“Inconsistent is the word I'd also use...”
Review of Brothers Ouzeri Tapas Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Brothers Ouzeri Tapas Bar
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Inconsistent is the word I'd also use. Sometimes the lamb is worthy of the gods and other times I'd rather be eating my napkin, too risky for me these days

1  Thank Futile

Reviewed 23 April 2010

After having dinner at Brothers Ouzeri during the week I was excited about becoming a regular at this place. Our waiter gave us lots of information about different types of ouzo and we tasted a variety of different foods, all good.
Tonight I invited some friends to join me at my new favourite place and I was shocked to see such a difference in staff. Both waiters tonight were rude and took a great deal of time to bring simple things I took for granted on my last visit...like water. We were not allowed to sit on the bench seating upstairs, which seemed quite weird as there is a view of Sydney Road that seems nice enough. When asked about this we were told 'we just can't put plates up there...' Okay...
The waiter was trying to force us to order before our whole group had arrived and then when we did order she walked away mid sentence and came back only to ask 'is that all?' It seemed like everything was just too much trouble and my friends and I were left feeling more than a little uncomfortable. The skordalia was tasteless and they ran out of lamb (!) the waiter told us, almost gleeful.
I would suggest trying this restaurant during the week...and speak to the guys who were much more helpful than the two women.

1  Thank Traveller1982_8
Reviewed 20 February 2009

Brothers Ouzeri is the best food i have eaten in a long time.There food is always fresh, all meats and seafood char grilled what a treat.There souvlaki is the best in melbourne garuanted.Harry,Bill and there mum Maria are great people to deal with.Great customer service at all times.A must go and eat for all.

Reviewed 20 February 2009

hi there am a regular customer of brothers ouzeri. Love the menu has great food fresh and at a affortable price. my favaurite is giagia marias goat and patatoes just new on the menu once you taste it you want more& more of it i rate this restutant number ONE. The staff are very friendly and helpful and make the environment very homei

Reviewed 11 February 2009

Excellent food at a good price there is nothing more to say.