“Best price/value in Brussels”

Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Etterbeek
“Best price/value in Brussels”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed here for one night, the hotel is inspired on the W hotel concept, meaning they use the same tone of voice and designs. But aloft is actually a "budget" W, which is nice. Prices are reasonable and the ambiance in the lobby and bar is like a W, but at the other side there is no room service and the restaurant isn't a restaurant but a shop with a microwave. But it does the trick.

If you looking for a great bedroom with not that many luxury services, this is the way to go in Brussels.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
coenvan, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Hi Tomvandongen,

Seems like you got the Aloft concept figured out! Thanks for your comments, they cover what we are trying to achieve very well. Aloft was indeed inspired by W hotels but better suits a wider audience and locations.

Thanks and hopefully see you again soon!

Have an easy breezy day.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Montreal
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in October of 2013. We very much enjoyed the room which was nicely decorated, tidy, great bathroom with showers. Very modern and the staff is very helpful. They looked after our booking for a day trip to Ghent & Brugge. One negative aspect is the pricey à la carte breakfast downstairs. And the food is very ordinary. I would instead suggest for breakfast to go to Patisserie Paul at Rue Froissart 72 which is 250 meters from the hotel.
We will go back to this hotel as it is walking distance to all the major attractions.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Watchermontreal,

Thanks very much for leaving such a nice and positive review about us - highly appreciated!

Funny that you mention our breakfast to be expensive even though we are cheaper than Brasserie Paul that you refer to... In any case we do hope to have you back with us soon again for some more a-list adventure.

Concepcion, Chile
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

My family and I arrived from Amsterdam on the 2nd of Jan while on a month long trip through Europe. Everything was great, huge rooms, clean and tidy. On my last night , I went downstairs for some bought spaghetti and a coke. After eating I realized that the coke tasted funny, I checked the expiry date and realized that I had drank a 6 month expired coke light. Thinking it wouldnt affect me, I carried on as if nothing. The day of my departure for Paris, I realised my stomach was tearing itself apart inside me. During checkout I went to check the cone bottles that remained on the shelf and the were all expired, so naturally I conplained. After a long wait, all they did was refund me the coke and offer to pay for any medical expenses while in belgium (they were aware that I was leaving for france in less than 2 hours). So now im in Paris with an exploding stomach, taking medications and withan extra 5€ in my pocket :/ Just what I needed!

Stayed January 2014
coenvan, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Hi SebaBustosO,

Thanks very much for taking the time to write this review about your stay with us.

Its great to see that you had an overall enjoyable time with us but naturally the incident you reported is alarming to me. Please know that I am taking this very seriously. Our teams have checked the expiry dates on all the products we sell in our F&B outlets and I can safely say that all products we are displaying are well within the allowed date limits.

The hotel abides by very strict health & safety rulings; especially for food and beverage related services. Most of our standards go far beyond what is the minimum requirement according to local legislation. From production (even off-site) to the point of sales in our outlets, every step of the process is monitored closely for correct and save production, transportation, storage etc. All our suppliers go through a strict approval process before they are allowed to provide us with their products.

This is however in no case a justification of what has happened to you; clearly a human error was made somewhere. For this I am deeply sorry and please know that my culinary team and I are reviewing our processes to prevent any such thing from happening again in the future.

We empathize deeply with your situation and the stomach aches you are experiencing. I kindly ask you to connect with me directly so I can find an appropriate way to attempt and restore your faith in us. My direct email is coen.vanniersen@alofthotels.com.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I get really sick of paying a lot for crappy hotels in Europe. At Aloft we paid 63 euros and got a great, clean room a really comfortable king bed. They even have air conditioning and an awesome shower. If you are single or younger they have a great bar on the main floor that gets a little crazy at night. None of which can be heard in the rooms. Best hotel I've stayed in, in Europe.

Room Tip: Park on the street overnight for free. Parking is scarce but plenty of parking only a minute or two...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
coenvan, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Hi Steven M,

Such great comments about your stay with us - thanks a lot!
We're indeed very competitive on price, especially over the weekends. With rates that typically range between 60-85 euro's on a friday and/or saturday night you receive great value for money.

Thanks for sharing with the rest of the tripadvisor world and wishing you a great 2014.

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a four day weekend exploring Brussels. Found the hotel to be very clean, our room was very nice, very modern and we had the most comfortable bed ever! Certainly one of the most comfy in our European hotels, and we've been in a lot. The price was exceptionally reasonable. Which was a huge plus for such a trendy hotel. We refused having our room cleaned for two of the days and so for each day we received a 5 euro voucher to redeem on food or whatever. The hotel not really located in the center of town, but we didn't feel that it was far from anything because there were two metro stops about 5 mins walking distance. So, no big deal. Also there is a bakery and a grocery store literally right next door to the hotel. I would definitely recommend staying here. The staff were friendly and professional also.

• Stayed December 2013
Hi kkp83,

You touch on a lot of points that keep coming back on these tripadvisor reviews. Good value for money, nice design, well located, good public transport connections, etc. It's so nice to see that these points continue to be our strengths; we'll for sure continue to leverage on them.

Hopefully we see you back soon?

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The Aloft Schuman hotel in Brusselss is very a well located hotel, very modern and cozy and with young and very friendly staff. Highly recommended if you are spending a weekend in Brussels. It is excellent value for money on weekends.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Carlos P,

Friendly staff, good value for money and nice design - that about sums us up - thanks very much! We're delighted to read you had such a nice time and hope you'll be back with us soon.

California Hot Springs, California
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was our first time staying at an Aloft hotel. The location was in a great neighborhood next to the park. There were plenty of great little restauarants, cafes, and bars in the area. It is located on a train route so you can easily make your way through the city.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is fun and bright and offers a great lobby area where you can hang out with friends and relax after a day of walking around. There is always coffee and drinks available and even around the clock food and snacks.

The room was clean and comfortable and offered all the normal hotel amenities.

The real kicker was that we were able to stay in a nice hotel in a great area in Brussels for only 60 Euro per night!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Kyra S,

The surrounding area of the hotel indeed has plenty to offer. We are located right in the heart of the EU district with all key areas literally on our doorstep. Place Jourdan is a lovely little square with bars, restaurants and Chez Antoine, which serves the best fries in all of Belgium!

The hotel itself has great design and a buzzing social scene in the Wxyz bar. We hope you will be back soon for some more a-list adventure!

Have an easy breezy day.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Etterbeek
Made in Louise
NH Collection Brussels Centre
Radisson RED Brussels
Radisson RED Brussels
#3 of 16 in Ixelles

Been to Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel? Share your experiences!