“An excellent weekend!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Etterbeek
London, United Kingdom
“An excellent weekend!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My friends and I stayed from the 2nd to 4th April 2014, and we loved this hotel! We were a group of 9 visiting Brussels for a weekend away and this hotel was perfect. It was located about 2 mins from the closest metro station, and about a 5 min walk from some local shops which was also convenient. The buffet breakfast was included in our price and was really good, as there was a good selection always available.

The rooms were amazing; comfortable, modern and spacious. The rooms were cleaned to perfection and not one of us had any complaints ever.

The staff at reception were also super friendly and helpful, we arrived quite late around 23:30 and they ensured check in was speedy and also gave us useful tips regarding Brussels and the area we were staying in.

This hotel deserves the Excellent ratings from trip advisor, and if you book with them, you will not be disappointed.

Brussels is not the most exciting place on earth for a group of 18-25 year olds, however this city does have a lot of history. When I return to Brussels to visit friends, I will definitely be staying at this hotel, it surpassed all my expectations!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor, and the rest of my friends were on the 3rd floor, all were pretty go...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Raphyy_Jim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The hotel proved very easy to get to - there's a direct bus from both the airport and Brussels Midi station to right outside, and it's very close to a metro stop too. Lovely park just round the corner too, and not too far from the centre, so generally a great spot!

This was my first Aloft stay, and I have to say I liked it. It feels like a cross between a W and a Hampton! The hotel has a trendy vibe to it, with friendly staff, great spaces to hang out in, well decorated rooms etc. Unlike a W, it's not crazy money, instead it has decent quality furnishings and layout like a Hampton. For me, it worked well, though it made me miss it when I stayed in a Hampton a week later...

One way it differs from a Hampton is that the breakfast isn't free, and what there is is much like a Hampton breakfast, so I'd suggest you skip it and head elsewhere for something nicer at the same price.

Overall, well done, great spot, friendly staff, I'll be back next time I'm in Brussels!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is clean and certainly looks new. The room is certainly spacious and v comfy typical of aloft's standard. There are few eateries nearby within walking distance and a supermarket across the road. It is also less than 5 mins to metro station which is 2 stops away from Central station which again is less than 5 mins journey.
Will be back again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SgnExp
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a high quality hotel with very good amenities. The "concept" which distinguishes it from other 4-star hotels is really just square rather than rectangular rooms and self-check in options, but, that said, they do a very good job with it.

The weekend package including a very good buffet breakfast was quite reasonably priced. I would stay here again any time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We chose the Aloft Brussels as we are SPG members, thus often look first for an SPG hotel. What makes this hotel high on my list of recommended properties is more the excellent service than location or accommodations. But all of it was good.

Our check-in with Olivier was seamless and wonderfully friendly, and we were accommodated for our early arrival. We received a nice room, although there was one thing I would change: the safe was located in a place where you had to engage it (put in a code to close it) or you would bump into it when exiting the washroom. I still have the mark on my hip from that mistake. Unfortunately, the batteries were out on the safe so it made an annoying noise, but Olivier quickly fixed it.

The hotel is located in the EU area, which is incredibly convenient if you're needing to access these offices. It's not a long walk from either of two Metro stations, and there is a bus stop right in front. To walk to Grand Place takes about 20+ minutes.

We used the lounge in the evening and really enjoyed sampling the bartender's cocktail offerings. The next morning, we used the breakfast facilities and were more than satisfied with the available food.

All in all, a good stay made great by fantastic staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan Z
Eveline N, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hi Susan Z!

Wow, thanks for this amazing review on your stay with us here at Aloft Brussels Schuman!

We are super excited to read that one of our valued talents Olivier made your stay great! He says hi :)

We really hope we will be able to welcome you back to stay with us soon again - until then we wish you an Easy Breezy time!

Eveline Noort
Hotel Manager
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Handy location in EU area so good for my work trip.

Room was spacious and well insulated so nice and quiet despite being beside what is sometimes a busy road.

Bed was comfortable, shower nice and big but the room always seemed to smell bad - had to open the window to get rid of it & sometimes it was coming from the drain in the shower.

Clever idea to offer a €5 F&B voucher for being environmentally friendly - for every day you don't change the linens BUT this means that your room doesn't get serviced at all: no toilet roll, no cleaning, bed not made, bins not emptied. This is not made clear in the documentation.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hi ShivCaughey,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

First of all I am a bit sad to read that your experience was not as flawless as it should have been! Please allow me to apologize for the fact that you dealt with a smell in your room - we take this very seriously and I want to ensure that this never happens again!

Would you therefore be so kind to email me on eveline.noort@alofthotels.com so I can find out what room you stayed in?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Have an easy breezy day!

Eveline Noort
Hotel Manager
Dakar, Senegal
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed here two times and I booked the second time around after a good initial stay. The staff are very friendly and provided good service. Though I preferred the room I stayed first time around. It is easy to get from airport and other locations and they have a supermarket nearby. They also have some nice restaurants about 5 mins walk. I also got a very good offer for both my stays. I tired to get the same offer for a colleague and it was not available (it was double the amount I had paid...). Overall, I would stay here again if I get another good offer...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Etterbeek
Thon Hotel EU
Sofitel Brussels Europe
Sofitel Brussels Europe
#5 of 199 in Brussels
NH Collection Brussels Centre

Been to Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel? Share your experiences!