“Very welcoming!”

Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Westbury
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A traditional British Country Inn and B&B with real ales and classic pub food and grills. A family friendly pub with large garden and cosy restaurant and bar.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were staying at another hotel in Westbury who, due to a concert in the market square, were not serving evening meals. So we came across the Horse & Groom and what a little jewel we found! The customers were all friendly everyone that came into the bar spoke to us. The waitress was a lovely young girl. We ended up staying for food. To b honest I've had better but it was all freshly cooked - nothing out of a microwave. But the staff made the evening a very pleasant experience & would go back there again when in Westbury again

1  Thank Sue C
RMUSKER, Owner at Horse and Groom, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor

I am delighted that you were made to feel welcome at the Horse & Groom on your recent visit, I'm sure it will come as a surprise to the 'locals' who have always had a reputation of eating strangers!

The young girl who served you was Megan who in addition to being a waitress is a very talented musician and I'm sure she will be very pleased to hear of your praise for her.

Although you were visiting Westbury I hope that we are able to welcome you again in the future

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Poor selection of lagers , beers ok .Barman / owner struggled to tear himself away from ipad to serve us then resumed straight after , wines by the glass very poor and served in dirty glass , lots smokers hanging around outside door. Saw two ladies wait an eternity for the barman , only for him to roll his eyes when they said they wanted more drinks , waitress oblivious and only intrested in serving/chatting to her boyfriend.

I guess it is what it is ,decided not to eat , shame as other reviews say good ??

RMUSKER, Manager at Horse and Groom, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.

I am so sorry that you didn't enjoy your recent visit to the horse and groom, we strive hard to provide a good service to all our clientele and it would appear that on this occasion we have failed.

If possible, would it be possible to give me a call on 01373 859 433 so that I can discuss your visit in more detail and then carry out some corrective training with my staff.

Innleeper

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent steak meal and desert, with friendly atmosphere and staff. A must to visit. Good price. Its a must visit if you're in the area

RMUSKER, Owner at Horse and Groom, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to the horse and groom - I hope we will welcome you again in the near future

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

The bees knees! Great food! Nice people! Friendly atmosphere! A pub garden to die for and some awesome ale! Even text from the garden and your drink will be brought to you in minutes! Now that's service!

2  Thank Jambo1986
RMUSKER, Manager at Horse and Groom, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Very many thanks for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you like the Horse & Groom, I agree that the garden is awesome in fact I'm just off to cut the grass this morning to get it ready for a busy weekend.

It's great that you appreciate our service as the whole team very hard at getting this right.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We went for dinner on a Saturday night and had an excellent pub meal. The Landlord was very welcoming and friendly, and the service was good. An excellent pub meal in a friendly pub for a very reasonable price; would definitely come back.

RMUSKER, Public Relations Manager at Horse and Groom, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to the Horse & Groom and in particular the service that you experienced.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.