“Mmmmmm!!”

Price range: US$4 - US$7
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian, French, American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
Description: Dogtown Coffee Co offers quality, community, and inspiration in everything we do. Enjoy a quick breakfast to go, a leisurely gourmet (but budget friendly) lunch on the patio, or check one of our local music events. Serving locally roasted espresso from Lone Tree Coffee in Summerland!
Penticton, Canada
“Mmmmmm!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Warm & cozy atmosphere, nice people and the BEST mocha frappuccinos PERIOD! So much fun to grab one and wander thru the flea market across the street before heading down to the beach! It's what summer is all about!

• Visited March 2014

Penticton, Canada
“A treasure in Okanagan Falls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I'm a long time resident of Okanagan Falls and was delighted when Dogtown opened so that I could indulge my latte habit. The coffee has been top notch for a while now and I enjoy a latte with a breakfast cookie several days a week. The evolution of the menu over the past several months is particularly exciting. This past week, I enjoyed Chef Karl's lunch special of fettucine with mussels and home-made chorizo sausage. It was absolutely delicious. As a local, it is such a treat to have gourmet creations at café prices. If you are looking for great coffee and food - or a feeling of community - check it out.

• Visited January 2014
Penticton, bc
“disappointed at Dogtown”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I live in nearby Penticton, and have read about Dogtown Cafe in the paper recently. I was excited to visit this spot and perhaps compare it to the local coffee spots I like to frequent.
The staff seemed quite friendly, which was refreshing, and I was warmly greeted at the door.
My eyes roamed around the small quaint location, but I did not smell coffee, or any good cooking scents, as I expected.
I would have ordered my americano and a muffin or pastry, but the muffins in the display did not look very appealing, as they were small, flat and ordinary looking. I opted to just have an Americano.
While waiting, I went to use the washroom. Sad to say, the bathrooms were very dirty. The toilet itself looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a very long time, and floors, walls etc were in bad need of a good mopping and cleaning. Nothing a little elbow grease couldn't solve.
I then became more aware of my surroundings, after exiting the washroom, and noticed the floors all through the cafe were in need or a sweep and a wash. Perhaps I came at a bad time,(just before lunch, weekday), but it turned me off and needless to say, I will stick to the coffee spots I know and love. Sorry Dogtown, but you lost me first time around.

• Visited January 2014
CorrieCorfield, Owner at Dogtown Coffee Co., responded to this review, 2 February 2014
I'm sincerely sorry to hear of your negative experience with us at Dogtown. I want to assure you that we are aware of these issues and we are working hard to address them. The recent press and publicity that we have received have meant that the business has grown at a rate far beyond our expectations. We have found ourselves short staffed and having a very tough time keeping up. We are in the process of hiring and training new staff and can assure you that the issues you experienced are of the utmost priority for us.

I want to thank you very much for your review. It is very important to us that we hear ALL feedback so that we can address issues directly. I hope that in the future you will be willing to give us another chance and that we can remedy your current perception of our business. We appreciate so very much that you took the time to drive out to see us and again, I apologize sincerely for your bad experience.
Oliver, British Columbia, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, hohum atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I went with a friend for lunch and had the most wonderful soup and cappuccino. Although I was not offered any choice in my bread - white bread not a favorite of mine - the meal was delicious and very affordable. It is always hard to find someone to serve a really good cappo but this was the perfect combination of espresso, milk, and rich, thick foam.
The atmosphere needs some work though. The chairs were hard with no padding and table area had no character.
We will be returning, though. You can't beat the food.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Shauna H
Okanagan Falls, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great little place!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

When I moved here it seemed like I would have to go other placed for my much loves Lattes!! No more thanks to Corrie and Chris.

• Visited October 2012