“Mother's Day nightmare”

Flaxton Gardens Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Flaxton
Cuisines: Australian, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Coolum Beach, Australia
“Mother's Day nightmare”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Having been told by friends that this was a great restaurant and location I made a
Reservation for Mother's Day and was persuaded to take a 1:30 late sitting due to being busy that day.
I accepted that there was a set menu as it was a special day and thought that the food would be out quickly.
Well we arrived at 1:45 and were served starters after an hour.
Our daughters children's meal was not even served despite several requests to bring it as soon as possible.
We asked waiting staff several times for our meals, eventually at 3:30 we told them if they weren't here in fifteen minutes we would be leaving.
At 3:45 we left when our main meals had still not arrived.
Staff made no attempt at service recovery. We paid for our drinks and starters and we drove into Montville and ordered pizza we were so hungry.
So what was supposed to be a memorable experience turned into one for all the wrong reasons.
The restaurant was over capacity, there was poor service and it seemed to be all about the money. Shame really especially after the personal recommendation. Perhaps just avoid for special occasions.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank gb2gh

Caboolture, Australia
“Fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was the best place for Mother's Day, not only was the food fantastic but also the service. The owners have a very special place and are very special people. Would recommend to anyone.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Naomi D
Coolum Beach, Australia
“Amazing Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was lucky enough to attend a wedding on 03/05/14. It was the best wedding I have ever attended, not only did the wedding party look amazing and the whole venue was incredible it was the Staff that made my day, I would highly recommend this restaurant for any type of function. The food was incredible and was served on hot plates!!! Every type of dish was delicious. I am so looking forward to my next visit to Flaxton Gardens.

• Visited May 2014
Tweed Heads, Australia
“Great food, excellent service and stunning views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Delicious food - my fish and my husband's beef were cooked to perfection, and the most delicious vegetables I've tasted in a long time. Beautiful wines too and excellent service, can't fault.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank AGL2309
Newcastle, Australia
“Perfect picture view, staff excellent, food excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I was lucky enough to experience the lovely place as a group booking and enjoyed the magnificent views with open air lunchtime dining. Staff excellent, food great....

Visited April 2014