“Nice Hotel with good facilities but would say Muslim/Family friendly rather than Islamic”
Review of Bera Hotel Alanya

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Konakli
Bera Hotel Alanya
Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Konakli
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I would stay here again, but there are a few things that need to be understood.

There were 2 adults and 5 under 15 yr olds.
The place is child friendly and lets the kids make noise which meant that the kids enjoyed themselves.
There are good facilities, inc outdoor pool and indoor pool for men and seperate indoor and outdoor (on the roof of hotel) for women. Games room downstairs, includes Arcade games (need to buy tokens), table tennis, pool, PS3, (all cost extra on a per hour basis, between 5 - 10 lira per hour) and ten pin bowling (10 lira per head). Had a 5 aside flood lit astro turf pitch outside, good for a kick about - I played with some German Turks ( they were pretty good).

Food was great, plenty of variety for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not the place to go if trying to lose weight. Fruit Juice, Tea/Coffee is on tap 24 hours a day in the lobby and cafe.

I had issues with the safe in the rooms, but they were resolved reasonably quickly.

Hotel rooms are nice and will suffice. I actualy upgraded for a few days to the 3 bedroom gran suite as it offered a lot more for your money, this was about 40-50% more than having 2 standard rooms.

In the lobby, they will try and sell you things, like SPA treatments, Excursions, QUAD biking - I wouldn't say I felt harrassed but they really to try and persuade you - I went just outside with Tom (Suleyman) and got better prices for the all day excursion, when the hotel person saw me holding the leaflet he decided to bombard me with you will not get an islamic experience, etc. I went with Tom and TBH, the only thing that you are at risk of is that you will be sharing with other people who are not from the hotel (we had a british couple (who were pleasant enough and were nice to our kids) and a chezk couple who were very nice and friendly). I noticed that the people that went with the hotel were only in a different jeep and were at most of the stops we were so there was nothing different. The tour people for the excursion were immature generally and were trying to make a moview which they were selling to people at the end, for £20 each - we were not at all interested and didn't waste our money, but there were a few takers.

There were a lot of stray cats in the whole area generally, some in the hotel (especially at night - looking for food). I think stary Cats and Dogs is an issue in Turkey generally, so just need to be aware of this.

one word of warning - most of the turks that we came across OUTSIDE the hotel were trying to CON you - here's a few things that we came across and would suggest people learn from.

1. My daughter wanted to go for a Camel ride on the beach, so we asked how much, 15 Lira he said, is that for 1 person or can more go on? he said 15 Lira for upto 3 people for a 10 minute ride on the camel. So i clarified 15 Lira for all 3, he said yes. so my 2 sons also went on. I said to my daughter to pay him the money and I went back to the deck chair. firstly, they were there for about 5-6 minutes max, but that's fine they have gone from 1 end of beach to the other and back. When the kids got off, my daughter tried to give him moey and he started saying that she did not have enough money. Basically my daughter tried to give him the money before they got on the camel but he refused, after the ride he was asking for 45 (3 x 15), I got into an argument with him and told him that he's a cheat and that I won't pay him, but we settled at 30 Lira as my kids were getting upset.

2. a white english couple that we met also got ripped off in a totally different beach with a camel ride person, they just wanted a picture, were quoted 5 lira for the picture and then got ushered on to the camel so the camel stood with them on its back, when they got down and offered the 5 Lira the guy said 50 Lira for the picture and 10 Euro for sittingon the camel.

3. friend went to hire a car, was quoted 80 lira for 1 day, then decided to ask how much for a bigger car, was advised 120 lira (£40) so 9 of them turned up to the car hire place (near the hotel) to get the car so thay could go, but was then advised it was 120 Euros not Lira, but because they were all set for there trip they then had to pay the asking price.

RULE - HAND MONEY OVER BEFORE ACCEPTING THE GOODS, THAT WAY THEY CAN'T CHARGE YOU MORE.

Could say lots more but running out of time.

