“Convenient for Midi train station, short stay only”

Aparthotel Brussels Midi
London, United Kingdom
“Convenient for Midi train station, short stay only”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

As there is no rating between average and very good I went for "average" in this case.

I booked this hotel for one night based on good reviews and its proximity to the Midi train station at the last minute through a web site that gave me a good discount.

I arrived late at night due to my late train arrival and Eric, whom I had spoken to on the phone, was there to give me my keys even after check-in hours. Very helpful person. Thumbs up! He also immediately upgraded me to a larger room (a suite I believe?), which I appreciated.

The room was large and clean. Just what I needed. (Double bed is two single beds pushed together, by the way. Room also included kitchenette.)

Unfortunately, my room faced the big intersection which the hotel is located on and I got very little sleep due to traffic noise even with closed windows. My main reason for staying in the hotel was to bridge a long train journey and get some 6 hours of sleep and this didn't really happen. For this reason I am not rating the property as "very good."
I don't know if the hotel also offers rooms which do not face the intersection, something worth asking.

I don't want to not recommend the hotel because it is very conveniently located - a 7 minute walk for me - near Brussels Midi. For low-key short-stay travelers who carry ear plugs/or are not as sensitive to noise and need a clean hotel room at an affordable price this place is good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DeltaOrionis7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Recanati, Marche, Italy
Reviewed 14 June 2013

i stayed at the aparthotel midi three nights, i chose the apartment solution, anderlecht is a little bit boring at night but absolutely not dangerous, the hotel is at a couple of minute far from midi zuidstation and the bus stop for charleroi. the apartment was really comfortable, nice and clean. what about the staff? they are very kind and helpfully!!!

Room Tip: i stayed at 4th floor of the building, no noise at night with closed windows
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Fritzlar, Germany
Reviewed 1 June 2013

For Belgian prices an extremely cheap apartment hotel (so no restaurant and no breakfast) only 5 minutes walk from Brussels Midi train station. I booked a suite and was so positively surprised. A very spacious living room and kitchen including pad coffee machine, microwave and fridge. Big panoramic window with view until the dome. And a second floor level accessible by spiral staircase with big double bed. Bathroom is separate from WC. WLAN is offered directly at check-in by very friendly staff. Parking is not offered from the hotel, but parkings are available round the hotel. Very good italian restaurant only 100 m away (I panciuti). Small shop only 50 m cross the street.

Room Tip: Suite 61 or 62 in the 6th floor
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I travel frequently but rarely leave reviews but this one was so bad, I couldn't help myself but to warn others. Firstly the location, whilst close to Brussels Midi/Zuid train station is extremely seedy/dirty! There are no restaurants etc nearby. Hotel staff were average, Room was V. small with 2 single beds (I asked for a double) and there was no phone, highly unstable internet (which reqd a password to be entered very frequently) and fuzzy Tv reception. What's more there is no hairdryer and was left highly stressed when I had to prepare for a meeting in the morning only to find there was no hairdryer and off course no one at reception to ask for one because they work 'executive hours'. For 200Euro I expect way better. This hotel is to be avoided at all costs and especially if you are a single lady travelling on your own. If you need to catch a train, stay at the Ibis close to the station instead as this place was just awful in every respect

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Anderlecht hotels

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed for two nights on business, arriving and departing by train, and used the city’s excellent metro and tram services to get around, with all of the lines I needed intersecting at Midi. The apartment room was a studio with everything in one large space rather than a proper one bedroom apartment. This was fine for me but might be a little disappointing to those expecting a proper apartment, but for the price paid via booking sites, this cannot be viewed as a criticism. Wifi worked fine in my room. There is space to cook, sit and eat a meal, and a small sofa and coffee table provided, although not really a proper work area or writing desk included, at least not in the room I had. However, the idea of really using the cooking area for more than the most simple things would not appeal, whilst the absence of a kettle for boiling water for tea or coffee in the mornings was very irritating as even the cheapest normal hotel room usually has this basic equipment, although there are plenty of coffee bars in Midi train station. There is also a small supermarket in the station, near the Metro entrance, which may prove useful for those who wish to buy basic commodities, whilst a tiny Tabac on Rue Bara sells bottles of mineral water if needed.

Overall, it was a good stay, with staff competent and professional. The surrounding area is rather run down but did not seem to be dangerous in any way. The only real issue I had was that there was rather a lot of noise from the traffic on the street outside, which was especially noticeable with the windows open to get some fresh air. Even with them closed, it was still audible, and I was on the 5th Floor, so something to watch for light sleepers. The bed was OK, but not that comfortable for me with soft springs as I prefer a harder style surface but not a big deal for two nights, and, as has been said, it was not really a kingsize at all but just two singles thrown together, with no real effort to smooth over the space between the mattresses. This did not bother me as a solo business traveller for this visit, but I might have found it irritating if travelling in a couple.

Would I stay here again? That would depend on the reason for my visit: for business as a solo traveller, then “yes”, as it is well located for transport and can be very well priced. If travelling with a group of friends for a weekend away or as part of a longer trip, then probably “yes” as well, as getting to Midi is so easy. However, if I were on holiday with a family with young children, then whilst I might consider this place, I would most likely look at alternatives nearer the tourist zones of the city for easier access without always having to use the metro or take a longish walk to get to these areas, even though the Aparthotel’s space/price combination would be hard to match closer into the town centre. Nevertheless, this hotel makes a sensible choice in what can be an expensive city, especially mid-week.

Room Tip: Get a high floor to reduce the traffic noise. Also, if using a roller luggage from Midi station, do...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cantabflyer
Portishead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Booked 2 apartments for 1 night following our arrival at Brussels-Midi on Eurostar. The hotel is very close to the station so only consider booking a taxi if you have a lot of luggage. The apartment is very clean and the rooms are a good size. The local bar across the street closes early and there is nothing much else around in terms of night life. We couldn’t find a restaurant locally so called in a take-away meal.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Ireland
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Great location. Dont make our mistake. We arrived at Gare Midi on shuttle coach about 9 pm and it was raining so we got a taxi for which we paid €13!! Next morning we couldnt believe how close we were to Gare Midi, its maybe 3-4 minutes walk! Convenient location but nothing happening in the area, but so near the Gare du Midi its fairly easy to get around Brussels from there. The hotel recommended a great Italian restaurant about 2 minutes walk away called i.pancinti.

The staff are really super in Aparthotel Brussels Midi. Everyone was so helpful. Like many other reviewers we had difficulty with WiFi but the problem was with my device and the guy on reception sorted it out. They provided excellent advice and tips on getting around Brussels and were always friendly.

The room which contains bedroom, bathroom, small kitchen and living room was spacious and well maintained. Nicely designed and very comfortable. Our room seemed to have been updated in the past year or so. Good choice of channels on TV.

Breakfast or food is not provided. There is no supermarket in the vicinity. There is a little bakery just next door.

Aparthotel Brussels Midi is fantastic value in comparison to other properties in Brussels. We would use it again without hesitation if we were visiting Brussels again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderlecht
Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi
#177 of 198 in Brussels
MAS Residence
MAS Residence
#2 of 198 in Brussels

Been to Aparthotel Brussels Midi? Share your experiences!