“Won 't be returning” 3 of 5 bubbles

Horse and Groom
Ranked #9 of 36 Restaurants in Westbury
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A traditional British Country Inn and B&B with real ales and classic pub food and grills. A family friendly pub with large garden and cosy restaurant and bar.
Westbury, United Kingdom
“Won 't be returning”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Had to ask to have our order taken. Given completely the wrong drink, twice. Long wait for food although restaurant not busy. All but one meals arrived, the chef forgot about one of the orders. No steak knives available at all. It wasn't all doom and gloom, the pub is in a beautiful setting and the young servers i'm sure we're trying their best. I wasn't overly impressed on my first visit so gave a second chance, sadly won't be returning for food.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Foxxy-Mammy
RMUSKER, Manager at Horse and Groom, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your visit t the Horse & Groom last Friday. Although the restaurant was not busy the young waiter (Jordan) would normally be working with another more experienced waitress, who was ill that night.
I had understood that the problems with the drink had been quickly rectified as was the missing meal. As a result of the problems that your party experienced we sat down with the staff and discussed what went wrong, we have now re trained the way orders are taken so that they are clearer to read.

I do hope that you will visit us again and hopefully see that things have improved

Torquay
“Very welcoming!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We were staying at another hotel in Westbury who, due to a concert in the market square, were not serving evening meals. So we came across the Horse & Groom and what a little jewel we found! The customers were all friendly everyone that came into the bar spoke to us. The waitress was a lovely young girl. We ended up staying for food. To b honest I've had better but it was all freshly cooked - nothing out of a microwave. But the staff made the evening a very pleasant experience & would go back there again when in Westbury again

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Sue C
RMUSKER, Owner at Horse and Groom, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor

I am delighted that you were made to feel welcome at the Horse & Groom on your recent visit, I'm sure it will come as a surprise to the 'locals' who have always had a reputation of eating strangers!

The young girl who served you was Megan who in addition to being a waitress is a very talented musician and I'm sure she will be very pleased to hear of your praise for her.

Although you were visiting Westbury I hope that we are able to welcome you again in the future

Bath, United Kingdom
“very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Poor selection of lagers , beers ok .Barman / owner struggled to tear himself away from ipad to serve us then resumed straight after , wines by the glass very poor and served in dirty glass , lots smokers hanging around outside door. Saw two ladies wait an eternity for the barman , only for him to roll his eyes when they said they wanted more drinks , waitress oblivious and only intrested in serving/chatting to her boyfriend.

I guess it is what it is ,decided not to eat , shame as other reviews say good ??

• Visited July 2014
RMUSKER, Manager at Horse and Groom, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.

I am so sorry that you didn't enjoy your recent visit to the horse and groom, we strive hard to provide a good service to all our clientele and it would appear that on this occasion we have failed.

If possible, would it be possible to give me a call on 01373 859 433 so that I can discuss your visit in more detail and then carry out some corrective training with my staff.

Innleeper
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent steak meal and desert, with friendly atmosphere and staff. A must to visit. Good price. Its a must visit if you're in the area

RMUSKER, Owner at Horse and Groom, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to the horse and groom - I hope we will welcome you again in the near future

“The bees knees! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

The bees knees! Great food! Nice people! Friendly atmosphere! A pub garden to die for and some awesome ale! Even text from the garden and your drink will be brought to you in minutes! Now that's service!

2 Thank Jambo1986
RMUSKER, Manager at Horse and Groom, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Very many thanks for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you like the Horse & Groom, I agree that the garden is awesome in fact I'm just off to cut the grass this morning to get it ready for a busy weekend.

It's great that you appreciate our service as the whole team very hard at getting this right.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future