“Great value for money”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vorst
London, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Being a light sleeper, rest is very important for me. Which I'd say I managed fairly in this hotel. There are the normal rubbish pick-up trucks around 7:30 a.m. (depending on which part of the street your room is), but that hour is a reasonable waking one.
Accommodation, breakfast and wi-fi make this hotel the best choice in this price range.
Location is safe; me and my girlfriend came walking from the train station around midnight and we didn't have any problems.
All in all, we didn't regret our choice.

Room Tip: If you can wake up to the sound of a fly in the room, don't choose the rooms facing Rue de Fierl...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dan R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
Reviewed 16 May 2014

In a city with plenty of expensive choices that are rather poor, you will get your money worth here. Having been about a dozen times in Brussels over the last decade for work, I have always been quite surprised what a rather poor quality even the fairly expensive hotels have.

Now I found my solution: the Hotel de Fierlant. This is probably not the best hotel, you will ever have stayed in, but it is well maintained, quiet, comfortable (I really slept great there, which is important if you travel for business), very clean, good breakfast (good choices - all I want in a breakfast and nothing I don´t) and a great staff (always helpful, always smiling) for a very reasonable price. Next time, I´ll have to go back to Brussels, I know where to go.

Several people here on tripadvisor were unhappy with the location of the hotel. Here is my take and what I saw: the hotel is not in the tourist center area and it is not in the richest part of town, but to me it looks like a very normal decent neighborhood. Nobody looked at me funny, nobody asked me for money (which you cannot say for the “better” parts of town), and I saw women go jogging in the evening by themselves. Given that I stayed here in Mid-May, with very long daylight hours, I did not walk around after dark (I did not avoid it…I just didn´t). What is true, however, is that the hotel is a good 15 minutes walk from the next Metro station (the tram is closer) and there are not many restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel. So, if your party is not very mobile (older people or several young kids…or both, for that matter), then the location of the hotel might really not be ideal for your visit to Brussels. If you are like me and have to spend your days (sitting) at the European Commission and don´t mind a half hour trip (15 minutes walk + 15 minutes metro) in the morning and evening to get from and to the hotel, I think you will find a good and very reasonably priced choice in the Hotel de Fierlant. I did.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Andreas B
La Paz, Bolivia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Almost 3 years ago I stayed at Hotel de Fierlant with my sister, and the attention was excelent since the very first time we arrived till the end. When we were leaving, the taxi was delayed and we were about to loose our train, and the people of the hotel offered to drive us to the station. Very kind of them!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in Feb 2014. The hotel itself is lovely, very clean with friendly and helpful staff. The rooms were nice with comfy beds however the windows do need re-sealing as you can hear everything outside. This is not too much of an issue as the residential area is quiet however the building works starting at 7am outside our room did become our regular early morning call! The hotel has a nice relaxing bar and offers drinks at a good price, some even cheaper than the bars in town! Breakfast is also included in the room price and is nice and fresh and plentiful.

The area directly outside the hotel is kept clean and tidy but the other residential streets are quite dirty and whilst the area may appear undesirable we never experienced any issues with the locals. That said if I was a lady travelling on my own I'm not so sure I would have felt comfortable walking to the hotel alone.

The walk from the Gare du Midi station to the hotel takes about 15 mins and a walk into town takes approx. 25/30 mins. There are 2 nice restaurants just up from the hotel (a 5 min walk), one is a bar/restaurant specialising in Belgium dishes and the other is a Greek restaurant although we did not find the food to be very Greek however it was nice.

It's not likely that we will be visiting Brussels again however if we were we would certainly stay in this hotel again!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Babybel10
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights. Excellent impressions from the moment we stepped in the door. Reception desk is manned 24 hours with friendly and helpful staff. We were given local maps and information about how to catch the transport into town given and recommended;it really made everything that much easier. The hotel is located in a quiet neighbourhood, with a supermarket DelHaize just one street away.

The room was clean every day, well spacious and very comfortable. Just the right size for a city break. The breakfast was a great selection, served from 7-10 each day.

Overall a fantastic stay and would really recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good value base to explore Belgium.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MissAHall
Naples, Campania, Italy
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It is about a 15/20 minute walk from Brussels Midi, which is not far at all really. It's located in a residential area so it's relatively quiet. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and spacious, with a fridge and tea/coffee making facilities as well as free wifi in the room. The breakfast, which is included in the price, is pretty good...a selection of hot drinks, cereal, yoghurt, bread, cheese and ham and pastries. The hotel is a little way from the center, but if you don't mind walking it's no problem. There is also a bus or a tram nearby which the staff will help you with. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank SNNS44
Malta
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The ideal hotel for a business trip, but not so much if you're a tourist.

Although it is located 10mins walk from a major railway station, it is still far away from the city centre.

I confirm that it is value for money, rooms were not modern but well-kept.

Very friendly staff ready to help, not an ideal location with some issues re neighbourhood.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JJelPisco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vorst
Pantone Hotel
Pantone Hotel
#5 of 22 in Saint-Gilles
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Center
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Ce...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Jans-Molenbeek
#1 of 8 in Schaerbeek
Made in Louise
Made in Louise
#1 of 16 in Ixelles

Been to Hotel de Fierlant? Share your experiences!