“Official stay can be pleasant but be careful what your bill says”

Mercure Brussels Airport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Evere
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed at Mercure Brussels Airport Hotel for two days: 29-31 January 2014. While checking-in I declared that I did not want to eat breakfasts and the lady at the front desk confirmed that appropriate sum of money would be indicated on my bill. Since I was in a hurry I did not read the calculation of costs carefully enough to spot a mistake the person had made. For two-day stay at the hotel there were four breakfast indicated in the calculation. Two of them I did not pay but another two I paid because they were added contrary to my intention and I did not spot that mistake. Since I did not eat breakfasts I paid in fact 40 euro more than I should. Several days later I sent an e-mail asking for a proper bill indicating hotel services only (without breakfasts) sent to me and my money that I paid for two breakfasts back. The hotel replied that I was right and they needed my bank account details to make a refund. That was ten days ago. I haven't received neigher my money nor the bill.
The place itself is conviniently located. The personnel polite and helpful (taxi was waiting at 4:40 a.m.!). Room was very clean as the whole building. Official stay can be pleasant but be careful what your bill says.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 26032013customer

Reviewed 5 February 2014

The good:
• The staff are friendly and helpful.
• Rooms were clean.

The average
• Breakfast is okay. Not worth €20!
• Not much on the TV.
• Not much around the location (Although my work was close by).

The bad
.• Expensive.
• Gym is small.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank elpopop
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My wife & I had to leave Brussels the next morning so we booked a room at this hotel. The room was very good so was the shower. Excellent service by a lady in the bar (I forgot her name shame on me !!!) they cooked our dinner before 5 pm knowing that we had to leave early the next morning. We had a stir-fry in the bar with some cool wine and it was excellent. I wish that most of the business hotyls in North America would have that kind of service like this lady provided to us. There was a shuttle to the airport the very next morning. It may not be close to the airport but service wise and for the rrom we had, we would go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Watchermontreal
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed here for a couple of nights in April 2013. It is a good business hotel, nothing too spectacular but well within the expected level of service for Mercure hotels. Breakfast was excellent, the rooms are spacious. It is convenient for NATO and the Airport, much less so for sightseeing etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank obezyanka_0531_2013
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Located a 23 euro taxi ride from Brussels airport if you miss the last 9:30pm shuttle, this tired hotel seems to take advantage of its isolation:
- non smoking rooms that reek of cold tobacco, hallways that smell mouldy (or urine ?)
- defective plumbing, my sink did not drain properly
- expensive (20€) very average breakfast, even simple things like bread and reconstituted scrambled eggs were messed up,
Should I add more ? I seldom complain about hotels but this one was quite a disappointment.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Canut69
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The courtesy bus from the airport to the hotel runs once an hour, at best. To get to the hotel from the airport, its a 10 minute bus ride, and then a 10 minute walk. How close is it to town? 20 minutes plus 15 minutes+ walk by tram (nearest tram stop 10 mins walk away), or 22 Euros by cab. So all in all, not in a convenient location. In the morning the courtesy bus didn't show - so the hotel arranged for a cab for me (at their expense)

Room Tip: Find another airport hotel if you have an early flight to catch.