“Buzzing,friendly adventure in gastronomy !”
Review of The Crown Inn

The Crown Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Restaurants in Anstey
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Buzzing,friendly adventure in gastronomy !”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife , young son and myself have had several visits to the crown of late , and even though it is not particularly local to us we find ourselves making excuses to revisit the menu and ambience of the place ! We have enjoyed a wonderous variety of gastronomic delights and are so excited to have found a pub with a decent and well priced tapas menu ! Can't imagine a better afternoon than chiili prawns , madras chicken skewers, pea n ham croquettes scotch quails eggs , garlic chicken wings and a nice crisp bottle of Pinot ! We will definitely be back in the very near future !!!!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank David S

“20/05/2014 world burger night”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely meal last night with 2 friends. We booked in advance for the world burger event they designated a table for us as we had 3 pushchairs too. The food was lovely I had classic english burger my 2 friends had the usa burger. We also stayed for desserts too. The atmosphere was very good. Defo going weekly to the event nights. Well worth a visit to see the friendly staff and try the new menu out

1 Thank Angie S
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Went up for the burger of the world night tonight 20/05/14.
The food was SPOT ON!!!! And extremely tasty!!!!
Great atmosphere!!!
Lovely environment for children! Staff are all extremely friendly, very helpful and accommodating!!!
10/10!
Definately a must try if you haven't been!!! Xx

1 Thank Louiseschofield
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

First visit today. Very nice and imaginative décor. Wanted to order 2 lunchtime mains but decided on 3 to share. Wild mushroom bruschetta, Rutland Trout and am amazing savoury bread and butter creation. The quality of the home made dishes was superb in texture, colour and taste!! What a difference in making dishes from scratch. Haven't ate a tastier meal this year!! Will definitely recommend to friends/family.

1 Thank wayne f
Leicestershire
“Tiny Eton Mess”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Here we go again! A facelift and new owners. The place looks lovely with some nice touches on the decor. I was a little disappointed to be honest. Although it's lovely to see The Crown alive and busy again, it was a bit too noisy with loud music making conversation difficult. I fully realise that makes me sound really old!
The menu is interesting with a good choice of dishes. I had the mackerel and horseradish pate which was very tasty but a little too smooth and over processed but that's my personal taste. I had the trio of pork which was just ok. It was disappointing that there were no pea and pancetta croquettes with it but I have to say that the bacon jam which replaced them was knockout!
However the dessert was poor value...I had eton mess. It tasted nice but the portion size was tiny. No way worth the £5 they charged for it. Service pleasant and friendly but a little slow at times
I think this place has the potential to be great again but it's not quite there yet