“Not too bad”

Ranked #43 of 63 Hotels in Konakli
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Not too bad”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Actually, this wasn't the first trip to Turkey at all.
It wasn't the best experience that I had but not the worst again. For 4* the hotel might be better though.
The first impression was quite nice as we arrived too early for the check in, so we were given the bracelets and offered quite a typical for the area breakfast. The key was given to us a bit closer to lunch time after we obviously annoyed the bell boy enough. The room was a corner room in the 6th floor with one side view window and a balcony facing the road. Nevertheless, it wasn't that noisy at all. Everything worked well - conditioner, TV, blow dryer (the latter was cheap and too hot so if you love your hair either air dry it or take your own blow dryer with you).
Later in the evening, as it was time to get to bed, we found no blankets and were offered some greyish white bed spreads instead that looked like big honeycomb towels and they had quite big holes as they were far from being new. The shower cabin leaked. The toilet bowl was cranky. The towels that were supposed to be white originally were already grey. The bed linen they used seemed to be clean but I could never smell any detergent at all. The first night idea was to go downstairs in the morning and ask for a better room as in a lot of reviews of Russian tourists posted elsewhere they were saying that for 20$ receptionists were ready to give a better room but in the morning we decided not to risk :). I am the kind of person who basically don't bother that much about the room as I spend minimum time there.
The beach was quite alright with the only thing that was not that comfy but it does not depend on the hotel at all - just FYI, the sea floor in this area can be a bit rocky in some places so when the sea was not quiet it was a bit traumatic to swim over the rocky solid parts of the bottom in waves but a little bit farther from the shore the waters get quieter and warmer. Watersports service (not associated with the hotel) a few meters away which is kinda good but sometimes some tourists who barely remember about other people's safety riding a PWC right in the area for swimmers.
Cannot say anything about the pool as we only went to the beach. It was certainly much colder than the sea as far as I can judge from touching the water once.
In terms of staff, people were polite and I can say it wasn't that bad.
Meals. In my opinion, it was the best food I was ever offered in Turkey. Honestly, seeing guys cooked every evening for the dinner by the pool - fresh fish, chicken, turkey, vegetables... - these were all delicious. I guess, the cooks will be the best memory of this trip.
Waiting staff were all polite and I appreciate their work as I know and I heard the way a lot of former Soviet area tourists talk to them.
Rooms were tidied up every or every other day, depending on whether we were in the room. Bed cloth and towels were changed once in three days but I already said about my impression of what they call a clean towel. Floors were always dusty. Even if I admit that we came from the beach and had sand on our flip flops walking in the room barefoot in 5 minutes would make the feet look black.
Animation...was quite bad. Especially, when their boss tried to show his own significance in the way we had fun it seemed quite pathetic. What's so hard about that job? You wake up by lunch time, sit in the pool bar all day long then, by 9 PM you come to the animation area, get up the stage and start a show I bet you do once every 2 weeks. I don't understand that, sorry. And discos there were a great disappointment with a clearly said "Wanna dance with some nice music pay 15$ per a track". Or drunk Mr. Osman with another glass of whiskey turning on another turkish traditional folk song and then sitting down in the middle of the dance floor to meditate. It wasn't fun Mr. Osman with that attitude "You don't like my show you leave". Your job is to entertain us, but animation teams generally barely seem to remember that simple thing. The kids' mini disco, well, nothing is more everlasting in this world as mini disco which is absolutely the same in every hotel. BORING! By the way, the same animation team works there for the second season already so ayayay!
The weekly market took place every Wednesday and was just across the road. Two clinics are again across the road.
WiFi is free in the lobby.
That was a good time to come as we could also observe a lot of Turkish families and companies of friends coming to the seaside for the holiday season (Kurban bayrami took place the last week of our stay).
Summing it up, if I knew that the same chef (Ekrem Bey, Çok teşekkürler!) and cooks were to work there another season I'd come. Otherwise, I would not come back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank corona_borealis

Business
  • Turkish first
Venice, Italy
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I booked a room at this hotel in August as indipendent traveller. The hotel works almost exclusively with tour operators. The receptionist had promised me a nice double with sea view. When I reached the hotel, the surprice: I was offered a room on the ground floor, with windows facing the pool and everybody there could see what I was doing inside. I tried to log in to hotel wifi but it didn't work. Then the hotel manager insisted to take a xerox of my passport and visa. I showed my EU passport and allowed them to write down all data and register me like in all other hotels in Turkey where I stayed, but they wanted the xerox or told me I should go away. That's what I did. Nothing attractive in such hotel and unwelcoming manager.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Anonimous911

Travellers are raving about these Konakli hotels

Fredrikstad, Norway
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The room we got in this hotel destroyed any chance for a positive attitude towards this hotel. I have never been so shocked when I walked in to a hotel room before. It was the most dirty Place I have ever seen. The floors had a thick layer of som kind of grey dirt on it, all over. The towels were also dirty and everything in the bathroom were faling apart. I actually think we were given a room that were not supose to be used. Maybe the hotel would be nicer if we got a proper room.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
14 Thank traveler86-1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Konakli
Hotel Mirabell
#1 of 1 in Payallar
Arabella World Hotel
Arabella World Hotel
#2 of 5 in Incekum

Been to Senza Inova Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!