“Good for few days”
Review of Club Konakli Hotel

Club Konakli Hotel
Ranked #46 of 64 Hotels in Konakli
Reviewed 30 September 2012

First of all, this hotel is really not a 5*. I would call it as 3*+ and the + is just for food, which was good. The hotel is situated about 4 minutes of walking from the sea. There is almost no beach where you could lay...rocks everywhere and the entrance to the sea is trhough a jetty. This jetty remembers old times because some steps were missing and I found it quite dangerous for older people to get in and ouf of water. Also waves were quite big and no flags or somethings, so swimming is upon your own risk. Pool bar closes at 5 and the staff was not very nice, quite unpolite. If you are a beach and sea lovers, choose a different place.
Our room was in the back of the area in 3 floors houses, not in the main buliding. I found it as an advantage, because we had a nice balkony downstairs. Our room was spacious with one doubble bed and one single. On arrival it was clean, but not other days. One day there was no cleaning service, the other one it was very weak - only making up the beds, some water on the floor and that was all. No clean towels, the staff just picked up them from the floor and put them over the shower door!! Also cleaning the dust bin meant that they empty the plastic bag and put it in again. Our outside small table stayed dirty till the end of your stay...
We put a sundbeds infront of our balcony, so we had some privacy, but almost all umbreallas were broken. There was extremly loud music in the morning and also in the evening till about 22:30, so nothing for kid's sleep.
The hotel is all inclusive so you can find machines for local juices (very sweet) in kiwi, orange, cherry and peach flavour and another machine for hot drinks. I must say, that food was very good. Plenty of choice of everything, rich cold meals and salad bar and during dinner also outside bbq with some chicken and french fries etc. What was absolutely fantastic was sweet corner. There were many cakes and other sweet things, that you were not able to taste them all. They were very delicious and in fact I looked forward to any dinner or lunch only because of these :) I mustn't forget on fruit corner with water melon, pears and other fruits.
There is free Wifi in the lobby, just ask the receptionists for password. I found that they speak bad english at the reception (but I found it almost everywhere in Turkey)
There is almost no entertainment exept tobogans which are working only two hours in the morning and two in the afternoon. I found a clay tennis court, but it seemed that nobody take care care about it so it was not fit for play. I knew there were animators, but I did not see them working or asking us for take part in their games etc.
Well.. I would rate this hotel as average, it was not bad for 3 days stay, but I can't imagine staying there a week or longer as there is nothing to do.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Spent 10 days there with a 9month old baby. the place for the baby to sleep was in terrible condition. not provided the place for a good sleep for her.
during the weekend night they made maintenance job (drill at 22:30???) and many other noise could disturb your sleep (cleaning the pool with a huge vacuum cleaner all night? why not during the entertainment show what is noisy already?)
Cleaning level was not acceptable and many case had holes and spots on the sheets and covers.
Food was good but the number of choice was limited. From cakes and fruits it was adequate.

Room Tip: try to find abetter quality one a same price.
1  Thank donat_sz
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Had a amazing family holiday thank you to all the club konakli staff and animation team . Would defenitly recommend .
The food was lovely,every day there was something new too try . Pool was very clean . Rooms wear cleaned every day . Fantastic for family's .
On our first day we went to the turkish hammam,it was bliss they took us through to relax in the sauna for 10 mins before our treatment ,then we laid on the hot stone while they used a traditional exfoliating mitt to remove all dead skin from your body including the face too. Then coved youin foam and massaged for a few minutes, then washed you down with cool water . After our treatment they sent us to a relaxing room to have some apple tea and applied a mud mask for another 10 min. You should have this treatment before you start to tan .I had it the first day .I have a beautiful tan now and my skin is not peeling even after coming back to London .
During the day you had activieties to do they had water gymlastic and water polo . They also had kids club for young children and a mini disco in the evening.
Entertainment in the evening was great they had a fire show which involved blowing fire from the mouth . They laid down on broken glass were people from the audiance were picked out to walk over them .They even put there face on the broken glass and had to get someone from the audience to step on his head . Very talented was amazing to watch .They also have a Turkish night which is really nice you get to learn about all the different types of folk dancing in different areas of Turkey. Overall a amazing family holiday thank you to all the club konakli staff and animation team .

