“Most comfortable bed ever!”

Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Etterbeek
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Most comfortable bed ever!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I go to Brussels a few times a year, for work. I normally stay in different hotels because I haven't found one that i really want to go back to. Until now.

Staff is so very friendly and approachable, and my room was incredibly comfortable in all respects. Windows that open for ventilation, temperature easily regulated with air con / heater, lovely bathroom and toiletries, and tea/coffee making facilities as well as a mini fridge. This was one of my favourite things, an empty mini fridge so I could buy Belgian delicacies and keep them cold for when I got back to the hotel. Marvellous!

My room also had a large desk, very useful for work, the WiFi as free and excellent speed, good enough to stream video. Very little noise in the room in spite of an outside bar.

Breakfast is only continental / cold selections, which I didn't mind. Curtains are not black out, but the bed is so ridiculously comfortable that you won't notice!

Location is fantastic for anything related to the EU buildings, and there's a metro station 5 minutes away if you fancy going into the centre, or to / from Eurostar terminal.

I will be back!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michoverde
Eveline N, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hi Michoverde!

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to share your great comments with us regarding your stay here at the Aloft Brussels Schuman!

We are happy to read that you enjoyed the Aloft concept so much, and are happy to inform you that our 'insanely comfortable' signature r&r bed can be found at all Aloft Hotels Worldwide! So go out and explore all our other fantastic locations - with the next one to be opened in cool Liverpool!

Welcome back soon! Have an easy breezy day!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Maplewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 June 2014

As a frequent traveller to Brussels I gave up staying at the Le Meridien a few years ago. It was just not my style. The Aloft meets my needs perfectly and is just a short taxi or metro ride to my office. In addition, when I arrive back to the hotel each night, it is more like arriving home. With the quaint Place Jourdain nearby and the park, it is a much more relaxing environment. I love the Aloft.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at, probably the best! Very convenient location, just 8-minute walk from two metro stations. The stop of the bus that goes to and comes from the airport is also near. Modern, trendy and comfortable.

The staff is so nice and friendly, laid-back, and they make you feel relaxed.

The room is nothing but perfect. Spacious, with a HUGE and comfy bed, and the bathroom is just gorgeous. A fantastic wide mirror and two sinks on the bathroom counter, plenty of space for you to keep all your toiletries and cosmetics. The shower is fantastic. There is complimentary water which I thought was a nice touch. Oh and there is also an iron and an iron board. Very handy if you get there with crumpled clothes!

If you ask them not to clean the room for one day you get a 5 euro voucher to spend however you like. Nice.

Fair price, considering I stayed there for a weekend (from Friday to Monday). The Wi-Fi works amazingly good, very fast.

I just loved everything and I want to come back again!

Room Tip: Get the highest room possible, to avoid the noise although it’s not so noisy and also to get a nice...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hi ronare13,

We are so excited to read your amazing review of your stay with us!!!

We can't wait for you to come back and stay with us again!

Strassen, Luxembourg
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel for the overall value is the best I've ever stayed in. It's modern, trendy, comfortable and is staffed by a vibrant and extremely helpful group of young people. As far as appearing like a youth hostel, it has fussball and pool tables in the lobby, but is definitely a hotel. Location is great, close to a Metro station. This hotel has so much more than its competitors, free wifi for one (and it's fast). The only gripe I can think of for the Aloft is that it's food is pretty pricey for what it is, €12.50 for a buffet breakfast with pretty limited choice. It also has a vast bar and a gym downstairs. It's a shame that for now there are not more of these in Europe, only Brussels London and Istanbul.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi WillP793,

Wow thank you for your awesome review on your stay at Aloft Brussels Schuman! It seems like you found exactly what you were looking for here with us at Aloft and I am happy to inform you that we are opening up many more Aloft Hotels in Europe, starting with Liverpool this fall, and then followed by Amsterdam, Stuttgart, Munich and another one in London shortly after that!

Keep watching Aloft hotels online for more information on hotels to be opened soon!

Leiria, Portugal
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel is awesome!!
It has a young atmosphere and its perfect for young people... But older people will still feel right at home.

The only thing I didn't enjoy was the lack of windows shutters... It had good curtains but in the morning, and if your like me, it was a pain to sleep with all the light in the room.

The breakfast is great, with a great selection of food, and not too expensive. You can book it when you check in.

It has a great bar in the hotels, where travelers and locals can mingle. It's not too far from the city center, and there is a Metro stop nearby. There is also a BUS directly to the airport from the stop besides the hotel entrance.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Aloft Schuman hotel is one of the Starwood hotel in Brussels. We booked the hotel thinking that it is situated nearest to the city centre, according to the Starwood website. We found that Le Meridien is just situated next to the Central Train Station! We need to spend €15 on a taxi ride from Central station to the hotel. I tried walking in a separate trip and took me just 25min from Central station. Other than the distance, Aloft is actually a very good hotel, living up to the high standard of the Starwood hotel chain. The room looks bright and minimalist design, but comes with all the necessary room amenities. I am most happy with a walk-in shower as i does not like showering in a bath tub. Wifi is free for all guests in the room and common area. Interestingly, there is a self-service laundrette (1 washing machine and 1 dryer) for guest use. I was so happy to wash our dirty jeans and had clean jeans for the rest of our vacation. The staffs were always helpful. We enjoyed our 2-night stay at Aloft Schuman hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Eveline N, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Hi wmloke13,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about us! We are super happy to read that you enjoyed the Aloft Concept, including our super efficient Clean, where our guests can wash and dry their own clothing!

If you're ever back in Brussels, we hope to see you back with us again!

Mannheim, Germany, Europe
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very pretty and it has a laid back atmosphere that makes one feel at ease. The staff were very friendly, it was very clean and it's in a very nice area. If you don't mind walking, the city centre is about 30 minutes away. Try not to use the Hotel's parking though because it's a bit pricey.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Etterbeek
Thon Hotel EU
Sofitel Brussels Europe
Sofitel Brussels Europe
#5 of 199 in Brussels
NH Collection Brussels Centre

Been to Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel? Share your experiences!