Room Tip: Very expensive, but if you can get the Gransuites on either 1st, 2nd, 4th or 5th floors, you will be...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Abu_Hamdaan

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 3 November 2013

my family of 4 , 2 adult and 2 child stayed at the resort 7 nights .Rooms were clean, bathroom was abit of a disappointment , there were water marks around the shower area.
Most staffs did not speak English but that was not a problem because they were friendly and helpful .
The food was buffet which was good and the kids always seem to go for chips and wadges if they didnt fancy anything else .There was a large selection of desserts which looked good on the eyes and hubby seemed to enjoy sampling it ! Breakfast was my fav , my kids enjoyed the omelettes which was made in front of them by the chef this was very popular .
I would recommend the tours that they arrange at the hotel as they are not very expensive .we did the boat trip which everyone enjoyed the sunset was breath taking ! And the tour around Alanya . my son loved Jetski .
I would recommend the VIP 3 day massage treatment for the ladies which was excellent ! the ladies changing room was not very well kept though . I loved sitting in the lobby drinking tea and chatting to other female guests ! the kids enjoyed the muslim family friendly beach .
over all i would say its not a five star as it's stated .But it the BEST halal resort that we have been to so far !!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
6 Thank maryamt05
Reviewed 14 September 2013

It's was really nice. But the hotels toilets weren't too clean. There room service weren't done proper as well. There's no actives for kids during the day.
Food was amazing
Staff really helpful
Just didn't think it should be called a five star hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Ismailtezel
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

we stayed as a family in the best hotel just before the summer season in April. Because it was before summer it was less crowded however it was brilliant. The food was too class and all halal. For breakfast there was a buffet and they would make you fresh omelette with whatever you desired on it. I can't even explain the deserts. They were well made and had I wide selection. The indoor gym was up to par and the indoor pool was brilliant. The outside pools were fantastic and the women's pool was situated on the roof of the hotel. The football pitch was a five-a-side pitch with the balls provided by the hotel. They also had to basketball courts and free ice tea and other light refreshments in the lobby. Food was serves buffet type for 23 hours all day but one hour. Would recommend to all family people. The kids shows were amazing even adults would sit and enjoy it. This is more of a family hotel than one to go with your friends. 5 star no doubt

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Safmahetar
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We booked our holiday with crescent tours, traveled with four children, 9, 6, 4.5 and a 8 month baby.

A lot of people mentioned 5th floor, our rooms was on the second floor, we took out two rooms, one for us and one for the kids, plus we got a cot (they give travel cot) for the baby. The rooms where massive, especially the main bedroom, with lots of cupboard and space for kids to run around, very clean, overlooking the sea, which was very nice in the evenings as we sat on the balcony once the kids had gone to sleep.

Very child friendly hotel, it is true most the staff dont speak english, but can spek a few words which is enough to get by, but if any problems there is a couple of guys on the main reception desk that speak very good english so if any problems or translation needed, they were happy to help.

The hotel offers a mini club which is free to use, which was a godsend, for all children aged between 3 to 12 from 10.30 to 5pm everyday, you can drop kids for however long you want, an hour or two and they entertain children, they have cartoon, coloring, sand play, play-dough, face painting etc For under 3, you have to book the lady as she takes care of children one to one, they charge 15 tk per hour. we did use this service for our two younger kids, they loved going.

Around the hotel and main pool area, the people did dress modestly, but in the ladies only area, you did get a few ladies in bikini and music by the poolsides so not 100% halal but the segragation was very strict, no men are allowed into the ladies rooftop pool or the indoor pool area. Although the indoor poolside was great as it had no music and no bikini women.

Food was great, a lot of grilled chicken, turkey, they had a whole section on pasta, soups, salads, chips and potato wedges, a lot of turkish style food, we loved the food, after a couple of days of trying out all the different food, just chose the favorate stuff and great for kids as they liked going round and choosing thier own food. The only downside is the desserts were not all very nice, very sugery, very sweet, they had fresh cream cakes but tasted a bit dry but i guess its a good thing, stops you going crazy on the dessert, so its a plus point for the waist line.

