“Great Family Holiday”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Incekum
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Great Family Holiday”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Recently returned as a group of 4 adults, kids 15, 10, 5 and 4 year old from Pegosus Royal and we all had a great time 19th August to 1st September. 4 main pools with a separate young child pool and another pool for the larger slides + at least 2 internal pools and a large expanse of private beach.
This is a family complex, so factor in how the children enjoyed the holiday not just the adults point of view.
From what David and Henry the main Thomson reps said, the Royal is typically co occupied by Scandinavians and 160 rooms for the Brits, also occupying the complex is the Resort which is a mix of Scandinavians and Germans and the Club which was mainly Russian. There is also added to the mix Polish, Czech, Slovakian and Slovenian.
Looking at the accessible public areas the Resort and Club do look newer, lighter and roomier than the Resort and the complex is a bit in no mans land 26 km from Alanya and 100 km from Antalya.
There where some niggles but everything was sorted out extremely quickly, we had a problem with air conditioning for less than 4 hours, and a missing underside fascia board allowing rust to fall of a bridge structure into a pool was sorted within 24 hours. The staff are extremely friendly, good with children and have continuous smiles on their face and are always helpful.
I was impressed that the management team of the hotel was visible and could be seen doing daily tours of the complex and introduced themselves on the Thomson induction meeting. The rooms are a bit basic, could do with hot drink making facilities.
We mainly lounged at the pool between the Resort and the Royal, adding towels for ring side loungers was prior to 7.30am, but there were always loungers available on the 2nd or 3rd rows. We did go to the kids Volcano pool the first day but after witnessing a North European child diarrhoea in the pool and that it was treated by the pool side Thomson rep team like a mere 5 minute inconvenience we never returned.
But give them their due, the Thomson reps where always available, provided continuous entertainment throughout day and evening at the kids club and auditorium. If there wasn’t the volume of people there wouldn’t be the options of entertainment available.
Although there are times of free ice cream, there are constant side attractions for candy floss, waffles, branded lollies, sweets etc which you have to pay for and which are strategically placed around the complex.
The onsite shops are expensive and double in price what you can get in Alanya (dolmus is cheap takes about 25 mins) or across the road at the local shops. You have to realise that you are a captive customer base unless you get off you backsides and explore the surroundings, so take plenty of sun cream with you unless you want to pay double.
We only did the Pirate Boat trip as an organised trip which we enjoyed, and hired a 8 seater vehicle for 3 days, if you have the balls, go to Pamukkale, what a fantastic place.
The food was varied daily for all 3 main meals, but admittedly some produce could have been kept hotter, as well as having the opportunity to go to one of the themed restaurants per week, they also introduce theme nights to the evening meals.
Rooms where cleaned daily, but get a sea view.
Yes, there was a lot of people and evening meals was initially chaotic but once you got accustomed that the Brits as a minority walk to the left and everyone else walks to the right so head on face offs will happen, that children are excited and are more aware of the ice cream in their hands than someone approaching with 2 hot cups of coffee, then it does work, the onus is on the adult.
This is the first hotel after over 10 years of Mediterranean holidaying where we have said, yes we would return. So it is a recommendation for the Pegusos Royal to people reading this. The holiday is what you make of it as a family not what other people are doing and what other countries people are from.

