I stayed for a week and spent first two nights in a suite overlooking the ocean then moved to a cheaper room at the back which was absolutely fine and very quiet. The setting of the restaurant by the water was wonderful and all the staff were friendly and helpful. I was on my own and was made very welcome. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble, although on occasion the service was a little slow. The food was good with nightly specials for fish and meat eaters. Vegetarians were not really catered for. The whole hotel had a peaceful and relaxing air which struck you as soon as you walked in and was perfect after working all day. Being right on the beach it was lovely to go for a walk along the shore or to just sit and look at the fish jumping or local people watching the sun set. With friends living nearby it was a perfect location for me in a suburban street by the sea. If you are looking for excitement it may be a little quiet. I would definitely return to the Bay if the opportunity arises!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the delights of a beachfront holiday and discover the mauritian rhythm of life. Situated on the west coast, famous for its romantic sunsets and all-year round sunshine. The ambient harmony is ideal for those in search of authenticity & conviviality and the delicate & friendly welcome + the personalised service will make you feel at home. Our perfect location will give you access to a large choice of activities and renowned mauritian cultural sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Les Sirandanes Riviere Noire
- The Bay Mauritius/Riviere Noire