Pegasos Royal
  • Pool
Alara Kum(Avsallar)
Hotels.com
1,614 results
All reviewsbuddha barfantastic holidaykids clubnext yearfamily holidayevery nightsea viewentertainment teamturkeythemed nightsspecial mentionmaking surecakewater slidesthe hotel managerlots of choiceice cream
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We stayed for 2 weeks ending 6th Sept, with our respective children (aged 10 and 11).
The transfer from Antalya airport was 90 minutes, a fairly straight run. Although we arrived at 1am, the manager made sure there were a selection of snacks in the dining area for our coach load.
The hotel was clean and tidy throughout, including the pool areas, and toilet areas. Very impressed with that.
Our bedroom was a double bed for the adults, and two small beds (sofas) separated from us by sliding doors. (One thing I will never understand is why the children's area was at the balcony door end and not the other way around.....it was ok for us as our children are older and wiser, but I'd be nervous if I had 2/3 yr olds)
The dining area was noisy, and busy (to be expected at a Family resort but why can't parents control their children a little more?)
There was plenty of choice for food; I'm particular about food and always found a tasty dish. Every few days the chef would make a Gordon Ramsey dish, which was always carried off to perfection, Thank You!))
The A La Carte restaurant (we only went to the Italian (Twice) ) was great, the wine served in there was far superior to the vinegar served in the main dining room (that I wouldn't even use for cooking), so we indulged a little there. The staff at the A La Carte were good fun and very polite; I wish we could have gone at least one more time.
The Pools and Slides were perfect; we counted 18 slides ranging from baby ones to very fast, steep slides that were great fun for all of us. We always found sun loungers despite a number of them being reserved before we got there.
The beach was perfect too. Plenty of loungers and a parasol as soon as you arrived. The sand was fine and the water was clear, couldn't ask for more!
I found the water sports to be expensive..45 Euros for 15 mins on a JetSki. (we did the jet skis and the banana boat after a little haggling though, brilliant fun)
The animation team did most of the evening entertainment. They were obviously professionally trained dancers and put on superb displays of dancing, we just thought that the evening entertainment should be more varied with less dancing. One night there was a magic show; we were all impressed with that!
Thomsons ran children's clubs there which my daughter attended a few times. As a veteran of kids clubs, my daughter said this one was particularly good.
All 4 of us used the spa at the hotel on a family deal: All of us use the Turkish bath with exfoliant for the adults then soapy rub down for all 4. We all then had a facial, followed by a 30 minute massage for the adults. At 80 euros total, this was great value and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it too. (There is a Turkish bath opposite the hotel - they gave me a price list that was half that of the hotel, but I never went there so can't comment). My boyfriend and I went back to the hotel spa for another couple of treatments that were equally great and relaxing.
At the end of our stay we used the showers and changing facilities at the spa to get ready to go; plenty of space there.
All in all, everyone got what they needed from this holiday, we all slept and ate well and came home thoroughly chilled. Would recommend this place to anyone travelling with children.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of a corridor so you don't get passing people traffic at night
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Pegasos R, Public Relations Manager at Pegasos Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

The comfort and value of our guests is our primary concern. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the high recommendations for future guests. We look forward to your next stay so we may welcome you back home once more

Reviewed 9 September 2011

this is the best family resort I have ever been too, well done Thomsons I can not fault anything from food to hotel to staff brilliant Thomson reps thank you to Dave our rep diva dani bonkerz bex and ready steady Eddie you made our holiday special so much energy and always a smile

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank wishywas
Pegasos R, Public Relations Manager at Pegasos Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Thank you very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor saying what a great holiday you had with your family and thanks for the recommendation.

Reviewed 9 September 2011

I was so worried that I had really messed up our family holiday after peoples comments 0n here, But hand on heart I can honestly say that as a family we were MORE THAN HAPPY with the hotel.The staff are so polite, helpful and fantastic at meal times with the children 8 years, 6years and our 15 month old baby,Forever cleaning tables making sure there were clean napkins and cutlery on tables as well as locating baby seats and helping the children carry their drinks.
Thomson entertainment staff are dedicated, hard working and fantastic with the kids and adults alike, I take my hat off to them,such a hard working team.....plus they managed to get hubby to play water polo twice !!!!!.

Food supply was constant.......Yes sometimes you did have to wait, but never for long and it was well worth it on Turkish night, the best Kebabs I have tasted in a long time. I have a extremely fussy husband and daughter yet they both managed to find something lovely to eat every night. Drinks were everywhere pool bars,lobby,plus fridges dotted around the complex with supplies of bottled water.

The kids clubs and Creche were great with a different theme every day,plus added extras film nights and parties, some at extra cost but never to expensive. well worth it to get the kids out of the heat for a couple of hours a day......wonderful fully trained staff that my girls loved being around and were even asking to go on days that we hadn`t booked them in.