They also put on shows for children, good for older children as they start at 9pm

in future when traveling with young kids, i would book flights separately and take direct flights to Antalay, as it can be very stressful with young children, getting off plan and having to go through passport control and security, taking back packs off/on, unfolding and folding pushchair etc for xray machines, gets too much stressful, better to pay a little extra and shorten the journey time and hassle

Pay for visa before leaving for turkey, that was the one thing we was not told by our tour operator, and the visa desk had a very long queue, we almost missed our connecting flight! we found out after that you can get visa online.

If you have fussy eaters, if they like cereal, i would take these with you, as the hotel does provide cereals but as they are left out for a long time, loose their crisp taste and also don't taste the same.

If travelling with baby, take extra packets of baby wipes and nappies as these cost a bomb out there, for seven days i went through 2 packs of wipes, as i didnt account extra use by other kids for wiping hands and faces etc. One packet of wipe cost me £4!!

In the dining hall there is a microwave for guests to use, you can heat up baby milk/ food etc but when food is not being served, it is closed, its no problem, i just drew a picture of a microwave and showed the milk bottle, and the staff where very nice and would let me enter the dinning hall to use microwave.

Also take sellotape with you if you have a baby who is crawling, there was lots of plug points in the bedroom within babies reach, but i covered them up with sellotape sod didnt have to worry, the cleaning maid thought it was very funny.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
16 Thank Deniz C
Reviewed 20 May 2013

PROS: Lovely hotel, decent, no alcohol. There are prayer rooms as well as ablution facilities. Separate swimming facilities for men and women. Excellent Spa, separate for men and women. I booked a 7 day package full of massages, pedicures, facials and hamaams. For the ladies reading this; would recommend a massage by a lady named Arzoo. It wasn't very expensive, but you must negotiate your package and price with spa reception as they will initially quote high prices. Our room was very spacious, clean and we had a lovely balcony and view. Would recommend a room on the fifth floor. there were also gyms, football pitch, pool, arcades and bowling alley. If you need to get around alanya would recommend you take local buses rather than taxis. buses cost between 1.5 and 3 lira per person. Taxis cost 30 lira one way. Nice atmosphere and relaxed hotel.

Cons: Music around the hotel would be very loud at times, especially around the pools. Had major issues with the AC in our room, it was warm and wouldn't cool. Some days food was not great. Must say there is a lot of variety and a large spread at every meal, but very few dishes actually tasted good. Was looking forward to freshly cut fruit at least in the mornings, but just found whole fruits placed into bowls to help yourself. Hardly any members of staff in the hotel actually speak english, therefore it was difficult conversing.

Although there were cons, would still recommend and may even return to this hotel in future. As overall we had a great time, especially because of segregated facilities and we returned to the UK very relaxed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank M K
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed 3 nights as a couple with 2 little children and absolutely loved it!

We loved our room, and upon request at booking were given an extra bed for our children, even though our bed was massive!

We loved the breakfast and other meals, we had a balcony on the 5th floor and that was nice, the pools were excellent, seperate for men and women and very clean.

I cant praise this hotel enough, the only thing I could say is that it is not 5 star rather 4 star in comparison to 5 star hotels in Europe but overall I would prefer this to the luxury of the 5 star hotels I have stayed in

We also had free car parking, an ATM machine at the front, bowling downstairs and gamesroom

This is an excellent hotel resort for those who want to just chill relax with their family without dealing with drunks and clubbers!

It may be labelled as a Islamic Hotel but music is often played out quite loud near the pool, dress code seems to be neutral so you will see some women dressed with Hijab whilst others not quite in bikinis but not Islamic, so therefore its not fully Islamic but definitely closer than other resorts nearby..

Overall I have to say this was the best hotel we have stayed in and will be looking to rebook next year Insha'Allah

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on the 5th Floor as they give more privacy - sea facing rooms are the best but prob...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Isotonic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Konakli
Adenya Hotel
#132 of 371 in Alanya
Titan Garden Hotel
Titan Garden Hotel
#10 of 64 in Konakli

Been to Bera Hotel Alanya? Share your experiences!