“Below average food and service”
Review of Vojon

Vojon
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Anstey
Price range: US$20 - US$29
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Food - very under par - aubergine curry was under cooked and lacked flavour - it was obvious during clearing up that they had not been touched - but no questions or refund.

Service - appalling, despite having not booked we only waited 5 mins for a table. Had to ask 3 times to have the food order taken.
Toilets were ok.

Would I go again: No

Things I did not like\; it was cold and have flashy colour changing lights. Bit tacky

1  Thank theopeanuts

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Tried this place quite sometime ago and didn't think much to it, however, we thought we'd give it another go. Its ok nothing special, although if you like average food that's not expensive then its fine, eaten in much better places. Food was quite greasy and a bit same-ish whatever you ordered. Not much of an atmosphere, sorry wouldn't go again.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We eat here fairly regularly so thought it about time I gave them the credit they deserve and put a review on Tripadvisor.

In fact I'm beginning to wonder if we come here too often!!! We don't need a menu OR to order any more, they know exactly what we want without asking!! But the fact that they can remember these details shows exactly what great customer focus these guys have.
What we order isn't even on the menu, they make the dishes especially to our personal taste...and get it spot on.
My partner and I both like fish curry and here we get treated to Tandoori fish in our dishes. My partner has a mild Bhuna and I have a fiery dry dish with green chillies. I often ask for this as a tester in restaurants, to see if they are capable of going 'off menu', a lot of places can't do it. Vojon makes it exceptionally well!

The restaurant has just had a lick of paint and a tidy up and it now looks great. Not that it was too shabby in the first place, but it is now more open plan and looks good for it.
Always busy at weekends so best to book ahead, I wholly recommend Vojon, one of Leicester's best.

2  Thank Mr_Smoff
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This really is the ultimate Asian experience. My wife & I have been eating here since the first week it opened many years ago. The Bangladeshi inspired menu is extensive and the food is consistently fabulous, together with excellent personal service and they will always adjust the dishes to suit your own preferences. Even my Grandkids like it !

2  Thank Christopher T
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We have tried this restaurant Several times now,so its. About time we shared With you How good it really is. The food is excellent, the service is always spot on too, I always try to have something different. I can honestly say that every time we go we really enjoy the experience. I think for the quality of food and service you receive,the prices are quite reasonable. Go try it now

1  Thank onionbags