We paid extra for a sea view which was worth every penny (around £40) waking up to the sound of the sea every morning was beautiful, our room was cleaned daily with fresh towels and folded down beds, A little Tip to these hard working ladies goes a long way !!!!.
Brilliant pools, slides and daytime entertainment around the Volcano pool..We never got up to put towels out before 8ish but always managed to find 4 beds....

My only criticism can only go out to Thomson holidays The flight times for a young family holiday are PANTS......and you could do with making it clear that its not really geared up for children between the ages of 14-17......

Please make sure you get in the sea its sooooo warm,don`t take towels fresh are provided for your every need,take some insect repellent !!!! and have fun...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank es30

Reviewed 9 September 2011

Firstly I would like to say to that person that is slandering the reps to u horrid person bonkers bex is great she is lovely with the kids and needs a medal for puttin up with all the horrible guests she is never miserable and diva danni and ready steady eddie r great too these three ppl are what make Ur holiday the hotel is great although could improve by having somebody guard the slides into the pools n food is fine too I would defo return to this hotel very pleased and I seen Ur comments have really upset these reps and this is not fair they do not deserve this they are great ! Rant over!!!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Zonya

Reviewed 7 September 2011

I have put quite a few reviews of places stayed on Trip Advisor and always try to be constructive. We as a family have been to quite a few resorts across the world on an all inclusive basis including at least 9 times at different locations in Turkay. Whilst pleasant, this hotel does not rank amongst the best (in Turkey) we have been to, in fact it would rank rather low compared to others:

Rooms - cannot fault them. We had adjoining rooms as there were 5 of us. Sea / Pool view, and by far the best bit of the holiday.

Beach - Was nice, and as others have said, you could always get a bed on the beach, although getting shade was another matter.

Food - Average at best. Earlier reports that they had started to serve bacon at breakfast proved to be off the mark. I respect the fact that being a muslim country that they do not have pork products, but there were reviews saying the had started to provide bacon at breakfast.
Overall the breakfast was poor, with everything that was worthwhile eating having queues (eggs, pancakes and omelettes) cold potatoes, weird frankfurter sausages. Lunch was OK in the restuarant as long as you sat down to eat. Otherwise it was the snack bars where the food was awful.
Dinner was a real struggle. Again everything being cooked "fresh" invariably warranted a queue for ages. I often felt like Oliver Twist, standing there with a plate out waiting in line to be served. At prices like these charge, queues are unacceptable, especially when my teenage son had to wait 25 minutes for kebab meat. On Turkish night almost every "specialty" dish had gone by the time we got to the restaurant (8 o'clock) and 4 out of 5 of us never eat a thing. The kids buffet was usually decimated by 8pm also.

Entertainment - agree with others that the reps were great with the kids, and probably the best I have come across. they tried hard with the adult shows, but they were appalling. The downside with the entertainment was that sometimes you felt like you were at Butlins in the sun.

Bars and Drinks - limited choice (no white or dark rum inclusive at these prices??????) had to go and buy my wifes favourite tipple from a shop as it was not included. beer was nasty, and I fail to understand why they did not have Efes beer?

Nothing to do for teenagers, my poor 16 year old was bored stiff for 2 weeks. There is absolutely nothing of interest to a 15/16/17 year old in the resort at all.

Staff - were great. cannot complain at all about the service and polite way all of the staff dealt with you.

Shopping - shops in the hotel very expensive. The village 5 minutes away had a wednesday market - but limted choice there. Was told Alanya market was the best, but did not want to drag the whole family on a dolmus in the heat just to go to a market.

The sunbed situation was unreal. people out a 6am reserving sunbeds, and most at the main pool were gone by 7.30. If you wanted shade for your kids etc, then 6.00 am was the time to get up. The hotel were supposed to remove towels laid down before 7.30 but never did it once in the 2 weeks we were there. In any event, most people stayed on the beds till 7.30 and then went back to bed. And these were all Brits, so no blaming the German or Russian guests!

To summarise - we had a good holiday, but I have had better food and greater spread of drinks at all inclusives in Turkey wihich are cheaper. Cannot fault the staff,, the rooms or the facilities.

Room Tip: Get a sea view - the other rooms overlook a motorway
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank hertfordlion
Pegasos R, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Pegasos Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing your precious opinions with us about our hotel.
We regret that your stay didn’t pass the way you imagined it.

Within the structure of TT Hotels, our main target is to assure the guest satisfaction completely.
That’s why employing qualified staff and creating the areas needed by all kinds of guests are too important action points for us.
We would like to notice you that we've taken into consideration all of your impressions you shared.
Many thanks again for sparing time by evaluating our hotel.
With the wishes of welcoming you again and providing you better vacation memories.

Kindest regards,