“Worst bed i've ever slept on.”
Review of Lamrock Lodge

Lamrock Lodge
Ranked #9 of 16 Speciality Lodging in Bondi
Sydney, Australia
“Worst bed i've ever slept on.”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The good points - the location was spot on, just a 5 minute stroll and your on Bondi beach. A very nice area full of restaurants, cafes and bars.

The bad points - I stayed in a twin room which was very basic & pretty dirty. The bed was the worst bed I have ever slept in, the mattress was so thin it would have been more comfortable sleeping on the hard dirty floor. Stains on the pillow cases and holes in the bed sheets. The 'receptionist' was normally found outside the front of the hostel smoking. If you drive parking outside the hostel is approx. $4 per hour so instead why not drive about 5 minutes away to Castlefield street where it is free.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank c_gabs91

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We have been travelling down the east coast and have stayed in many hostels (most have been cheaper than this) but this is by far the worst hostel I have experienced!! The state of the room is disgusting - dirty bed sheets, unclean sink and fridge, our feet were completely back within minutes of walking on the floor! Nearly every morning we have woken up with bites from bed bugs...I have heard a few people talking about the same problem outside and have just looked through some other reviews and they say the same. The noise in the hostel is constant, we like a good party but it just seems that everyone is here to just get drunk/stoned at all times of the day and night and no one cares about how they treat the place. I have no words to describe the kitchen and toilets/showers. We unfortunately booked here for two weeks and are leaving in 4 days (thank god) but I'd highly recommend staying somewhere else. Luckily we have been out and about as much as possible but it's disheartening coming back to this place, only good thing is the location as is only 100m from the beach and he local area is lovely.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lor1709

Travellers are raving about these Bondi hotels

Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The hostel gave us a good weekly rate which was better than anything else in sydney . We were expecting it to be quite bad for the price we paid but it was lovely. We had our own microwave, sink, fridge and tv. Only bad thing was I had to share a double bed with my friend . It's close to the beach and the people were friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 January 2014

When I first walked into this place, I already thought about all the bad things I might be telling TripAdvisor. When I checked out, my opinion had changed. This place offers stuff other hostels definitely would not, and it costs much less! The location absolutely cannot be beat. We had a private double room (a bunk bed) which was incredibly small. Maybe I would have been annoyed if we were staying for more than one night but really, who spends enough time in their room for that to matter? The room had a very nice 32" flat panel TV, with multiple channels. Mini fridge in room. Not everyday you see those in a hostel. The internet was 10AUD for 24 hours/500 mb whichever you use first, but time stops when you log off, so time seemingly lasts forever. Towels? Free at the front desk, as many as you want. Storage? Also free, offered by the front desk via a storage closet under the stairs. Not the most absolute secure storage, but it works. A 20AUD key deposit was a little annoying but as long as you return the keys you get that back. The owners/operators were friendly and helpful. One of the bathrooms was a little dirty and smelly but overall I did not find the place to be filthy, just definitely old and worn down. I might not want to stay here for an extended period of time but for one night or a couple of days it is absolutely worth the price!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Considering the price and you're minutes from Bondi beach, this place exceeded my expectations. Our room had a bunk style bed, double or queen on the bottom and a single up top. The tv was flat screen with very good reception. The small fridge was dated but worked well. The clothes cupboard meant my shirts didnt get creased. The room is basic and for sleeping its fine but I wouldnt chill out in there for several hours. As for the bathrooms and toilets, get passed first impressions; they're just dated. Everything works, hot water is hot and continous. Couldnt hear much from other rooms and there were no queues for bathrooms or toilets. Would I stay here again ? Yes with family / friends but perhaps not on my honeymoon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I have read the other reviews but I think for the price and for Sydney, this is a good option. I have stayed here two times now, the building is old but that is part of its charm. If you want a room on your own, then $40 is as cheap as it gets. Even dorm beds in Sydney are up around $30 mark. There is a little fridge in the room and a TV which I think is very good. Its a large place, it is cleaned every morning, unlike other hostels in Sydney I have stayed at. The day staff are friendly, the only down side is having to put a deposit on a set of cutlery/dishes, I can understand why though. The kitchen area is downstairs and not really that inviting, i think this is, like the name says a lodge and not a hostel. The location is excellent. I would stay here again,

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the stairs, it gets really noisy with people traipsing up and down at all...