“Out of this World”
Review of Avocado Grove B&B

Avocado Grove B&B
Ranked #1 of 5 Flaxton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We recently stayed at Avocado Grove for a family wedding. We have never stayed at a B & B before and from our experience with John and Sonja we will defiently staying with them should we be back in Flaxton. The rooms ( we booked 3 to accommode 6 adults ) were all very clean & comfortable. The breakfast was amazing and they were very happy to meet special dietry requirements. John and Sonya have the ability to make you feel that you are very welcome and nothing is to much trouble. The Gronola that they serve with breakfast was made by their daughter and very, very nice. It was a very relaxing & restful stay with them. Definity made the trip worth remembering and have recommened it to friends and other members of our family.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you Renelle for taking the time to leave us an amazing review about your stay. We enjoyed meeting all the family, and you never know we might just make it up to Winton one day.!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at Avocado Grove with my parents who are both aged 90. John and Sonia, the owners, were amazing. I very much appreciated their care and compassion for my parents. The rooms were excellent. The evening meal and breakfast were outstanding and the view from the verandah was peaceful. We could not have asked for more. I would definitely recommend Avocado Grove to anybody and I have already told my friends about the excellent service and tidiness of the premises. John and Sonia are perfect hosts.

Room Tip: Three rooms upstairs, two with ensuite. One room downstairs. Ask for the ones with the ensuite and o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you Peter and Jan for the incredible review you have given Avocado Grove. Both John and I enjoyed meeting you all, and look forward catching up again!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at Avocado Grove in October as we attended our friends wedding. WOW sums up our stay there. John and Sonja were beautiful people with big hearts, our room was wonderful, extremely clean and comfortable and the coffee and breakfast's were delicious. We had the pleasure of meeting John and Sonja's daughter from VIC and grandson (who was adorable). She was also very accommodating and made our stay very lovely.
I would highly recommend staying at Avocado Grove and am really looking forward to staying there again in the near future.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thank you Jessica for the awesome review you have given us, it was lovely to meet you both, and we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Just arrived back in UK after holiday in Austalia. We booked for Daves 60th Birthday with our son Lee and partner Debbie and best friends Wayne and June and as I had booked from UK we had no way of checking it out and I was a little nervous as it was a special occasion.There was no need at all...the rooms are comfortable and spotless, the afternoon tea, evening meal and breakfast were delicious! best of all the hosts, John and Sonja,are wonderful. They attend to any request you have without it being any bother at all and made the whole experience so simple and relaxing. It may be a couple of years but we will definately return and would recommend avocado grove thoroughly to anyone...oops almost forgot the view from the back deck...beautiful!
keep up the fabulous work you are doing!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much Sylvia for the excellent review you have given Avocado Grove. We enjoyed meeting you all, and look forward to you coming to stay again. Hope England isnt too cold at the moment!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We had the weeknight package of afternoon tea, 3 course dinner and fully cooked breakfast. The cooking was amazing; the rooms comfortable and immaculately clean. But the most memorable part of our stay was the hosts, Sonja and John. They went above and beyond in every way. When my husband collapsed after dinner, they called the ambulance and Sonja drove to the hospital so I could follow. They were very kind and thoghtful during the whole experience. On our return home we received an email enquiring after my husband. We shall return, and recommend the B&B to everyone we know.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thankyou Annette for the excellent review you have given us, and we do look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

After scouting the available B&B's for a wedding in October my wife and I stayed with John and Sonja at Avocado Grove. We were taken back by the professional yet homely service and I'd recommended any couple or family passing through Flaxton, Montville area to stay at the Avocado Grove. I travel frequently for business and have experienced every level of hotel, motel and B&B. John and Sonja have a great product, good value and should charge top of their market rates (but don't in my opinion). If you see no-vacancy at Avocado Grove that's no surprise.

For those wanting specifics, early check in, local drop off & pick up service, clean premises, manicured gardens, homely welcoming and prompt breakfast service, perfectly cooked breakfast - this really blew me away, Best hotel style breakfast I've ever had, better than any IHG / Starwoods group hotel breakfast I've had (and I've enjoyed hundreds including Westin, Le Meridian, W hotel). Local high quality produce served in a healthy or hearty options and tailored to your preferences. Very efficient. When People make the difference (and they usually do with a B&B) it needs to be recognized so others looking for a credible recommendation can travel with less stress and concern.

Avocado grove have the right balance of treating you as a house guest, yet a delivering a premium hotel worthy experience in the amenities, food and attention to your needs. Well done guys.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Wow! Thank you so much Micah for your astounding and professional review about Avocado Grove. We look forward to you staying again and hope all goes well for Nicole in the next few months. Thankyou

Reviewed 18 October 2013

When six members of my family stayed at Avocado Grove, we needed an early check in, because we were attending a wedding. Sonya and John, went out of their way, to enable us to do this. They even offered to drive us there and pick us up.
The rooms were fabulous, well-appointed and spotlessly clean. The outdoor areas boasted a beautiful garden, set amid the surrounding countryside. The cows mooing and birds singing added to the relaxing atmosphere of Avocado Grove.
Each room had its own personality, which gave our stay a ‘homely’ feel. We were constantly offered refreshments, from the time we arrived, until we left. Breakfast was on the balcony overlooking the beautiful gardens. There was fruit, cereal, coffee, tea and a hot breakfast which included fresh eggs from John’s chickens. The food just kept coming.
We were lucky to have John take us down to pick some avocados. Both John and Sonya, were interesting, accommodating, fun and friendly, and we thoroughly enjoyed their company. We would have loved to stay longer, and look forward to returning for a longer visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you so much for writing an amazing review for John and I, we really appreciate your lovely comments about Avocado Grove. Thankyou

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flaxton
Kondalilla Eco Resort
The Falls Montville
The Falls Montville
#1 of 3 in Montville
Bli Bli House Luxury Accommodation
Bli Bli House Luxury Accommodati...
#1 of 110 in Sunshine Coast
Peppertree Cottage
Peppertree Cottage
#3 of 5 in Flaxton
Maleny Tropical Retreat

Been to Avocado Grove B&B? Share your experiences!