“Great local Brasserie”

Dining options: Reservations
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great local Brasserie”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I am usually in Brussels several times a year and when i get the chance to dine on my own or with friends, this is where i go. Brussels is full of Restaurants and unfortunately one sometimes has to do the entertaining clients thing, so they always prefer to go downtown. However, this place is where you can really enjoy great local food and warm and friendly service. The Menu is quite extensive for a small local Brasserie, but i must say that i have tried most dishes and found them all to be of a very high standard. They always have a few specials on the board and that for me is the best place to start. Prices are very good also and the atmosphere is warm and cozy. Do yourself a favour next time you visit Brussels and dine at Le Lion Belge. Oh and its not far from the Airport, so if you are stuck in a Hotel for the evening, its a 10 minute Taxi ride!!!

• Visited February 2014

Dublin, Ireland
“T-Bone excellence”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have eaten the biggest T-bone steak at this restaurant ever and have never had a more tender piece of T-Bone steak ever. Truly excellent

• Visited February 2014
Marysville
“Very nice place”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Good food. Nice place. Nice service. Great place to visit. May want reservations. I had veal milanese with mushroom sauce and it was good. Another had duck and it looked excellent. Others had salmon and it was excellent. Piano player for most of the night. Chocolate mousse was excellent. Sorbet as well. Creme Brule had the sugar burnt but was good.

Philadelphia
“Friendly neighborhood establishment”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

While staying down town, we decided to try something more local. Our reservation was made at a local web site and we used the bus to get out into the area. The bus stop was a block away and soon we were inside. It was warm and inviting. The host was aware of our reservation and saved a great table with a view.

Both our host / server and the chef stopped by with details about the food and the place. My friends had mussels which he had wanted and I tried a steak. He was very happy with a generous serving in a large kettle. My steak was good, only chewy in few places. The side dishes were excellent, as was my beer.

The price was not cheap but fairly priced. We would go back again.

• Visited November 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“American Living &Working In Brussels - My Neighborhood Restaurant”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Located in the Padawa neighborhood of the Evere Commune this is the restaurant I have eaten at most in my 4+ years in Brussels, primarily due to its 500 meter distance from my flat....LOL! GREAT restaurant which I'd definitely off the beaten path (nothing touristy about this restaurant at all) and a favorite of the locals which is ALWAYS a tell tell sign of quality. They always begin you off with a tasty demmareur (starter). Afterwards try the croquettes or the scampi diabolique (shrimp in a spicy cream sauce), both are delicious. For the entree choose ANYTHING because it is all good. Think of this place as the "Cheers" of Brussels. The locals are all nice, the waiters multi-lingual and the atmosphere quite nice. C'mon, get off the beaten path and have dinner in my neighborhood!

• Visited October 2012