Room Tip: Get a sea view room
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Pegasos R, Public Relations Manager at Pegasos Royal, responded to this review, 18 August 2016
The comfort and value of our guests is our primary concern. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the high recommendations for future guests. We look forward to your next stay so we may welcome you back home once more
Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We stayed at the Royal during the first week in September and travelled with 4 children aged 10yrs, 10yrs, 10yrs and 9yrs. Having read some earlier reviews we were understandably concerned about the quality of food but those concerns turned out to be completely unfounded. Fantastic selection of food but if you are a British tourist expecting a full english breakfast then stay at home and go to a B & B - IF you do you will miss out on good quality food but if you go with the attitude of 'I will try and see what it's like ' then you will not go far wrong and you certainly will not go hungry. I am fussy at the best of times as are the kids and food was never an issue for us. I cannot speak highly enough about the hotel, the pools, the slides, the beach, the cleanliness, - all fantastic and the hotel management are doing a fantastic job. Rooms were spacious and clean - we did not pay for a sea view but in all honesty we were not in the rooms long enough to appreciate it anyway so it would have been a waste of money for us - if you do get one you will be rewarded with fantastic views. There is a busy road that runs at the back of the hotel but when you are in the the hotel or pools you dont notice it and it was never a problem for us whilst in the room. We met some fantastic people while we were there and a special thanks must go to Ugur and Deniz (Denise) who you will find on reception and are professional and very helpful. Cemal who you will fnd in the gift shop within the hotel - a lovely man and also Gurbuz who runs a local turkish bar (Es cafe bar) across the road from the hotel - worth a look for some real Turkish hospitality - all of these individuals were fantastic with the children and made our holiday extra special - we are so pleased we met them. Our only disappointment is that we only went for 1 week and should have gone for 2 - no one wanted to come home. Top tip - take Euros - everything at the hotel and the market in Anvasallar (walking distance) is in Euros. We would all go back to the Royal tomorrow and look forward to having a fun filled family holiday all over again!!! Hope to see you soon: Neil, Shelley, Kate ,Anna, Josh and Sophie

2 Thank Shell8517
Pegasos R, Public Relations Manager at Pegasos Royal, responded to this review, 20 September 2016
Thank you very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor saying what a great holiday you had with your family and thanks for the recommendation.
London
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We arrived on August 26th, 2 adults, 2 children (9 & 16) and were greeted with a cool water and lovely reception staff which straight away contradicted some reviews I had read. We then arrived in a carpetted room with lots of hanging space for clothes and a great layout.

I didn't book until early August and got a sea view room for all of us, meals and seating on the plane for just over £3k so was surprised when some others told of paying £4k/£4.5k for a similar trip. I would assume this must have lead to some of the negative posts that were on this site in early August - which in all honesty frightended me to the point of considering trying to cancel!...But I am so glad i didnt!!!

The hotel staff couldnt do enough and were lovely with the children. As an example I asked for lime juice with a beer which was met with some confusion however a manager explained that they didnt have bottled juice but was happy to source me a lime and freshly squeeze for me to my measurment choice - never ever seen that before!!

With regards to the entertainment staff, ready steady Eddie, diva Dani and bonkers Bex - they were fantastic and put 110% in for a good 12hrs everyday. Eddie in particular showed so much energy he made me tired watching him and I made a point of thanking him personally at 1130pm on my last night after Bingo, bearing in mind he was jumping about doing a water aerobics session at 11am and finished with a 2.5hr stage show before hosting bingo I was surprised he was still able to stand up!!

I have looked at prices already for next year and much as it was a great 2 weeks for the money I payed, it is 50% more if I booked now for 2012 and at those prices I might look elsewhere.

Must say in conclusion a huge thank you to all the staff at the Pegasos Royal and the entertainment team.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
ZIDBHX
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We stayed for 2 weeks ending 6th Sept, with our respective children (aged 10 and 11).
The transfer from Antalya airport was 90 minutes, a fairly straight run. Although we arrived at 1am, the manager made sure there were a selection of snacks in the dining area for our coach load.
The hotel was clean and tidy throughout, including the pool areas, and toilet areas. Very impressed with that.
Our bedroom was a double bed for the adults, and two small beds (sofas) separated from us by sliding doors. (One thing I will never understand is why the children's area was at the balcony door end and not the other way around.....it was ok for us as our children are older and wiser, but I'd be nervous if I had 2/3 yr olds)
The dining area was noisy, and busy (to be expected at a Family resort but why can't parents control their children a little more?)
There was plenty of choice for food; I'm particular about food and always found a tasty dish. Every few days the chef would make a Gordon Ramsey dish, which was always carried off to perfection, Thank You!))
The A La Carte restaurant (we only went to the Italian (Twice) ) was great, the wine served in there was far superior to the vinegar served in the main dining room (that I wouldn't even use for cooking), so we indulged a little there. The staff at the A La Carte were good fun and very polite; I wish we could have gone at least one more time.
The Pools and Slides were perfect; we counted 18 slides ranging from baby ones to very fast, steep slides that were great fun for all of us. We always found sun loungers despite a number of them being reserved before we got there.
The beach was perfect too. Plenty of loungers and a parasol as soon as you arrived. The sand was fine and the water was clear, couldn't ask for more!
I found the water sports to be expensive..45 Euros for 15 mins on a JetSki. (we did the jet skis and the banana boat after a little haggling though, brilliant fun)
The animation team did most of the evening entertainment. They were obviously professionally trained dancers and put on superb displays of dancing, we just thought that the evening entertainment should be more varied with less dancing. One night there was a magic show; we were all impressed with that!
Thomsons ran children's clubs there which my daughter attended a few times. As a veteran of kids clubs, my daughter said this one was particularly good.
All 4 of us used the spa at the hotel on a family deal: All of us use the Turkish bath with exfoliant for the adults then soapy rub down for all 4. We all then had a facial, followed by a 30 minute massage for the adults. At 80 euros total, this was great value and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it too. (There is a Turkish bath opposite the hotel - they gave me a price list that was half that of the hotel, but I never went there so can't comment). My boyfriend and I went back to the hotel spa for another couple of treatments that were equally great and relaxing.
At the end of our stay we used the showers and changing facilities at the spa to get ready to go; plenty of space there.
All in all, everyone got what they needed from this holiday, we all slept and ate well and came home thoroughly chilled. Would recommend this place to anyone travelling with children.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of a corridor so you don't get passing people traffic at night
Reviewed 9 September 2011

