“Friendly”

Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Etterbeek
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We chose the Aloft Brussels as we are SPG members, thus often look first for an SPG hotel. What makes this hotel high on my list of recommended properties is more the excellent service than location or accommodations. But all of it was good.

Our check-in with Olivier was seamless and wonderfully friendly, and we were accommodated for our early arrival. We received a nice room, although there was one thing I would change: the safe was located in a place where you had to engage it (put in a code to close it) or you would bump into it when exiting the washroom. I still have the mark on my hip from that mistake. Unfortunately, the batteries were out on the safe so it made an annoying noise, but Olivier quickly fixed it.

The hotel is located in the EU area, which is incredibly convenient if you're needing to access these offices. It's not a long walk from either of two Metro stations, and there is a bus stop right in front. To walk to Grand Place takes about 20+ minutes.

We used the lounge in the evening and really enjoyed sampling the bartender's cocktail offerings. The next morning, we used the breakfast facilities and were more than satisfied with the available food.

All in all, a good stay made great by fantastic staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan Z
Eveline N, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hi Susan Z!

Wow, thanks for this amazing review on your stay with us here at Aloft Brussels Schuman!

We are super excited to read that one of our valued talents Olivier made your stay great! He says hi :)

We really hope we will be able to welcome you back to stay with us soon again - until then we wish you an Easy Breezy time!

There are newer reviews for Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Handy location in EU area so good for my work trip.

Room was spacious and well insulated so nice and quiet despite being beside what is sometimes a busy road.

Bed was comfortable, shower nice and big but the room always seemed to smell bad - had to open the window to get rid of it & sometimes it was coming from the drain in the shower.

Clever idea to offer a €5 F&B voucher for being environmentally friendly - for every day you don't change the linens BUT this means that your room doesn't get serviced at all: no toilet roll, no cleaning, bed not made, bins not emptied. This is not made clear in the documentation.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hi ShivCaughey,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

First of all I am a bit sad to read that your experience was not as flawless as it should have been! Please allow me to apologize for the fact that you dealt with a smell in your room - we take this very seriously and I want to ensure that this never happens again!

Would you therefore be so kind to email me on eveline.noort@alofthotels.com so I can find out what room you stayed in?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed here two times and I booked the second time around after a good initial stay. The staff are very friendly and provided good service. Though I preferred the room I stayed first time around. It is easy to get from airport and other locations and they have a supermarket nearby. They also have some nice restaurants about 5 mins walk. I also got a very good offer for both my stays. I tired to get the same offer for a colleague and it was not available (it was double the amount I had paid...). Overall, I would stay here again if I get another good offer...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have been very happy with the Aloft hotel in Brussels that I was trying for the first time. More generally, this was my first Aloft experience.

Aloft Brussels is a modern hotel ideally located near the european institutions, close to the center, and next to the metro / subway. It represents for me a very good alternative to some overpriced or noisy hotel in the center while providing you with all basic needs nowadays such as a large and clean room (comfortable bed and linen), a breakfast, free wifi and a bar for a drink in the evening. The area is quiet in the evening and you will have a good sleep then. Very affordable price, especially during week-end.

Young and dynamic staff at the front desk will be always happy to help.

There is a fitness center but did not have time to look at it. A few parking places available.

I would advice this hotel for rather friends and travellers expecting comfortable location. No restaurant but you are in Brussels (food and snack to grab available).

I wil go back there for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is a great hotel, with none of the added extras that are surplus to requirement. Huge comfortable bed, spacious light room, modern bathroom and AMAZING shower. Breakfast is good value with decent choice and the staff are very friendly.

The bar has a good atmosphere in the evening and there is free bebéfoot and pool, what more do you want?!

Stayed Feb 2014, travelled on business

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Eveline N, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hi Herve V!

How awesome to read that you enjoyed the Aloft Hotels Concept so much! We offer the same awesome design, and foosball and pooltables at all Aloft Hotels, so be sure to check our sister properties out!

Welcome back soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Fantastic hotel! Very easy to travel from Airport as well. Also the famous french fries of Brussels is 5 mins walk from the hotel. With a modern architecture, nice ambiance and great service from staff with friendly people. The lobby, with a game-room, fireplace and a lounge bar with cool drinks are excellente to relax.This hotel has some of the nicest decor and furnishings We've seen. We love it! The location is in a business district, but it's not a horrible walk to the major sights in Brussels and many lovely restaurants within walking. The hotel hosts different activities at night including a karaoke night the night. The hotel was a highlight of our trip! The metro is also not far away (less than a mile). Further, you can walk to Grand Place or Manneken Pis in about 25 minutes. When we stayed there, it was snowing! Through the big window in the room was possible admire the snow falling down!! Highly recommended!!! :)

Room Tip: The room is beautiful and spacious, with a décor full of colors and modern, the bed was super comfor...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Eveline N, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hi Biancamoura!

Thanks so much for sharing your Aloft experience with us! We are so excited and happy to read that you enjoyed the concept and your stay so much, to the extent that it was the highlight of your trip!

Please come back and stay with us again soon - we are currently refurbishing our Re:mix lobby and I am sure you would LOVE to new look!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was a beautiful, edgy boutique hotel and amazingly it was cheap!
The hotel lobby was gorgeous with a lot going on....lots of places to sit, food area, pool tables etc. The staff was very friendly upon arrival and thankfully spoke english well....my french was pretty broken. :/ The hotel had a small parking garage that cost 25 euros.
Now the room.....AWESOME! It was ginormous, super clean and very well laid out. It had ample room for storage which was a breath of fresh air from our three week vacation in Europe. My absolutely favorite part of the room was the walk-in shower. The rain shower felt glorious. The beds were incredibly soft and comfy and my hubby and I had a wonderful night's sleep.
Also, another great perk about the hotel was that it was only a six minute walk to the metro. From there it was a twenty minute ride to The Grand Place.
Wonderful hotel and will be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank purpleladyslippers8

Hi purpleladyslippers8,

We really want to thank you for sharing such an awesome review about your stay with us here! We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed it so much - and you know that all Aloft Hotels around the world offer the exact same awesome concept?!

We are looking forward to welcome you back at one of the Aloft Hotels soon!

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Etterbeek
Thon Hotel EU
#6 of 198 in Brussels
Radisson RED Brussels
Radisson RED Brussels
#2 of 15 in Ixelles

Been to Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel? Share your experiences!