“Wonderful hotel, amazing host!”
Review of Hotel BellBird

and 1 more site!
Hotel BellBird
Reviewed 13 October 2013

It's a long story, but we did not originally end up at the Hotel Bellbird on our overnight excursion to Monteverde. We were booked at the La Colina Lodge, but it was so horrible, I refused to let my kids sleep there (see my review of the La Colina Lodge for more info). So we ended up at the Bellbird, where we should have been all along. It was wonderful. Clean, warm, inviting and our host Alex made it all the more special. He could not have been more helpful or attentive. He even got up early to make us a delicious breakfast since we had an early tour booked (we told him not to bother, we didn't want to put him out, but he insisted). I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Thank you Alex and the Bellbird for making our stay in Monteverde wonderful.

Room Tip: Just tell Alex what you need. He gave my husband and I a room with an en suite and the kids the roo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Looked up Hotel Bellbird on Tripadvisor. Reviews were good so we gave it a shot. It was a wonderful bed and breakfast very close to Monteverde. We had a room with two bunk beds for the kids and a bed for my wife and I. The breakfast was very good. Alex took great care of us. He helped us with our pre-plans when we discussed ideas over email. He helped us secure passage to Playa Coco. In his free time, Alex played ping pong with us. It was a great experience and we hope to return for a longer stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rob M
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I was really impressed by the hospitality of the owner. You feel like at home there. Cozy rooms, clean and comfortable. Tasty breakfast served at the suitable time, especially for you. You can also book any types of excursiones there. 2 little adorable girls and a puppy makes you feel at home rather than at a hotel.
The location is also very good. Close to Monteverde and Santa Elena. And the vies from the hotel is also amazing.
I would certainly recommend this place to my friends and come to stay there again when I visit Monteverde next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Serval47
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Alex was awesome! I totally recommend visiting his place because he does everything to make his guests feel at home. The setting is amazing. A great breakfast was included in the very very reasonable rate. Make sure to get in a game of ping pong too!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe E
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This is a lodge style place that is very neat and tidy. It has a great location to access both Monteverde and Santa Elena and has a view of the Gulf of Nicoya. There are a couple of rooms with private baths and a couple of rooms that share a bathroom off of the sitting room. As a family we we're only in our rooms for sleeping, so the shared bathroom worked fine for us.
Downstairs is the dining room where breakfast is served. The food was very good.
Alexis is a wonderful host. He grew up in Monteverde and can help you plan your stay or just chat about the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lvbyfth
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Lovely, great value, clean, charming owner, great views of the gulf from the second floor common room. We are very sorry we were not able to stay for breakfast. The owner of this place is so friendly, polite and welcoming. Very convenient location.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mimi5grana
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Monteverde. Nice ambiance and very clean (wooden floors and big windows). The breakfasts were delicious and the rooms comfortable (my single with shared bath was on the cozy side, but there were very well-designed shelves to put things and at $16/night it was excellent value). The location is great - only 45 minute walk to the Monteverde reserve and right near a supermarket, a bakery, and a health food store. The service was truly exceptional - I had a mini transportation emergency and Alexis could not have been more helpful, even coming back to the hotel late in the evening to help me sort it out. Stay here!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo