“Nice people shame about the place”
Review of Redwood Lodge B&B

Redwood Lodge B&B
Ranked #3 of 12 Westbury B&B and Inns
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Nice people shame about the place”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I located Redwood on my smartphone and booked one night. I was on a 3 day get away from the noisy town I live in. When I arrived I was met by the couple who run the place, very nice down to earth people. Sadly the room I booked was facing the main road, the only room left, I checked in but had to leave within an hour, as I couldn't take the traffic noise outside. I believe the other rooms are not so affected by the traffic. I would suggest that noise reduction double glazing be added to this room, with a secondary inner glazing, this for an initial cost, would help make this room bearable.

Room Tip: Don't book rooms facing the main road.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank SaintMarysSaint

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Slovak first
Plymouth
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed at Redwood lodge for 1 night after visiting Longleat Safari park. After a very long day with the 2 children, we arrived at the B&B and was pleasantly surprised by the lovely welcome we received. Our room was plenty big enough for our family of 4, with an en suite bathroom, towels and toiletries and tea and coffee making facilities. There was also a small fridge in our room which was very handy for keeping my toddlers milk in. The room was spotless, and decorated with a very homely and relaxing feel. Our breakfast in the morning was one of the best, with plenty to choose from and a perfectly cooked breakfast! Thank you for making our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a weekend with the main purpose to go to Longleat Safari Park! We were pleasantly surprised by the B&B as we were expecting something very basic and budget for the price we had paid. However, the room was fantastic, with a lovely ensuite, full tea and coffee facilities, biscuits, towels, free wifi, and free toiletries (little soaps and shampoos and body lotion). It was very clean and spacious and colourful, with excellent boutique decorations and lovely little touches that gave it a homely, personalised feel. The breakfast was amazing, big enough to last you all day, and the owners were more than happy to help out in any way possible. We felt right at home. A 15 minute drive to Longleat Safari Park meant it was also in the perfect location. The gazebo in the back garden was lovely in the evenings, and we enjoyed a takeaway overlooking the view. The white horse is close enough to see from the B&B.
Our only issue was that, on the Friday evening, having returned late after spending the evening with friends in Salisbury, the car park was completely full and we had to park outside on the road. This would have been less of an issue if we hadn't had two bikes on a bike rack on the back of our car which we were worried might get stolen. Luckily they didn't, and for the rest of the weekend there was plenty of room in the car park.
Would highly recommend this place to anyone! Thanks very much.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the views overlooking the white horse, or one of the back rooms that open out...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I stayed here before my AOSB Briefing. Sandy, the owner, was very friendly and welcoming with an excellent dinner prepared for when I arrived. She had a collection of cards from people who'd stayed before their AOSB, which was really useful. The room was lovely and I got a great nights sleep! Breakfast was lovely and Sandy organised a taxi for us to get there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Cottrill93
London
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Some friends and I were playing cricket near westbury and needed somewhere we would be able to sleep for the night, have a great breakfast and be able to help with getting around Wiltshire to trains and cricket pitches. The team at redwood could not have been more accommodating from the moment we booked, helping us with directions, giving us a brilliant family room and feeding us to the brim, killing any chance of a hangover! Great value room and breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
england
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Stayed when we visited our family. Warm welcome awaited and a comfy room to sleep in. Was shown the view of the white horse from another room, splendid views. Breakfast was really good and plentiful. Enjoyed our stay as the hosts are friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Poole
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We stayed in April 2013 and had a lovely room with great view and patio facilites. The room was lovely and clean and cannot fault in any way.
The breakfast was excellent and highly recommend to anybody wishing to stay.
Lovely hosts in every way.

Thank you Sandy and Dave.

All the best,

Dave Rawlings.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Chalford House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Edington
Slades Farm Leisure
Slades Farm Leisure
#2 of 2 in Edington

Been to Redwood Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!