“Relaxing break”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Capitana
Gloucestershire, England
“Relaxing break”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We chose this hotel because of its location by the marina and beach and the fact that it had an indoor and outdoor pool.
Positives: The location was ideal and very picturesque, the food was very good for an all inclusive, the staff were friendly and helpful and we were upgraded to a seaview room with terrace.
Negatives: The bedroom and bathroom were very tired, although the bed was comfortable. The outdoor pool was not heated and was therefore too cold to swim in and the indoor hydrotherapy pool cost an extra 25 euros per person per 70 minutes to use. We were booked on a "light all-inclusive" basis, which we found out meant that coffee was not included after lunch or dinner, so had to pay extra for this from the bar. Also very disappointed that the hotel did not offer Italian ice cream as a dessert.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay but were ready to go home at the end of a week. Mainly because we enjoy swimming on holiday and we were not able to do this. There is not much else to do at the resort except walk round the marina, along the beach or catch a bus into Cagliari. To be fair to the hotel, the "season" had started only 2 weeks before our arrival and the main Sardinia holiday season does not start until mid May, so we were a bit early.
Despite my negative comments, I would recommend the hotel, but would suggest that you ask for an upgrade to a seaview room and take a kettle with you to make your own coffee/tea.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview room upgrade. Standard rooms overlook the car park or back of hotel. Take a kettle...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ChrisARoberts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Attended a conference here, so likely to be different to a holiday visit and, I think, we were the only guests at the hotel. First up, it's in a great location by the beach and about 30 minutes from the Airport. Reception staff were mixed in terms of service, particularly when you can here someone at the next desk being given much more detail than you. The hotel is cashless, so you have to put money on card that you then use, for example, at the bar. This is a bit of a pain at the best of times, but even more so when the bar is busy and the card-reading machine was either slow or not working at all. My room was ok, a nice view over the pool and marina, with fairly basic furnishing and not many plug sockets. Bathroom was very cramped with the toilet and entrance to the shower far closer than should ever be allowed. The wardrobes have a safe and a fridge - there is water in the fridge, but you have to pay one euro for it (I didn't see anything saying that it would have to be paid for). The restaurant was mostly fine, including plenty of options for vegetarians (though oddly on the final night of the meeting when the dinner is usually better quality, the choice for vegetarians was very poor). The internet was confusing and frustrating. At first they gave us 3 hour codes, but I assume they quickly got fed up themselves giving new ones out every 3 hours as they quickly switched to one covering the entire stay. Internet quality was not great, it went down completely on one afternoon and at other times was very hit and miss. Ok venue for a conference, aside from the noise outside the conference room blocking out some of the talks, but not somewhere I'd revisit as a hotel stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MarkP39
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

My mother stayed here and came back disappointed. Staff is too busy to give any assistance, there are perilous steps all over the hotel and she cut her leg on the unprotected bed corner. Given that she booked with Saga I'm surprised they included this as a hotel suitable for people with limited mobility.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Clownface10
sighientu, Direttore at Hotel Sighientu Thalasso & Spa, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Sir,

we are really sorry for what happened to your mum and we would like to explain you a couple of things in order to better understand the situation. We would also like to tell you that we perfectly remember your mum and what happened to her because as soon as the accident happened she has been helped by an employee of the Front Desk. I can also say that we have immediately checked the room in order to better understand if anything was out of order but we verified and there were no unprotected bed corners. I assume that your mum must have badly hurt her leg againts the bed. Our hotel is perfectly suitable for eldery people and 100% suitable for disabled people too. We have 12 rooms for disabled people and also specific paths that allow them to reach any service of the hotel easily . Our staff is always available and ready to give assistance and that is recorded by our 94% of customer satisfaction. Hoping that your mum is feeling better now,
Kind Regards.

Travellers are raving about these Capitana hotels

Weymouth, Dorset, England
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I also have just returned form a week here with SAGA. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Bedroom was disappointing as the bathroom was very small and you almost stepped in the loo when coming out of the shower. The room only had a Juliette balcony with no sun all day. The pool was lovely with shallow water all around the edge. I enjoyed the food at all the meals except the Sardinian night which was disappointing. Although there was a sandy beach, it was very stony in the sea, but courtesy buses ran 6 days a week to other nearby beaches. It is in a very quiet location with not much to do in the locality but this suited me.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a sea view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Sheils43
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I went there by my self for a weekend break.
I booked on the phone and had exellent service, i think the girls name was Barbara
On arrival, i felt very welcomed and got upgrated for 1 night. Beeing from the hospitality myself and often a bit critical, i have to give thestaff in this hotel 10 out of 10
The rooms are simple but have a nice energy and are very clean
I also had a fantastic massage and a great petticure for a reasonable price
Also the evening buffet for a price of 21 euro including a drink was very good and had a great selection.
I felt totally comfortable and at home in this hotel and would highly recommend it, if you are single, a couple or for the whole family

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Uschi20
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed in this Hotel in Mid-August and I was more than disappointed. This hotel is the worst.

Lets start off with the food. After four days my son had stomach problems and couldn't even enter the Hall without feeling sick. The Breakfast is absolutely appaling, just as the Lunch and the Dinner.

Secondly, the noise level on the beach is unbearable. There is no way to have a relaxed beach holiday, because there is trashy club music playing on the entire beach. The hotel service is absolutely appaling, with the waiters trying to get more money out of you with every step. WiFi is 3 euros per hour- only in the lobby. The beach is sandy but once you enter the water there are very sharp stones.

Conclusion: This hotel is the worst hotel I've ever been to.

Room Tip: Best room: No room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Daniel E
Dear Sir,

we are really sorry that your holiday has been successful as you expected and we are definately going to take in consideration your complaints.
On the other hand I would like to underline that the average customer satisfaction concerning food and service has been around the 88% of agreements
I would also like to underline that as specified in our catalogue and on the Internet the hotel is sold with entertainment included and that the music is always a background music except from the 3 moments dedicated to the fitness activities.
Regarding the beach I would also like to remind you that a free shutlle bus service to the nearest sandy beaches is provided daily, from Monday to Saturday, as specified at the Front Desk.
Best Regards.
London
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I went by myself on a holiday organised by Saga. The initial view of the hotel entrance and my room made my heart sink a little but in a very short space of time my mood had lifted. The staff are excellent, they all work very hard to make your stay special. The food was of a high standard and the local drinks good. Top marks to lovely Walter and 'Super Mario' in the restaurant. The animation team were friendly and talented. The view from the beach bar each evening was stunning, wonderful sun sets. Outside the hotel there is not much to do, it would have been nice to be able to stroll to a few nearby shops & suchlike but overall a brilliant holiday

Room Tip: Sea view with a full balcony (some rooms have a balcony which is too small to sit on)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank sue f
Dear Sue,

thank you for your kind feedback.
We are glad to hear that you had a nice stay here at our hotel because making our guests' stay special is our everyday goal and knowing that we managed to make yours it's a real pleasure.
We hope to see you again next year,
Kind Regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitana
TUI Sensimar Torre Salinas
#4 of 10 in Quartu Sant'Elena
T Hotel
T Hotel
#3 of 34 in Cagliari

Been to Hotel Sighientu Thalasso & Spa? Share your experiences!