“perfect hospitality revisited”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westbury
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“perfect hospitality revisited”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I last stayed here some months ago just after Ashley and Rachael had rescued the hotel from the administrators. Even then , their warm welcome and excellent hospitality showed as being the benchmark for the coming months and years of development. The massive effort these two lovely people have put into the hotel shows in the significant strides they have made. Outside the gardens are beginning to show all the care and effort that has been lavished , and the new large garden patio was just taking shape when i stayed. The bar is warm and welcoming , with locals preferring to come to the hotel than visit other pubs in the vicinity. The rooms are being carefully and sympathetically renovated one by one to a very high standard , and the breakfast and dinner menus are superb, Ashley and the chef flexible in satisfying even the most discerning palate. The just built business centre with conference table and high speed internet and printers is also a welcome additional facility Well done both and i look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: I like the garden rooms away from the main house as the car can be parked immediately outside , and...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Ashley H, Owner at Chalford House Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you Peter for writing such a great review and posting some pictures of the meals our chef loves to cook especially for you!

Look forward to seeing you again soon..... in the meantime enjoying some motoring with the roof down!!!!!

Rachael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I work on the railway and travel all over the UK. Hotels that provide the level of service received here are few and far between. I arrived after a nightshift just after breakfast time. I contacted the hotel to check serving times and was told that they would keep the breakfast things out until after I had arrived. I was given a clean and comfortable room and enjoyed a beautiful steak (cooked to perfection) that evening. This hotel has now been put as the first choice for all staff in our department when staying in Westbury. Look forward to my next stay!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your taking the time to review our hotel when I know you are very busy.

We are always pleased to welcome new guests and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Rachael
Jersey
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

This was the second time I've stayed here and the welcome was as warm and genuine as the first. I had a different room which was a little smaller but just as lovely; this one had the luxury of a jacuzzi bath. Really can't fault this hotel or the staff....I'd travel a bit out of my way to stay here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Linda1892
Ashley H, Owner at Chalford House Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Linda

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we are glad you came back. The room you had is one of that has been recently refurbished and everyone who staying in it seems to enjoy the spa bath.

We hope to see you again very soon

Ashley H
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I would stay here again. Staff very attentive and went out of their way to accommodate me. Even prepared a meal when it wasn't the usual time. The room was quiet, clean and modern. Had flat screen t.v. and a tea maker with milk, biscuits, coffee. Charming atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Ashley H, Owner at Chalford House Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you Lynn for your review, we are always happy to provide our guests with meals outside'normal' hours if we can especially if they have had a long journey.
We look forward to seeing you again when you're next in Westbury.

Rachael & Ashley
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My job means I often travel to Westbury and nearby Warminster for two or three days at a time. Over the years I’ve stayed at a number of different hotels in and around the area, but for the past couple of times I‘ve opted for The Chalford House. Each time I've been warmly welcomed by Rachel, the owner, who made it clear that should I need anything, I need only ask.

My rooms on both occasions have been immaculate. I’m a terribly light sleeper if I’m anywhere other than my own bed and so my frequent travels for work are usually dogged by sleepless nights. Sincerely, the beds have been some of the comfiest I’ve slept in for some years. The showers are great with plenty of hot water.

Your options at breakfast are wide and varied and the evening menu gives you plenty to choose from. If I visit a place more than once I always make a point of plumping for something different each time and I have never thought a meal has been anything less than delicious.

In short, the staff are friendly and helpful. There’s a nice little bar to collapse in at the end of a day. The Wifi is excellent. Plenty of parking. Nice back garden.

All in all, can’t ask for much more.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear James,Your review is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Halstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed over with several others for annual reunion . Excellent time, meal was outstanding breakfast a dream. Stayed In one of the rooms adjacent to the hotel , very comfy with lots of nice touches ie water in room, plenty of tea coffee making items. Will be back, but coming back anyway for next years reunion.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your positive review I think all your party enjoyed their stay and we look forward to seeing you all next year.
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Considering they haven't been there very long, Rachel and Ashley have done a great job with the place. Clean and tidy, spacious and with great food and service, what more could you ask for! Look forward to staying again when I'm next passing.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Ashley H, Owner at Chalford House Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Caroline

Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor, and it is good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It has been a very busy year and we have made a lot of progress with the menu and the room and there is lots more to come, hopeful you will see more changes the next time you stay with us

With thanks

Ashley H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Premier Inn Trowbridge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Edington
Horse & Groom B&B
Horse & Groom B&B
#7 of 12 in Westbury

Been to Chalford House Hotel? Share your experiences!