“Handy location”

Parkville Place Apartments
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I stayed here for nine nights. Short walk to the tram stop, supermarkets close by and some great places to eat in or take out. The room have basic cooking facilities which come in handy. Arrived late and had good instructions on how to find my way to my room. Would choose to stay here the next time in Melbourne

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Parkville, Manager at Parkville Place Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Thanks for the review - always good to have Kiwi neighbors staying with us.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

I picked these apartments because I needed to be within walking distance to the Royal Melbourne Hospital Royal Park Campus. Based on other reviews that I had read I requested a room at the back of the hotel to cut down traffic noise. Unfortunately this request was unable to be accommodated and we were in an apartment facing right onto Brunswick Road. Brunswick Road is a very busy main road in Melbourne so if you are a light sleeper you need to consider this. We stayed in apartment 9 and this was definitely not double glazed. The noise of traffic was considerable but it did ease off during the night.

We were in a two bedroom family apartment and stayed for 5 nights.

The Good:
Clean bathroom with towels changed daily if needed.
Clean but very small kitchenette. I found the facility really only adequate to make breakfast.
Comfortable beds.
Staff generally were helpful.
We never ran out of hot water with 3 people showering daily.
Great location. Near to trams and great restaurants.
Sensitive smoke alarms (both good and bad). Read on.
Locked front-door after hours which provided some security.

The not so good:
Very noisy. No double glazing in our room.
Grubby carpet's throughout.
Dusty and dirty windowsills, curtains and windows.
Bedside light not working and was not fixed despite reporting it.
Extremely sensitive smoke alarms. I found it necessary to open windows and keep the extractor fan on for quite a while when boiling eggs and cooking toast. Although nothing was burnt the alarms went off twice in my room. In the end I was fearful to cook anything. The first time this happened my husband raced down to reception to let them now it was a false alarm. We were informed that the alarms were not connected to the fire stations so no fire engines arrived.
The internet in the foyer did not work. I was not able to access the most basic of websites, e.g. hotmail.

Overall: We paid $165.00 per night which for Melbourne would be considered to be very reasonable. Although I was grateful for comfortable beds, for me, the negative points outweigh the positive.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Parkville, Owner at Parkville Place Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Clare
Thanks for taking the time to post a review on our apartments.
A couple of points in response:
• The room type you booked, Family Apartment is not available of the side of the building away from the road thus the reason we could not accommodate your request.
• All Family Apartments on the road side have now been double glazed as of 5/11/12.
• I acknowledge that the carpets on level 2 are worn and require replacing, something that is on our list to be done.
• I dispute that the Internet either at the reception console is or was not working. Every day we have numerous people using it and as long as you are signed in correctly there is never a problem.
• I will get the smoke alarm serviced by our electrician.
• No excuse for dirty windows and dust – I will certainly look into that with the housekeepers.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Third stay at Parkville Place and still very happy. Healthy walk to tram or train. Aldi and Coles closeby and plenty of interesting and good food places. Staff always helpful. This is budget accommodation so don't expect the Ritz!
Thanks for another great value for money stay

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our apartments, we appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Convenient, friendly and you can cook too. Parking a bit tight for a big car..but it is free and undercover. Will stay here again

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Friendly and smiley employees and they are very helpful. Rooms are comfortable. Little kitchen which you can make your own food and TV with good channels and most important very good internet connection. Everything you need with average price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you Valletta for your positive feedback, look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I found this place by accident whle searching for accomodation in Melbourne. What I needed was a place to accmodate 5 persons with parking bays, a place close to stores and restaurants, come with a simple kitchen and a place I can call home. Parkville Place fulfilled all these criterias. Although the room was a bit small but it didn't matter to me because I am paid a very cheap rate for it. After all, we only need a place to stay after touring Melbourne. I would like t o recommend this place to those who travel light and without children. One more thing, this small apartment has a lift, so disabled people who require wheelchair can move easily in this apartment.

The famous Lygon Street is just about 200 metres away and you can literally get almost everything there.

Room Tip: Most windows at this apartment are double glass. Minimal noise enter the room except those from Harl...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thanks for the positive feedback, we appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed at Parkville Place Apartments for 5 nights in May. It is very good value for money and well situated in a happening part of Melbourne, plenty of cafes, bars restaurants nearby. The nearest tram stop is a few hundred metres away and the train maybe 100m further.

Staff were helpful, reception and housekeeping were friendly and knew the answers to all our questions. This is good value in a very expensive city. It isn't luxury but has good showers, comfortable beds, was clean and safe and has free parking. (We had no issue with noise - have read a fee other reviews). If you are on a budget go for it, you could do a lot worse.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you for the positive feedback Kerry, it is good to see people appreciate what we have to offer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Vibe Hotel Carlton
#150 of 162 in Melbourne
Naughtons Parkville Hotel
Naughtons Parkville Hotel
#117 of 162 in Melbourne

Been to Parkville Place Apartments? Share your experiences!