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Vediahulusi
Reviewed 5 September 2012

The thing I liked most at this hotel was the room: big, clean and very nice. Certainly not a 5 stars hotel, but it is a good place to spend your holiday. The food was good overall, but the fruits have no taste and only few cookies are delicious.
Minuses:-fruit juices were too concentrated, they have a horrible taste (and also the milk).
-just 20 minutes of music in the morning at the swimming pool
-the beach is terrible, full of stones
-the animation team is too sleepy
-not so many types of drinks (alcohol)
-turkish people are always waiting for some tip
Pluses:-rooms,friendly staff (if you put the towels on the floor, they will change it)
-food-a lot of different dishes
-the location (the hotel is close to the bazaar and also close to Alanya-City 25 minutes by bus-dolmos)
-the swimming pool (is not so big, but is very very clean)
-hair dryer in every room
In conclusion, I would recommend this hotel beacause is not expensive and they provide quality services.

Room Tip: You can negociate with the staff if you want a good room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank BiancaSimon
Reviewed 31 August 2012

First of all, I must say that for what we paid, this was very good value for money, however; whilst the hotel is nice enough, I'm afraid the food is nothing like any other 5 star I have been to in Turkey (I've been to many over the past 10 years). There was very little choice, although what there was, was tasty. We were glad that we hadn't booked two weeks there. The waiter Engin was really nice and looked after us well. We weren't too impressed that the beach bar closed at 5pm in the middle of August either!
The choice of music around the pool left alot to be desired, hence my reluctance to reccommend for families. My husband spoke with both the manager and the head of animation but they continued to play chart toppers with foul language in it.
The rooms were nice and the room cleaners were superb, but the public toilets could do with attention on a more regular basis.

I would stay there again, but only if I was looking for a budget stay.

Room Tip: Request one away from the amphitheatre
3  Thank Judith B
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We went on a family holiday at this hotel from 22 until 29th August this year, and I must say that the expectation of this hotel was so high that when we got there is was very low. Firstly, wifi was only accessible in the guest lounge area, and you're lucky to get wifi alittle bit out of that area. For those who are english-speaking travellers are in a bigger disadvantage because most of the staffs and locals speak very little english, that even explaining them the basics was very difficult, i suggest to work on your body languages as this is what we had to do. Food was average, i enjoyed that they alternated the menu everyday so you don't get bored of eating the same meal. But in a positive note, we really enjoyed this holiday, the decor of the hotel was nice, and although it was difficult communicating with the hotel staff/locals they were very friendly and not at all rude to us. The local area is along the same road and you will find some nice souvenir, excursions, and currency exchange shops etc. i would suggest to go to Kolibri excursion as we had fantastic deals with them, and Silas restaurant was also great place to eat and hospotality was also a bonus. Alanya seemed like a safe resort, and if you want to view the beautiful meditterrean sea the beach is about 10 minutes walk from the hotel; only downside is that it is a rocky beach, so not safe for children and elderly, but if you walk along a further 15minutes to your left there is a small sandy part of the beach, and the pier is great, especially at night. Weather was great, although it did reach the 45 degrees. I would also suggest that for the excursions to do the Jeep safari, aquapark if you are travelling with kids, those were great fun, especially as there was water fights during the jeep safari which made the activity even more fun, and visiting an ancient cave and seeing the beautiful waterfalls. I would definately go back and even book this hotel as I know that the standard of a 5 star hotel in turkey is actually a 3 star, so it did not bother me too much as we spent more time outside than inside, but just in case you are expecting a luxury hotel this is not the one. Also, an importnant note if you a muslim, its best you don't book this hotel, its better if you book it with the Bera Hotel which is 5 minutes away from this hotel, and it has segregated pool for men and women.

Room Tip: 3rd floor, facing the swimming pool.
2  Thank shabaroo
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Good things first: the hotel is new, is very clean, it has four pools and it was not crowded. The food is good, even if there's not a large variety especially in main courses. Lots of deserts, though. The rooms are clean, well furnished, but small for a 5* hotel. The service is ok, but there's room for improvement, especially at the bars.
Not so good: the location - the outskirts of Konakli, a very long walk to the city center. The beach is at 250m from the hotel, but it is one of the worst beaches I've seen. There are several souvenir, leather and textile shops close to the hotel, but quite expensive.
Conclusion: it's worth a try, for the right price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple