“For sure not 5 stars” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Okurcalar
Rzeszow, Poland
“For sure not 5 stars”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

We spent two weeks in hotel-07-21.08.2013. Localisation -good. Air conditioning invalid in restaurant, hotels corridors, occasionaly also in room. Bed smell in the bathroom, brown liquid leaking from beneath of bathtub each time after shower. Insufficient staff in main restaurant.There was unpleasent surprise In time of checking out-at the reception desk we were charged for the service we have never made use of (Nargila that we have never use). As a proof staff showed me a kind of receip with room number but with no any my signature. I think it's very dangerous praktice collecting bills with no signatures. Fore sure hotel doesent deserve 5 stars. I would never recomend it to my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Rafal S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Poznań
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

the hotel itself is superb. Spacious, well-kept, clean. The hotel is situated in the very picturesque area. As You can see on google maps its located in a bay. As the weather was (unbearable for me - too hot - 10-17.08) merciless, the staff of the hotel take good care of the plants, watering them heavily during the day. The pool is big although its only 1,5m deep which was dissapointment for me. The beach is big but its all arranged in a way to use every inch of it. Thus it lacks in free space that i needed to rest. Loungers were packed in order to let people sunbathe and do nothing but that. I didnt like the beach at all. It was very stony as well. Sea was really warm though. And again lots of people in small space, in water. Food was very good. Im sure i wouldn't like it that much if i stayed another week as restaurant's cooking was fat. However we stayed in Crete last year and im sure food was way better in Turkey mainly because of their kebaps, grilled veal and chickens that they are famous for :)). The room was ok but i prefer fitted carpet than tiles mixed with floorboarding but its a matter of taste. Bathroom was bright and clean. Airconditioning was too weak. We used to leave one doorkey in our cardreader letting electricity -->> airconditioning running non-stop. Only then the temperature was ok. Animation team high-class. The shows that they run every other day in evenings were absolutely great. My girlfriend liked the guys muscular and slim bodies. Girls goodlooking and smiled all the time. You can watch some of them on youtube, typing "arycanda show".
Now, the dark side of the hotel. I wouldnt say its a 5star hotel, mainly because of the staff. I would say the hotel is Germans/Russians oriented. THEY DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH !!! Its disqualifying the hotel from being a 5star. For guests who don't speak either russian or german the language barrier makes a feeling that the staff are unfriendly. They are afraid of guests who speak english. That's probably the reason. Only one receptionist spoke with us in english and i had a feeling he was the only one. The staff in the restaurant were nice only to russians and germans as they granted them with tips. I find it disguisting that selected guests are treated better than others because they tip the staff. I think it should be prohibited in the hotel that aspirates to be luxurious for the staff to accept tips. That makes the staff force tips from others by neglecting them. Once I ordered Coke and got it only because I remembered him about that after 10mins. Once I was "under service" one young waiter who grinned at russians but forgot to ask us if we wanted anything to drink. After i asked him for a glass of wine ( it took long for him to understand what i want from him) he poured me one from two bottles :( Waiters not even once asked us if we wanted anything to drink, on their own initiative. We had to ask for drinks at the bar. There was no possibility to order drinks in the lobby otherwise than at the bar. Poor.
Overall last summer (2012) we visited Aquila Rithymna Beach Hotel in Greece and it left much better impression than Arycanda. I'm sure the Arycanda hotel's management has much work to be done if they want Poles to visit them in greater number. If things stay like they are in future i would not advise that hotel. After You have paid SO much money for the holiday You expect the highest possible service that understands English. I find unacceptable paying for the same service twice and accepting tips by the staff is nothing else but that. I can't accept that.

Room Tip: take a sea-view room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Marcin K
Kosice
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Just returned back from vacation in Arycanda De Luxe. Quite strange staff in the hotel. First we were repeatily notified that tips are more than welcomed. The first day a tip was given to the cleaning maid. She took it, and subsequently went to the reception where she claimed being sexually harrassed. I assume because we were dressed in swimming dresses? (similarly to all other guests who were heading to the pool?), or, maybe the tip was not big enough for her? You would think 1 $ for a day for a room is not that bad.

The reception locked our room and the Hotel Manager called us for a "blind date" meeting at 13:00, without notifying us what is the topic of the meeting. I called our Travel Agency representative to help us understand what is going on. The Travel Agency rep called the reception, and seems the Hotel staff / Hotel Manager was not excited that we involved our Travel Agency rep in this matter, so he left the hotel giving the reception instruction to kick us out from the hotel.

When our Travel Agency rep arrived at around 15:00, the Reception Manager just told him what the Hotel Manager said. After long negociation (none of the Reception Managers had courage to call the Hotel Manager...) the agreement was made we will be moved to another hotel, "for our own security, because the family of the claiming cleaning maid is impredictable...".

