“What a treat!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Etterbeek
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“What a treat!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Beautifully styled modern hotel, friendly staff, easy relaxing atmosphere.

Also only just around the corner from the famous Maison Antoinne (famous fries). I will certainly book Aloft again when next in Brussels..

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Eveline N, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Hi ras163,

Wow, what a short and sassy review! We love it, and are really happy to read how much you enjoyed your Aloft experience!

Welcome back soon!!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Contrary to what's stated at the end of my review, I actually stayed at the Aloft Brussels for a week in March 2012. Admittedly, this review is a bit delayed, but it’s a positive one and one that I think other travelers will find useful.

Positives:
- Room Size: The room I got was HUGE. I was upgraded for being Starwood Platnium, so I got the largest room on the floor, but my coworkers had regular-sized rooms and those were still more than generous in size.
- Fitness Center: One of the best ones I’ve had the pleasure of using in Europe. It’s down in the basement, so you don’t get a great view, but it’s kept at a really nice cool temperature, all the equipment is new, and there was plenty of space. I also found I was pretty much the only one ever in there, so that was great too.
- TV/Internet: I was able to watch some of the March Madness basketball games while I was there, which was a huge surprise. Also, internet was good enough to do Skype calls and stream videos. All of that is much appreciated.
- Location: If you read my other review of the Marriott Brussels, you’ll see that I listed location as a positive there too. The Aloft's location is a plus to, but for a different reason. This location is better if you want to get away from all the busy touristy stuff, but still have things to do. There’s a square just to the south of the hotel (PI Jourdan) with some good options for food. It’s also close to a couple of different museums, and there’s a park nearby that was good to run in.

Negatives:
- Honestly, no real negatives here. A coworker of mine wasn’t a huge fan of the hotel because he felt like it was trying too hard to be trendy (the loud club-ish music in the lobby, very spartan furnishings in the room, etc.). However, I appreciated it for what it is, which is basically a slightly down-market W-type hotel.

If you’re looking for the standard Starwood experience offered by Westins or something, this probably isn’t the property for you. However, Aloft properties are all pretty new, clean, and offer good value for travelers.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank wpc_ca
Hi wpc_ca,

Wow, what a great review! We are very thankful you took the time to share your experience with us and are super happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the Aloft concept so much!

Again, thanks for sharing and caring and hopefully see you back soon!

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I wasn't expecting much before my arrival because the price is a bargain. But ever since we arrived at the front desk I was surprised by the great service. The staff was very friendly to us and my 13 months son. The room is clean and well equipped, the space is not really big though, but big enough to open two 29" luggage (plus a baby stroller).
There is a small market store next to the hotel, and my husband lost his credit card there. We didn't notice it until few hours after our check out, with the great support from the hotel staffs we found the credit card. They are really honest and helping.
The only thing could be better is the water of shower is too weak. (Probably because we stayed on the roof floor) Otherwise it's a great experience to stay there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear LinYuChuan,

Thank you so much for writing such an awesome review about your stay at Aloft Brussels Schuman! And thank you for your compliments to our Hotel Talent, they are super happy to hear that you found them to be so helpful!

We hope to see you back here soon!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I'm a veteran of the Aloft properties and had a good idea of what to expect. That being funky/trendy decor, well thought out room, and excellent service. I wasn't disappointed at all in staying at this Aloft. My wife and I were on part 2 of our honeymoon and we got what we needed out of the stay.

The location has a Metro stop super close by, and the train is just a bit further distance. We also learned of/and used the very convenient bus to get to the airport when our trip ended. You're 10 minutes from Grand Place and other attractions by Metro, and we were there often. We also day tripped to Brugge without any difficulty.

Loved the free wi-fi and the bartender gave us great tips on going out in the city - yes you can do that in Brussels.

Finally, we got into Brussels super early from an international flight and were exhausted. Our room was ready and available and they checked us in immediately (7 am). This alone was worth the great review I'm providing here.All in all, a very good stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clsimp1
Dear clsimp1,

Wow, thanks so much for your awesome review! We are super happy to hear that you enjoyed your Aloft Experience so much and that our staff made you feel so welcomed!

We hope you will stay with us again sometime soon!

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Aloft is is a modern hotel and style features heavily in it's decor. The breakfast options were very good, the room was a good size for a city hotel, but the room I was in (114) was very nosy. Five am recycling collections (especially glass) can really disturb your sleep! Even after I complained, I was not given the option to move rooms, dispute being a Starwood cardholder. If I visit Brussels again, Aloft would not be my choice of hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid 114 at all costs!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mackemeagle,

First of all thanks for your feedback in regards to your last stay with us here. It is great to hear that you loved the Aloft's style, our spacious Aloft Rooms and the sumptuous breakfast!

However it is sad to read that due to the noise, you would not consider staying with us again. I do hope that I will be able to convince you to give the Aloft another try, and if you do I will personally see to it that we give you a quiet room, located on one of our higher floors. If you decide to give us another chance, please reach out to me directly at eveline.noort@alofthotels.com and I will ensure we will take great care of you!

Have an easy breezy weekend,

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

A good hotel that could so easily be a very good hotel. There are many positives; the rooms are big, the beds very comfy, the shower great and the staff very friendly. However there are are also a few negatives. There are no drawers in the rooms and virtually no wardrobe space (I stayed 5 nights and couldn't hang all my clothes up). The Internet is just about OK but certainly not fast. My tv stopped working after the first day but I never bothered to report it because when it did function it was extremely frustrating; changing channels is very slow and ponderous and it was so annoying I stopped using it before it decided to take a break. Breakfast is ok (the croissants are lovely) and, whilst it's certainly an unusual set up, I think it works OK. I'd certainly return ( for the shower and the croissants) but I'd ensure I didn't need to use the tv and that I didn't need super fast Internet. There are lots of very good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Steve_Andrea23,

Thanks for sharing your experiences at the Aloft Brussels Schuman with us! We are really happy to read that you loved our croissants and spacious showers and that you'll be returning to enjoy them again!

Regarding your feedback, we want you to know that we are looking into the TV services and the speed of our fast + free wifi.

When you return to stay with us, please reach out to me directly so I can arrange a room with more wardrobe space for your longer stay with us. You can reach me directly via eveline.noort@alofthotels.com

Again, thanks for caring and sharing your thoughts!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Very comfortable and clean, quirky décor, very friendly and helpful staff. Convenient to airport bus and right next to main EU buildings. Wifi in rooms and facility to connect laptop to flat-screen in room, so brilliant for business trips.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Deirdre D
Bram V, Front Office Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
HI Deirdre D,

Thanks for your review here on Tripadvisor!

We hope to continue to be your ideal spot for business travel!

Very best regards,

Bram Visser
Front of House Talent Coach
Also consider these accommodations in or near Etterbeek
Thon Hotel EU
Sofitel Brussels Europe
Sofitel Brussels Europe
#5 of 199 in Brussels
NH Collection Brussels Centre

Been to Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel? Share your experiences!