“Nice hotel!”

Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Okurcalar
Travnik, BiH
“Nice hotel!”
Reviewed 20 February 2010

Nice hotel anad friendly staff. Excellent location near Alara river.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Kenan71

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
usa
Reviewed 2 October 2009

When I arrived the reception manager was very rude. we asked to change rooms(too much street traffic and no view) and he responded very rudely by saying we dont change rooms and also claimed the room was fully booked eventhough it was half empty.

Also, I got very sick from low quality/spoiled food. We had to call every day and several times to have new towels and soap.

on our last day, the same manager called us at 12:15 am and told us we must chech out immediatly or he will charge us for an additional day. we told us that we bought a package deal and we will be picked up at 11:45 pm. he said thats your problem. check out now or we will remove you from the room.... they claim to be a 5 star hotel

in addition the hotel is 1:30 hrs from the airport and there is no attraction near by. just a small bazar 10 min by bus from the hotel
In short the worst vacation I ever had.

If you want a pleasant vacation stay away from this hotel

David Asher, Israel

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
7 Thank davidasher

Travellers are raving about these Okurcalar hotels

Sarajevo
Reviewed 14 August 2009

SImply a perfect hotel for rest. Friendly staff , cleanliness of hotel is the extremely high level. People are smiling and warm while working from morning to night. Food and drink in abudance, all Turkish alcoholic beverages, all sparkling beverages, a variety of still beverages, espresso, cappucino, teas are included in the bid including all. You don`t need to spend even more euros. Hotel is prefect for people with children under 12 years because it has a fantastic full day and evening program adapted for children. In addition, animation program has been adapted for young and adluts, every night is available to clubs, which starts at 23:30pm and once a week to go by bus organized into a larger disco, which is 20 km away. Every day at the pool animators organize games, dances and various types of sport ( Water polo, beac volleyball, shooting from air rifles, darts, gymnastic on the grass, aqua gym, aerobics), entertainment is guaranteed. The beach is located 15m from the pool, and divided them snack bar for the whole day has a huge offer of food and drink. Everything is close, the baech is sandy, the sea is crystal clear.
Rooms are comfortable and clean, almost every room has a sea view.The hotel has two outdoor pools, including one for children and one in the inner part of spa centar, gym and Turkish baths.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Irena_81
Budapest
Reviewed 8 August 2009

I highly recommend this excellent hotel, I could enjoy every moment of my stay, the staff is friendly and helpful, the food was brilliant, the garden is lovely and the sea is in the back garden. I wish I could stay for a longer period.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Animini
Portsmouth
Reviewed 1 July 2009

I have just come back from a two week all inclusive holiday at the Stella Beach Hotel with my wife and 4 year old daughter.

May I just say that if you are looking for and English holiday package this hotel is not for you even if you go through Thomas Cook. German, Russians, and other eastern cultures use this hotel. This did not phase use as we are well travelled and sometimes it’s just nice to get away.

The Hotel itself looks a bit dull from the outside frontage but don’t judge a book. Upon entering the hotel you are greeted buy a huge hall which is quite impressive to look at. The room that we were allocated was near the front of the hotel but we did have a sea view of sorts. The room itself was large with a large double and a bunk bed AC unit, fridge and a TV. The TV itself did not have any English speaking channels but Euro News did keep us up to date with current affairs English sub titles provided.
The tiled bathroom had a bath and power shower toilet and sink. We did not have any issues with the water and hot water was readily available. The rooms were cleaned on a daily basis bottle water and fresh towels supplied every day

Food was very good from my point of view. Breakfast consisted of various pastries, breads and continental dishes. Fresh eggs, boiled and fried were readily available with some cold meats and sausages, hotdog style though. You also had a selection of cheeses and salads. Lunch and Dinner, you were very spoilt for choice. We counted everyday a selection of hot and cold food ranging from fresh salad of over 30 dishes, fresh grilled fish, Lamb dishes, Chicken dishes, Beef dishes, Rice dishes, types of couscous, fresh cooked vegetables, grilled vegetables. Outside grill bars also had burgers, chips, Kebabs and other Turkish delights. You also had an afters counter with various cakes, pastries, fresh fruit and desserts. Ice creams were only served with Dinner mainly because of the unruly foreign kids. Lets put it this way we could of easily stuffed ourselves. All meals we had a selection of soft drinks, fresh juices water and teas. Plates were cleared from the tables as soon as you finished the staff were very friendly. Remember your please and thank you.!!!

Alcoholic drinks were served from 10.30 till Midnight. These were from a pool bar, inside bar or the patisserie bar. When the staff knew we were English we were quid’s in. Please and thank you remember.