We also rearned, the Hotel Manager is in some family relation with the cleaning maid.... Also, all of them were starving due to religious issues...... Almost no one from the staff had a smile on their faces, everyone looked like just being disciplined....

The hotel and surrounding area was generally OK, but the staff there is just STRANGE!

Room Tip: AC units are good - silent, problem is only with disco outside from the see side.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Kosice2013
Poznan, Wielkopolskie, Poland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

To whom it may concern.
Dear Hotel Management,
We’ve just got back from our vacation in You Arycanda Hotel. At the departure we got form to fill up regarding review of hotel quality with place to write what was wrong, unfortunately there were not enough space to write everything.
Arycanda is supposed to be 5* hotel, deluxe one but in my and my wife’s opinion it’s definitely not, a lot of things are to be improved or missing.
Our stay started with placing us in a wrong type of room (1543). Instead of getting standard room we got half of family room, with door to the other half (which was also occupied). First sound heard in new room, beginning of our honeymoon trip was other people making love next door and TV “screaming” because we could hear everything through that door separating rooms. Apart from that smell in the room was hard to bear and it was incredibly hot – air conditioning on the 5th wasn’t strong enough. We went to the reception to do something about it but we was told that at about 17:00 there’s no one (manager or somebody else) that could move us to better room. It’s a disaster that in 5* hotel management is missing in such situation. We had to call travel agency, pay a lot for the call and ask them for help. We had to wait to the next day 13:00 to be able to move to another room, and we had to fight for it! Manager was rude and couldn’t speak English or was speaking poorly. On 7day trip we wasted first day on fighting for what we should get from the start.
Next thing is towels – no information anywhere about where to get swimming towels. I asked 2 people by the pool – no one could understand, info-point told me where to look, wasted half an hour. And than another bad surprise – towels can be replaced every second day so if me or somebody e.g. spilled a drink on my towel I’d have to wash it myself? We were swimming in the sea, towels were full of salt and we couldn’t change them at the end of the day. Also information that we can take towels between 8-11.30 is almost unnoticeable, at the 4th day we came back from the trip at 16:00 and we couldn’t get a towel – it’s unacceptable in 5* hotel.
Service by the pool is very poor, cups everywhere, beds reserved for the whole day, people looking for a place to seat and wasn’t able to because others reserved places both by the sea and by the pool.
Almost no information where each bar is located, no direction signs.
Restaurant service is a bad joke. Everyday view – people looking for cutlery (forks, knifes), no napkins. Tables dirty, slowly cleaned. Each and every day I found badly washed dishes – dirty plates, glasses. Restaurant manager gave me a beer that was made from pouring 3 other beers into one glass, glass was wet from spilled beer - nightmare.
Food was generally very good with exceptions like: badly cleaned shrimps (poisonous intestates not removed), fries, fishes etc fried in burned/old oil so dishes tasted badly, over fried.
Bartenders generally nice with one exception at the lobby. There’s working very young lady who wasn’t probably thought how to behave in 5* hotel. In the event of some stupid idea/game or something she spilled a drink on me and instead of apologizing she laughed. After that still laughing she wanted to clean my shirt “by force” although I told her not to. After changing my clothes I asked with my wife lobby personnel to help us talk to her because she couldn’t speak English, instead of helping us he tried to protect her, he wouldn’t give us her name all call her manager. It’s unacceptable that in 5* hotel when somebody insults You like that You cannot call the manager or write down employees name to make complaint later. We felt powerless, helpless.
In general the worst thing is that while hotel is international, people from many different countries comes there only German people are being treated fairly well (and Russians). Polish people can’t do anything because no one understand polish or English. Service at the restaurants and bars was asking where we are from, after telling them often no one came back with order or sth, even thou me and my wife speak very good English. It’s frustrating.
It’s a shame that there are so many little and larger bad things. Hotel is nicely placed, with pretty garden, nice big beach, but because of so many bad memories we’ll never go back there and we’ll advise everybody on holidaycheck, tripadvisor and in travel agency not to go there if they’re expecting 5* hotel. If it was 4* - that’s ok, when Your choosing worse quality You should expect some problems but when You’re paying for deluxe 5* things that I wrote about shouldn’t have happened. We were in a lot better 5* hotel (cheaper), we even had wedding in 4* that was far better than this.
If you’re interested I’d be happy to write more details, for now I think it’s enough.

