“Great coffee”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Great coffee”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Have been to Katipo 4 times over the past 2 months, in the hope that it would be as good as I wanted it to be. The coffee is, in my opinion, the best on Bondi Road, and it has a lot of competition.
The food is just consistently not great. It sounds good, but just somehow misses the mark. Last meal was lunch, with two toasted flatbread sandwiches and were 90% rocket. You could argue this is healthy, but I wanted tasty. The only way I can think to describe the food is lazy. It's not bad, it seems fresh, but just is not put together with any care or finesse.
It is a shame, as the mix of seating and the style of the place is quite cool, and a little different to other spots along this strip,but I won't be venturing there for anything other than coffee again.

Visited April 2014

“Worst Meal Ever”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Three of us had a meal here recently and it was the worst food and service I've encountered.

My wife ordered a Caesar Salad and it was inedible. It's ingredients were an old Iceberg lettuce
cut into four quarters, some dried chicken and bacon on top with a small amount of dressing.

The waitress with little comprehension of the English language asked, " is everything OK " and when I said no it wasn't. I said meal was a disgrace and with that, she said OK and walked off.

I then spoke to the manager and his reply was there was nothing wrong with the meal and that the ingredients were fresh. As you can see from the photo, the lettuce is that old, it's gone yellow.

When I paid for the meal there was no avenue open for a refund for the salad and had to pay.

see attached photo and it doesn't even resemble a Ceasar Salad.
Avoid at all cost,

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Wobblers
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Great atmosphere, food and coffee.”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Came here two days in a row on a recent trip to Bondi. Was staying conveniently just across the road from it and found the coffee here to be quick and delicious. The food is excellent and varied and even has vegetarian options. I had the scrambled haloumi which was divine! Another added bonus is the free wifi. What traveller doesn't love wifi? The cafe itself is decorated with various artworks and they play excellent music. Shout out to the wonderful efficient staff for working so hard and delivering great service, especially to Charlie? who ran back out and gave me my umbrella when I forgot it. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone who enjoys a good coffee.

• Visited November 2013
San Diego
“Great place to eat and wifi”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Staff friendly, food excellent, service was great. I recommend this place to eat and there wifi is great!!!!
Thanks to the staff for accommodating us!!!!

Kim and mike from San Diego

• Visited November 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Cool vibe with less than average food”
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

Sorry... I know this is a much lives local joint, and the atmosphere is very pleasant (and coffee is decent) but the food is pretty poor. Plenty of nicer places in Bondi to spend your money.

• Visited November 2012