The hotel has 2 pools. A kiddie’s pool 40cm deep and a bathing pool 140cm at its deepest. They are cleaned every night. The larger of the pools have 3 water slides which were turned on various times of the day which I found strange 10.30 till 12.00, 14.00 till 16.00. Poolside beds are a bit hit and miss really get up early enough and you can get one. This was about 6.30 for me but you could retire back to your bed safe in the knowledge that you have one.

The Beach is mainly a stony shoreline and the beds situation is the same as the pool.

Warning. The sea has a bit of an unforgiving nature as the shore slopes of really quickly. 2 Metres out and your out of your depth. It also has a bit of an undertow.

Entertainment came in the form of the Animation team, which is mainly made up from Turkish, Russian and German staff. Most could speak English. Some names that I can remember were Alex, Sabrina, and Mahmud. Entertainment came in the form of poolside antics, morning pool aerobics, water polo, darts, volleyball, step aerobics and many more only thing was these were done the same time every day. Kiddies club was held everyday which they did various things however our little one missed out as they only catered for non English kids.

Night time entertainment varied from Slapstick European comedy, Bingo, Mr and Mrs Stella Beach, Kiddies disco but after a time got very groundhog day so we retired to the patisserie bar back onto the veranda.

The hotel is situated on a busy road about 50 kilometres from Alanya which is the main town. A bus service will pick you up from just outside the hotel and take you into the heart of this town for about 4 Tl or 2 Euros. Like most Towns of coastal Turkey they become alive at night. May I just say do not visit Coroes restaurant as suggested buy Thomas Cook Rep as it is a rip off. The best place to go in my mind is the Queens Garden in the heart of the town or Big Bens English Bar. The last bus back runs at 23.00 and later on the weekends. Taxi are quite expensive so if you miss the last bus expect to pay about 50, 60 Tl (£20) ish. Haggle if you can.

There is also a Grand Bizarre which is about 2 miles from the hotel which has a free bus service which runs on the hour. An ATM machine is 1.5 miles away from the hotel all to the right. The local bus will drop you off at these places for 2TL to 3TL.

Overall We enjoyed our Holiday and stay at the Stella Beach. Would I go back?...

Yes I would but for only a week to 10 days. 2 weeks was too long.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
8 Thank rustyukPortsmouth
Humenné
Reviewed 14 April 2009

I already saw many sunny places in Europe and in Afcica coast too, but I never forget for Turkey. Staff was very pleasant, rooms realy clean and food was cool as well /otherwise_that trip was all inclusive inc. alc. drinks, but I never had any stomac problems from food or headakes from local alc. drinks/. Simply it was nice holiday for that value. I recommendet that hotel_superb.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Pavol_Slovakia
Glasgow
Reviewed 11 August 2008

Returned from two weeks at the Stella Beach hotel on 9th July.
My advice is do not go to this hotel. It has taken me more than a month to write this review as I wanted to erase the holiday from my memory. It was the worst holiday I have ever been on. From the day we arrived I was scared that one of me two sons (aged 13 and 17) would go through the glass banister on the landing. We were on the fourth floor of five. My husband a blacksmith checked the banister and found it shaky and unsafe. I am horrified to see a pane of glass fell from this floor just prior to us arriving. The day after we arrived we all took upset stomachs resulting in my 13 year being hospitalized for the rest of the first week of the holiday with an infected gall bladder. I had to travel on two buses daily to the hospital and back to visit, not pleasant in 44 to 49 degrees
The entertainment is terrible and for English speaking people is almost non existent. If you enjoy loud, loud repetitive music you may enjoy the entertainment. There is nothing for teenagers apart from one pool table which incurs an additional charge.
All hotels near by are also Fully Inclusive so you cant even go to another hotel for better entertainment. Unless you want to travel you are stuck at night at the hotel.
Booking a sun lounger and umbrella is almost impossible unless you want to stay up after the entertainment finishes at 11pm and booking a lounger when everyone goes to bed.
The food is dreadful, mostly aimed at the Russian holidaymakers who are the main users of the hotel. If you are not in the restaurant early the food is also cold. Breakfast is not worth getting up for. Ice cream is only given out at dinner time. AI local beverages include: Vodka, Gin, Raki, Whiskey, Lager and Wine. Anything else incurs an extra charge. The 24 hour lobby bar shuts at 12pm.
If you are allocated a room at the side / back of the hotel your views are of the bins which smell.
I have been to 3 star AI hotels which are far superior to this hotel.
On a positive side the staff, are very nice and helpful. The indoors bar staff could do no more to make your stay worthwhile.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)