“Fabulous brunch. Excellent food”
Review of Brown Sugar

Brown Sugar
Ranked #3 of 381 Restaurants in Bondi
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bondi Beach
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I had an excellent roasted beer root salad
Great food great service. The staff was friendly and effective.
Well done !!!

There are newer reviews for Brown Sugar

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Four for dinner Saturday night (the really cold one) we had, advisedly, booked although some late walk-ups got a table outside; maybe straight from Icebergs? I wouldn't try on spec, Brown Sugar is too good to allow yourself to be dissapointed. Had taken our own good wines (kicked off with a French bubble then some aged Australian Reds.

Entree for partner and me was a Tuna and a Seared Scallops both treated with the delicate hand of a chef who knows how to lock in maximum flavour with minimal time in hot pans.

Mains were the Beef filet, same "sear and lock in flavour" to a very very good piece of beef, almost a suck job off the fork, tender, lovely! Fish pie, my-oh-my fish pie! Do it, or at least try someone elses, preferably someone at the same table as you. Truffle was extremely subtle, but who's to know what the dish would have been without it. Sides of the green beans in pine nut butter and potatoe with cheese with a difference; both cooked well, beans cooked but good firm texture and potatoes just right and both a good compliment to the mains we chose.

A single shared desert which I did not taste but was assured was also excellent. I did not partake as the Desert list looked as though if I started I may have wanted two; right NO self control.

Very much on the "I'll be back" list. I need to try other menu items.

Seating is tight, but well serviced and helps create the atmosphere. Given there were two big tables in, that may have affected then usual layout, but did not impinge of the enjoyment of good honest great food.

1  Thank Rowan R
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Renowned in Bondi for reliably wonderful quality food, innovative menu inclusions and good sized servings.....Brown Sugar's met the mark on every score.
Back blocks of our fab beach full of really great eateries, and this one's right at the top.
Don't change a thing!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

It doesn't get much better than this: Creative menu, excellent food, excellent service, reasonable prices.

Highly recommended!

1  Thank DerAlteBach
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Diverse menu, premium ingredients, great service, good atmosphere and delicious food! Not cheap but worth it for a special occasion.