“Great location, good price-quality”

Best Western Plus Park Hotel Brussels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Etterbeek
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Though in the centre of Brussels, and close the EU- institutuions, the hotel is situated in a calm area, opposite of the Park. At the backside of the hotel a nice innergarden, which allows sleeping with open window:no streetnoise.
The breakfastbuffet is of good quality, good service from the staff. Rooms we cleanand all in all a good price-quality ratio.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank dutch-family-in-USA

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I found the service at this hotel to be outstanding. The staff went out of their way for me, including posting back two jackets that I foolishly left in the wardrobe.
The hotel is perfectly located for the EU buildings, and is nice and close to the park.
My room was very clean and comfortably decorated.
Overall an excellent experience and I would fully recommend.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The hotel is located in a traditional building, close to a park and 5 minutes walking distance from the Metro station Merode. It is not located in the city center, but the metro line at Merode gets you there in 5 minutes. The atmosphere in the hotel is welcoming and friendly. The room was middlesized and clean. Breakfast is served in a nice old style room and includes pastries, scrambled eggs and fruits, i.e. an upgraded continental breakfast. Around the Metro station you'll find a selection of different restaurants. In summary I would review it as average to good, but compared to many other hotels in Brussels it is well above average.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor provide access to a nice garden with different seating areas.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Spent 4 days here, and overall it wasn't too bad. The room was spacious for an individual, but the bed was not good, it was very small and not comfortable. The breakfast was great and had a lot of options. It was a nice walk to the train which can take you downtown in no time. The park was also very nice.
I believe with new beds I would have ranked this stay higher.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I really liked this hotel. For Brussels standards it's not too expensive and it's still a four star hotel. The room was very spacious and clean with the view to the park and the street, but it's rather quiet since it's not a big street. The personnel has been very kind and helpful, unlike in some five-star hotels in Brussels I stayed at in the past. There's free wireless internet in the room and I also had breakfast included in the price. The breakfast room is a glass-roofed room at the back overlooking an inviting private hotel garden. It's a buffet breakfast, so you can eat as much as you want and there's a selection of food for every taste. I don't like Brussels at all, but if I have to come back there I'll certainly go to this hotel again!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2010

I stayed here for one night on business. I certainly wouldn't have stayed a second, and I have now asked that this hotel be removed from the list of approved hotels used by my company.

On a business trip, I'm not expecting grandeur from the hotel - I want a clean, comfortable room where I can prepare for the next day's meeting and get a decent night's sleep. However for 165 euros I was shown a small single room that was simply unacceptable. Having read previous reviews on tripadvisor I had anticipated that the mattress might be old. This was indeed the case. The mattress was soft and lumpy but the hotel had appeared to attempt to rectify this by placing upon it a thin (say 1 or 2 inch) foam mattress that was absolutely filthy. I discovered this immediately on arrival as the bed gave off a distinct whiff of urine and having pulled back the sheets it was clear that the source of the odour was this extremely dirty, stained top mattress.

I went back to reception to request another room. I was subsequently shown an identical room, but it smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke. At this point I had made the mental decision to move elsewhere, if necessary out of my own pocket. I was then shown a third room which the receptionist said was one of their new Executive rooms and this was in fact a great improvement. I don't know the tariff but it was presumably more than the price I had paid (the receptionist said she would let me have this at the 165 euro rate). Even so, there was no way that this room was to a 4* standard. Tired furniture and twin beds pushed together to create a double ( but each bed still with single sheet and single duvet).

Breakfast was a dismal affair - a selection of limp processed meat and dried pastries.

In its favour, the hotel has a nice location next to the park. The bathrooms, as I saw them in each room, also appeared clean. However I have given this hotel a 1 for cleanliness because of the filthy mattress, which was simply unhygienic; and overall my impression is that this is a rather tired 2* hotel in desperate need of an upgrade.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank mrandmrs_snuffles
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I've stayed in over 20 Brussels hotels and this is by a long way the poorest. My room was an odd single affair. The bed is small, if you are over 6 foot tall you will not fit and it is hard to keep the bedding on. Bed was uneven so an awful night's sleep. arriving staff were slow and key did not work. Nor did next key so I was sent to bed with no key and told I could sort this out in the morning! effectively I was stuck in the room and couldn't even pop to colleagues' rooms. Like being on the naughty step!
Breakfast is basic and poor for a hotel of this rating.
Trying to pay in morning there was no one on reception twice when I went there in peak time for checking out. Receptionist busy gossiping elsehwere with cleaners, why bother with customers?
Bad bed, bad service, uncaring attitude there's far, far better elsewhere, never again!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Etterbeek
Ibis Brussels off Grand Place
The Hotel - Brussels
The Hotel - Brussels
#16 of 199 in Brussels
Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Park Hotel Brussels? Share your experiences!