We went in the off-season so maybe that had something to do with it! I cannot describe how absolutely gorgeous the chateau was. We had a wonderful time. The grounds were beautiful and well maintained - I mean there was a moat for gods sake! We went in mid November so it was a bit chilly but that didn't detract from the experience at all. Great location - its conveniently close to Paris and nearby Chartres. Our rooms were beautifully proportioned and decorated, though we didn't stay in the chateau itself but in a lodge on the grounds. The main chateau is beautiful, historic, and opulently furnished. My favourite part of each day was the delicious breakfast (included), and if you're lucky enough to grab the window table, gorgeous views of the lake! Only down side was the pricey dinner (which was delicious) but there are lots of other places to eat nearby. The staff were also helpful and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of a landmark 60-hectare park, the towers, balconies, turrets and belfries of the Chateau d'Esclimont may be found. This former dwelling of the La Rochefoucauld family is a jewel of the Renaissance and a romantic place to stay, less than one hour from Paris, between the Versailles Palace and Chartres Cathedral. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Chateau d'Esclimont reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau d`Esclimont Hotel Saint Symphorien Le Chateau
- Chateau D'Esclimont France/Saint Symphorien Le Chateau