“More than good”

Ranked #3 of 12 Westbury B&B and Inns
Preston, United Kingdom
“More than good”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Been told by a family member about the Redwood Lodge about how good it was.Well it was a beautiful place to stay.The rooms were very boutique in the layout and spotless.The dining area was lovely and the best breakfast you could have wished for.The views into the rear garden very nice also.Best of all the price could not believe that brekky was included .A little jewel this place and when I visit my family again I will look no further than here.Lastly what lovely hosts nothing to much trouble for them all in all top notch .

Room Tip: We had room 8
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Slovak first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

After a tiring day in Bath was given a warm welcome by Sandy and her husband who gave us a front door key and informed us where to locate train station, in case we planned to go out for the evening.They asked about our day,and what our plans were.We helped ourselves to juice and ice whenever we wanted drinks.We were then showed to our lovely room. We had a double room which was beautifully decorated, en- suite bathroom.flat screen T.V. and a small terrace. It was so lovely to sit out in the evening nice cup of coffee (facilities in room) and just relax. Was served to a wonderful breakfast with
thick slices of toast to set us up for the day. Went off to Longleat which is about 15 minute drive from B&B. All in all a fantastic few days away. Highly recommend Redwood Lodge. Felt very comfortable Lovely Staff, lovely place will definately be going back. Thanks for a great time.

Room Tip: Rooms on theback have a beautiful view of the gardens.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I located Redwood on my smartphone and booked one night. I was on a 3 day get away from the noisy town I live in. When I arrived I was met by the couple who run the place, very nice down to earth people. Sadly the room I booked was facing the main road, the only room left, I checked in but had to leave within an hour, as I couldn't take the traffic noise outside. I believe the other rooms are not so affected by the traffic. I would suggest that noise reduction double glazing be added to this room, with a secondary inner glazing, this for an initial cost, would help make this room bearable.

Room Tip: Don't book rooms facing the main road.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank SaintMarysSaint
Plymouth
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed at Redwood lodge for 1 night after visiting Longleat Safari park. After a very long day with the 2 children, we arrived at the B&B and was pleasantly surprised by the lovely welcome we received. Our room was plenty big enough for our family of 4, with an en suite bathroom, towels and toiletries and tea and coffee making facilities. There was also a small fridge in our room which was very handy for keeping my toddlers milk in. The room was spotless, and decorated with a very homely and relaxing feel. Our breakfast in the morning was one of the best, with plenty to choose from and a perfectly cooked breakfast! Thank you for making our stay so wonderful.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a weekend with the main purpose to go to Longleat Safari Park! We were pleasantly surprised by the B&B as we were expecting something very basic and budget for the price we had paid. However, the room was fantastic, with a lovely ensuite, full tea and coffee facilities, biscuits, towels, free wifi, and free toiletries (little soaps and shampoos and body lotion). It was very clean and spacious and colourful, with excellent boutique decorations and lovely little touches that gave it a homely, personalised feel. The breakfast was amazing, big enough to last you all day, and the owners were more than happy to help out in any way possible. We felt right at home. A 15 minute drive to Longleat Safari Park meant it was also in the perfect location. The gazebo in the back garden was lovely in the evenings, and we enjoyed a takeaway overlooking the view. The white horse is close enough to see from the B&B.
Our only issue was that, on the Friday evening, having returned late after spending the evening with friends in Salisbury, the car park was completely full and we had to park outside on the road. This would have been less of an issue if we hadn't had two bikes on a bike rack on the back of our car which we were worried might get stolen. Luckily they didn't, and for the rest of the weekend there was plenty of room in the car park.
Would highly recommend this place to anyone! Thanks very much.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the views overlooking the white horse, or one of the back rooms that open out...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I stayed here before my AOSB Briefing. Sandy, the owner, was very friendly and welcoming with an excellent dinner prepared for when I arrived. She had a collection of cards from people who'd stayed before their AOSB, which was really useful. The room was lovely and I got a great nights sleep! Breakfast was lovely and Sandy organised a taxi for us to get there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Cottrill93
London
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Some friends and I were playing cricket near westbury and needed somewhere we would be able to sleep for the night, have a great breakfast and be able to help with getting around Wiltshire to trains and cricket pitches. The team at redwood could not have been more accommodating from the moment we booked, helping us with directions, giving us a brilliant family room and feeding us to the brim, killing any chance of a hangover! Great value room and breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Chalford House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Edington
Slades Farm Leisure
Slades Farm Leisure
#2 of 2 in Edington

Been to Redwood Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!