“Great staff and a great hotel!”

Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Etterbeek
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Very well located, a modern and comfortable hotel. What made my stay special was the staff, they are all very helpful. I was given a room in the first floor but shifted in the 6th floor on my request to avoid any disturbances from any noises. The room was specious, very modern, clean and very quite. Very well furnished with everything someone would need travelling for business or pleasure. The entire staff was very friendly, helpful but I would mention the night shift shift person Abdel and the FO Manager, Bram. Abdel is a young full of energy person, always proactive, and helpful in giving informations. One nigh before my departure I did ask for a wake-up call early in the morning he did call me twice in order I would be wake and would not miss my early morning train to Dussendorf. Bram is the person that knows how to motivate the staff, help them and exceed guests expectations. Housekeeping staff is very good as well and does a great job too. I did not use the other hotel services and facilities this time but I shall do so during my next stay. Great concept and great service!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Eveline N, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Hi Illyrian14!

Wow, wow, wow! What a pleasure to read your review on your recent stay with us at Aloft Brussels Schuman!

Bram and Abdel are super proud and happy to read that you enjoyed their service so much - you are most welcome!

We surely hope to be able to welcome you back again soon!

There are newer reviews for Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I like the concept of Aloft. A Starwood formula, it offers modern and very comfortable, spacious rooms, but the atmosphere is relaxed and informal. Prices are very reasonable and the hotel is located close to the Schuman area (European Commission, European Parliament) and the major musea. Well equipped gym. The only downside is the breakfast: although cheap, its offering is somewhat limited.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ChrisHaenen

Hi ChrisHaenen,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us!

It is so lovely to read that you loved the Aloft way of staying, and we truly hope you will stop by one of our sister hotels or back with us one day perhaps!

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Me ,wife and 4. children just arrived to the aloft hotel. ...great receptionist Stephanie was super help ..did answer all questions with a smile. ..showed us all nearby attractions. .help us with our baggage. ..she was awesome. .not to forget Mona showed me the direction of prayers! The rooms are spacious. .location very good close to Joraan. .so far things are good. ..waiting for the next 3 nights :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Hi a a,

Stefania, Mouna and the rest of the Aloft team want to thank you very much for sharing such lovely words on them and your stay with us! We hope the rest of your nights with us were as great as the arrival experience!

Welcome back soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed in Brussels for about 1.5 months, and after an extremely disappointing stay at the Sheraton Brussels I moved over to the Aloft (Starwood loyalist) and I couldn't have been happier.

The Aloft is newer - extremely clean and well designed. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. There are restaurants close by, and the hotel is extremely close to the EU (where there is a convenient train station below - Luxembourg).

I would highly recommend the hotel - my only wish would be an in-house restaurant, but there are plenty of close options!

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for a room facing the EU / fountain park.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Hi Brad H!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us here at Aloft Brussels Schuman!

We are super excited to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! All we can say is welcome back soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We strongly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Brussels.

While the hotel is not located in the tourist area of Brussels, it is situated within walking distance of 2 very nice well kept parks (leopold and jubel), the automobile and military history museums, a small supermarket, a great family bakery and a market square which has numerous restaurants and pubs to satisfy most. It also has great bus and metro links to the main station and the center of Brussels.

The hotel itself is very modern and clean, the rooms are very big and have all you could need for your stay including a mini fridge, large tv and a very comfy bed. They provide you with numerous magazines and the staff are very helpful if you want recommendations for eating out or information on the tourist attractions.

We recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Brussels as we would stay here again if we went back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris W
Eveline N, General Manager at Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Hi Chris W!

WOW! What a fabulous review of the coolest hotel in Brussels - the Aloft Brussels Schuman!

You perfectly described what a stay with us is like, and are super happy to read that you enjoyed it so much - and that you will return to stay with us again!

We can't wait!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed two different occasion at the Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel last week. Both times room was spacious, wonderful big and comfortable double bed, finely designed bathroom area and super friendly and helpful staff. Couldn´t be happier. Only minus (if any) was that there was rather modest breakfast organised by hotel For me it wasn´t problem since had to hurry for the meeting in morning and could not have had a chance to enjoy full breakfast anyways. My coworker stayed there too and also was really satisfied with room.

I really can recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Brussels.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Hi Jaana P!

Wow, thank you thank you thank you for your amazing review of your stay with us here at the Aloft Brussels Schuman!!

We are super happy to read that you enjoyed your stay so much - and can't wait to have you back here again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

HHHello All, It was time to do another vacation, Hashing. Hash travels have always been fun. The places, the Hashes you meet are just fantastic. So Brussels was my next stop & our hotel was the Aloft. The Hotel was located in a very convenient area. Easy with taxi's & metro's.

The day we arrived was a sad story. We were all tired coming into The Aloft & we were told our booking has been cancelled. This was bad. Then our mate who organised the hotel asked the reception show us the cancellation. This episode took more than 1 hr & pissed most people off. I must say that the hotel should have been better prepared. No apology, No welcome drink....I get mad when westerners visit asian hotels & complain.

Good room & a very nice Bar WXYZ. Good pricing ! Good Week !!

Room Tip: Room 514 Nice view of the square.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Kerala2014!

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts about your experience with us here at Aloft Brussels Schuman.

While it is sad to read that your arrival experience was not as smooth as it should have been, I am happy to read that you enjoyed your week with us and especially our Wxyz Bar!

I have investigated the incident that occurred, and unfortunately due to a system error half of your group was cancelled in the system. As we were fully booked on the day of your arrival, our Manager on Duty had to ensure that we could take you all in, which unfortunately did not happen as quickly as we aimed for.

All in all, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the way your arrival went, and I wish I could turn back time to do it all over again. As that is unfortunately not possible, I hope you will accept our apology and might return to stay with us again one day. If you do, please reach out to me directly so I can personally see to it that we take great care of you.

In case you have any further feedback, I am of course here for you as well.

Have an easy breezy day,

Eveline.noort@alofthotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Etterbeek
Thon Hotel EU
#7 of 198 in Brussels
Radisson RED Brussels
Radisson RED Brussels
#2 of 15 in Ixelles

Been to Aloft Brussels Schuman Hotel? Share your experiences!