“Great amazing holiday”

Ranked #39 of 63 Hotels in Konakli
Bucharest, Romania
“Great amazing holiday”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We travelled in Alanya in July 2010 .Our holiday was amazing from 1st day till the last. Although we paied for a double standard room land view, we got an amazing duplex for us and our friends , sea view, top floor central. The view was amazing, the room was clean, all new and modern.
I read here somewhere that animation was poor, but we had Baloo a great animator , he always made our day, very funny and friendly.
I dont remember much about service, but we encounterred NO problem , the food was good, we like it... but then again it's a matter of taste.
We drove there , so we had the opportunity to visit Alanya, and found an amazin beach some km away.
I tell you guys, it was a great holiday, all good memories.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank AdrianaVasioiu

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We arrived in the middle of the night to a room that was full of smoke. We wanted to change room, but the guy in the reception said that they were full. And the "taste of smoke" came from the balcony, someone had been smoking there earlier! The food was horrible. So little to choose from and and the same things for the whole week. The cleaning was not cleaning, they just made the beds, that´s it. And to top this week of, my watch and bracelet got stolen.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
11 Thank Laman L

Travellers are raving about these Konakli hotels

Reviewed 14 September 2011

For the staff you are cattle! So don't loose your bracelet they could become really unfriendly. Try to learn some words of turkish or german because they have really poor english. Nice rooms even if the hotel design is a bit kitsch.
There is a lot of really good hotels near Alanya, but seriously: not this one!!

• Stayed September 2011
9 Thank Haughin
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 7 September 2011

unpleasant staff on reception, disco under balcony to night, terrible animation program, little space at the pool, little space on the beach, overpriced shops in the basement, good food

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank david851
Reviewed 16 August 2011

at the first day we arrived they told us they made over-bookings and they already gave our room to someone else. we were not only one to face with that: there were twenty more couples.. So they told us just for one night they would guest us in a neighbor hotel close to this area.. we had booked and gave all the money already and made our plans like that.. The other hotel we stayed for one night had horrible rooms, they were not likely to the rooms that we had seen from the pics of the vikingen hotels.. Anyway we thought we could bear to this but we didnt know what was coming. food was one of worst that we had eaten in turkey.. The pool is small and you cant find a place to lay down if you come after eight in the morning. Beach is awful there are no sand just small rocks that hurts your feet and it keeps like that also inside the sea so you should pay attention where you step.. Staff was helpful except the manager who was saying they had overbooked because they wanted to earn more money. So i can just say with the same price you can find much more better places around antalya..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank smjardi
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This Resort has all you will need for a relaxing vacation. Humble and simple, clean and with various amenities provided - two pools, plenty of fresh and great tasting food, friendly stuff with smiles on their faces, always willing to help. This is not a luxury place, but one of the best ones on the Konakli Beach - clean and spacious, in a very convenient location - walking distance to the market and local town restaurants. Always great verity of food and drinks provided, throughout the entire day and late into the night. The resort offers a large number of daily trips to all kinds of interesting destinations within Turkey, for a reasonable fee.
When making reservations, ask for a room on one of the upper floors, facing the sea and pool area.
There are two small elevators available for the entire hotel, you will get used to stairs. Great excercise after all that great food!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank agwi7
Istanbul
Reviewed 29 October 2010

First I made my reservation 2 days before through HOTLES.COM and then when I called them at around 16:30 the same day of my planned check-in (which is well beyond normal check in time) they did not know anything about my reservation at all and I was shocked !..... Because I had already started driving from Antalya to ALanya where this hotel is and I couldn't decide what to do. Shoudl I return back to Antalya or should I continue? Well I decided to take the risk and go there.

The ignorance of this hotel personnel really surprised me to a great deal.

The air conditioning system is just too noisy.

This hotel is located just in a norrow strip between the high way and the beach and if you are placed on the street side of the hotel, I guarantee you that you will never get a good sleep because the noise insulation is so weak that the passing trucks and busses on the high way will not allow you to get a good sleep.

The handling of bookings are just too slow, and even clumsy. They haven't heard the name of HOTELS.COM in their lives before.

They don't even have single use towel slippers; they don't have solid soup in the bathrooms; they only have liquid soap.

The restaurant is being served with less than neccessary people so even if you want a simple drink it comes almost half an hour later. After half an hour I asked the waiter why it took such a long time to bring my tea and he responded me: ''Too many people asking too many things from me my mind got confused ! '' I couldn't even get angry with him, I was only laughing...

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank Utku67
Also consider these accommodations in or near Konakli
smartline White City Beach
#12 of 63 in Konakli
Villa Augusto
Villa Augusto
#13 of 63 in Konakli

Been to Royal Vikingen Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!