because I could not relax having a dinner there (and for sure I did not feel like taking public transport back to the city center or going to the Steak house not too far from the hotel). So, I don't understand the advantage of promoting this hotel in combination with Aquatis, being these places at the opposite directions, and that is the only reason why I don't give five stars. The hotel itself is spotless clean, bedding and towels are brand new and comfortable, I slept extremely well, personnel was very kind and the breakfast was delicious, especially the juices.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ZENZEROdalleIsole
Discovery_Hotel_VD, Responsable réception at B&B HOTEL Lausanne Crissier, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback about your experience at the Discovery Hotel
avoid this kind of feedback in the future.