With regards,
Patryk Nawrocki room 1043 (first room 1524).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
19 Thank Patryk N
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

I have just returned from a weeks holiday in Arycanda hotel.I took my mum and daughter with me and we had a brilliant time.
Even though the hotel is quite far from the city, it did not stop us from jumping on the bus (just up the road) and go to Alanya. (takes about 40 min and costs 2.50 eiro per person). About half way to Alanya (in Turkler) there is a seapark and they have a great dolphin show (50 turkish lira). Well worth seeing it.
Hotel itself is beautiful, very clean. Staff helpful and very friendly.
Food - I guess quite similar to other all inclusive.
Poolside - very clean and spacious.Short walk through a beautiful garden leads to the sea where you find loads more sunbeds (we had no shortage of them by the pool though). Once a week (I believe) they have a beach party which was fun.
Animation team was great and the evening shows were pleasure to watch.
Couple of downsides -- no internet in the rooms. Had to use the lobby downstairs.you Also to use the safe it would cost you extra 2 euros/day.
I would certainly like to return!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Traveltoday_12
Beroun, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

Just returned (mid Sept. 2012) from a 1 week stay. The 5 star rating is way too high, the hotel deserves probably 4 stars max. The clientele is German and Russian with a few East Europeans added in so if you speak Russian or German, you may be able to communicate and even strike a conversation. We found that English was spoken very little, just slightly understood by the somewhat unpleasant reception staff and understood very little by cooks and waiters.
The rooms are clean and cleaned daily, but seem to be of a vast difference in size and orientation. I was prepared to pay extra for a sea view, but we weren't offered any option. As in many other hotels, the electricity works only when inserting a key card in the appropriate slot. Which means no A/C when you are not in the room. Also there is an interlock on the balcony door so again no A/C if you open the door just a crack to get some fresh air.
The hotel pool is nice, spacious and has enough sunbeds. Still, to get a good spot, claim your loungers before breakfast by covering them with towels. The beach is a short walk away, again with enough sunbeds. On the days when the sea is a little rough it may be a bit of a problem for older folks to get in and out of the water.
The animation program was poor. Considering that there is nothing else to do or to go around the hotel the guests really deserve something more inventive.
We had an All Inclusive deal, which I normally hate, but there was no other option. The meals seemed to try to overwhelm by quantity, variety of salads and deserts, mostly tasting very similar and differing only in small details. As for main meals, there is no pork of course, so forget ham or bacon for breakfast. The veal, beef and lamb was mainly in the form of stew type meals. Fish - basically one kind, was OK when grilled, twice in the week. The juices are undrinkable - taste very powdery and chemical. One could buy freshly squeezed orange juice for 2 euro, but it was warm. Coffee from the automatic machines was plentiful, but with that instant-like flavour. Definitely not a 5 star stuff. The alcoholic drinks were quite pathetic except for good beer and OK wine. Turkish whiskey was undrinkable and the "special" cocktails were super sweet. I settled on vodka on ice with lemon. Watch out when you ask for something "on ice", invariably you get it without ice, because the barman thinks you said "ohne ice" in German, meaning, of course - without ice.
Within the AI deal one has an opportunity of 1 dinner in one of four restaurants with a la carte served meals. We made a mistake by choosing Asian. The meals reminded us of the stuff left over from the buffet tables, just served on square plates with Chinese motifs and with chopsticks added at the table for authenticity. When the ordered Szechuan meal lacked any spiciness, I asked for some hot sauce and eventually I was brought a steaming hot bowl of a water/oil/lemon liquid. Again the English language, with which one can normally communicate in most places on the globe, failed at Turkish Riviera.
All in all, as always, you get what you pay for and since we were able to get a substantial holiday package discount, I am not really complaining. Just feel sorry for the folks who paid the full price. I don't think I will be returning.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank charrid
Puchov, Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

we spent a great holiday in arycanda hotel in May 2012 and really loved it. Hotel is modern, situated right on the beach. There is also a big pool and beautiful garden on the way to the beach. Everything is allways kept very clean and tidy. Room are spacious, well equipped (TV,safe,haidryer, phones,mini-bar filled every day...), nicely furnished and cleaned of course daily. Hotel amenities to be mentioned: fitness, spa-centre, hairdresser, indoor pool, several shops,disco, tennis court etc. There was as many various meals as you can imagine at any meal time althouhg the hotel capacity was quite full already at the time of our stay. Food was something absolutely fantastic, kitchen staff deserve an award! Drinks were all free within All Inclusive at any of the bar at any time :-) But generally all the staff was very friendly and kind. The only language we could speak is english and we definitely had no problem with comunication even though it´s true that most of the guest are either russian or german (by the way I couldn´t see any problem in that). Animation program is also lovely - during the day and especially night shows are so amazing!My big compliments to animation team job. Don´t be surprised by meeting also a hotel manager wherever in the complex as he´s personally taking care of daily operation of the hotel and guests satisfaction. Okurcalar is rather a small town, but there is a "Grand Bazar" with hundreds of shops in the walking distance of the hotel and if you desire for even more shopping or sightseeing , Alanya or Side are not so distant. Our holiday at this place was truly enjoyable and relaxing with just a positive experience and lovely feelings :-)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family