“decent hotel in a budget”
Review of Eurocap Hotel

Eurocap Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jette
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“decent hotel in a budget”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

SImple hotel, clean, basic service but with very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast can be better, as it is as well very basic and simple. I recommend to take a room in higher floors, as i have been in the main floor facing the parking lot, not so good

Room Tip: no main floor rooms!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Booked this hotel as close to Brussels travelling from Vienna on the last leg going home to the UK. We arrived at around 3 am and was in constant contact to make sure we could check-in around that time. When we arrived, there was no one at the reception desk and we had to wait for about 15 minutes until he appeared ( bearing in mind I have driven all day from Vienna with my wife and two kids). When we went to our room (roadside) the room was ok...or so we thought! we were so tired that we just wanted to change our clothes, brush our teeth and sleep. The toilet was moldy with rusted corners on the shower. When we were about to lie down (there was two double beds), my daughter noticed aq black thing on the curtain and on one of the beds. Upon closer inspection, I found out it was bed bugs!!! There was more than two on each bed and they were big! we immediately went down to reception to complain and on our way down the elevator we were with a mother and maybe a 2 year old boy about to check out (around 4 am). The receptionist was chatting with the father and it took about 10 minutes before we were attended to. We explained about the bed bugs and he came to our room to have a look at the beds and curtains infested with the parasites. On the way up, he took the stairs and my wife and I took the elevator, we noticed that someone urinated on the elevator. The level from which the urine was ejected made us think that it was the little boy earlier. We also showed this to the receptionist. He saw the parasites on the beds and curtains and we asked to be transferred to another room. The receptionist said that all the rooms were fully booked except for one but the bed in that room was broken. One of the leg of one of the beds was broken. We didn't have a choice as we were dead tired so asked to have a look and inspected the room. Thankfully there was no parasites in the room except for the problem with the broken bed. We transferred into this room just to have a few hours sleep. At around 8am, we went down to reception and spoke to a different receptionist as they have changed shifts. He said that the other receptionist told him about the situation and offered to repair the bed in our room but there was no guarantee it will be fixed that morning. We said we just wanted to check out as it was really beyond words what me and my family experienced. He apologized and said that if we wanted, we could complain to the owners who where currently in the middle east. He told us the owners where from the middle east. He encouraged us to seek compensation but we decided against doing so. In the end we transferred to Ibis hotel which was a few kilometers away. We informed booking.com about what happened and thankfully we weren't charged for that stay. I know this review is a little bit late but just found the pictures of the parasites and I thought I'd share them with you. We were supposed to stay there from August 9-11, 2012. Sorry there was no option for these dates when I did these review, they might have improved but I'm not gonna book to stay and find out.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Nirvana231976

Travellers are raving about these Jette hotels

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Very friendly staff, very clean room with kitchenette, very quite place. Few things to choose from at the breakfast but it was good. Very few hotels in Brussels offered breakfast when I made the booking.

As a downside I had an electrical panel in the room which mas making a notorious noise. I wasn't really bothered by it, but some people will probably be.

Overall I think it is a good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Catalin_Ciurea
Gent
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here 3 nights the rooms were nice and clean and to a good standard of decoration. Nice and quite with a good nights sleep. Buffet breakfast was OK cereal, bread, cheese.
Down side was its on the edge of the city with a bus ride of 20 mins and then 2 metro trains to get into the center that takes around 40 min.
Great hotel but a bad location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Langley, BC, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed here for one night after visiting Brussels. The room is good! We had a quadrupple room: two queen beds, sufficient space to get around, a nice kitchen with fridge and microwave, which was a welcome surprise after many hotels in Europe without that.
Internet was available and worked well.
Parking space was available, but the spots are very small and you have to be careful with parking in, but I'm from North America where everything about cars is big.
Reception was good and friendly.
If you're not used to driving in European cities it may be a bit hard to find. A GPS or a good map is certainly recommended.
It is on a not so busy street, which is nice.
I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank AS1166
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed at the hotel twice since it was a convenient location for where we needed to go. It is a simple but nice place, we had a renovated room that included a kitchen with microwave, fridge, range, coffeemaker etc which was really great. The staff was very helpful too since we asked to have the same room for our second stay and they changed our rooms accordingly. The breakfast was very good too and has evrything you need for a good start in the day.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Micha1610
San Juan, Philippines
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Stayed here for the 1st time and I loved it despite hearing a lot of negative feedback from the other volunteers billeted here by the NGO I work with. I arrived in March and it's an upward trek toward the hotel if you're coming from the train depot. The front desk staff are very pleasant and will give you the wifi password even before you ask for it. Nice! I was given a room in the attic and it was adorable....spacious with clean, crisp sheets and retro artwork on the walls. The breakfast buffet has adequate selection. That said, this place is far from everything...restaurants, supermarkets, bars and especially sights!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jette
Ibis Brussels Expo-Atomium
hotel prince de liege
hotel prince de liege
#3 of 6 in Anderlecht
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Center
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Ce...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Jans-Molenbeek
Hotel Phenix
Hotel Phenix
#157 of 198 in Brussels
Hotel Frederiksborg
Hotel Frederiksborg
#1 of 1 in Ganshoren

Been to Eurocap Hotel? Share your experiences!