this is the best family resort I have ever been too, well done Thomsons I can not fault anything from food to hotel to staff brilliant Thomson reps thank you to Dave our rep diva dani bonkerz bex and ready steady Eddie you made our holiday special so much energy and always a smile

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank wishywas
plymouth devon
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I was so worried that I had really messed up our family holiday after peoples comments 0n here, But hand on heart I can honestly say that as a family we were MORE THAN HAPPY with the hotel.The staff are so polite, helpful and fantastic at meal times with the children 8 years, 6years and our 15 month old baby,Forever cleaning tables making sure there were clean napkins and cutlery on tables as well as locating baby seats and helping the children carry their drinks.
Thomson entertainment staff are dedicated, hard working and fantastic with the kids and adults alike, I take my hat off to them,such a hard working team.....plus they managed to get hubby to play water polo twice !!!!!.

Food supply was constant.......Yes sometimes you did have to wait, but never for long and it was well worth it on Turkish night, the best Kebabs I have tasted in a long time. I have a extremely fussy husband and daughter yet they both managed to find something lovely to eat every night. Drinks were everywhere pool bars,lobby,plus fridges dotted around the complex with supplies of bottled water.

The kids clubs and Creche were great with a different theme every day,plus added extras film nights and parties, some at extra cost but never to expensive. well worth it to get the kids out of the heat for a couple of hours a day......wonderful fully trained staff that my girls loved being around and were even asking to go on days that we hadn`t booked them in.

We paid extra for a sea view which was worth every penny (around £40) waking up to the sound of the sea every morning was beautiful, our room was cleaned daily with fresh towels and folded down beds, A little Tip to these hard working ladies goes a long way !!!!.
Brilliant pools, slides and daytime entertainment around the Volcano pool..We never got up to put towels out before 8ish but always managed to find 4 beds....

My only criticism can only go out to Thomson holidays The flight times for a young family holiday are PANTS......and you could do with making it clear that its not really geared up for children between the ages of 14-17......

Please make sure you get in the sea its sooooo warm,don`t take towels fresh are provided for your every need,take some insect repellent !!!! and have fun...

5 Thank es30
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Firstly I would like to say to that person that is slandering the reps to u horrid person bonkers bex is great she is lovely with the kids and needs a medal for puttin up with all the horrible guests she is never miserable and diva danni and ready steady eddie r great too these three ppl are what make Ur holiday the hotel is great although could improve by having somebody guard the slides into the pools n food is fine too I would defo return to this hotel very pleased and I seen Ur comments have really upset these reps and this is not fair they do not deserve this they are great ! Rant over!!!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Zonya
Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Incekum
Pegasos Club
#4 of 27 in Avsallar
Pegasos Resort
Pegasos Resort
#2 of 27 in Avsallar

Been to Pegasos Royal? Share your experiences!