“Romantic Dinner”

Price range: US$5 - US$18
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We went to Sofia's for dinner one night. We ordered the ceviche, chicken quesadilla, and fish. All were very good, and the drinks were good too. The decor is very warm and charming - good for a romantic night out. It was a bit pricey, but definitely enjoyable!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Andres is a great waiter, and this is really more of a 4.5 star place. We came two straight days and both enjoyed our food a lot (girlfriend loved the black bean soup and I got the chicken which was very solid). The drinks were solid and pretty strong, my GF got like 4 mango mojitos over the two days and LOVED them. I had a couple and really liked them too. Only thing is that you are gonna spend a decent amount of money here and during lunch there were at least 8 flies around our food and that was really distracting for me.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

When my DH suggested we eat at Sofia I was quite skepical. I don't think of CR as a place known for great cuisine. Boy was I mistaken! Latin-Caribbian place is great. Our daughters shared a spectacular beef fillet; I had a wonderful seafood dish and my DH's chicken was great as well. When we were there there was only one other couple there so the service was spectacular. And the prices were a great value.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We were the only customers there. We ordered chips and dips and bean soup for appetizers. We also had milkshakes, chicken quesadillas, enycados. The food and service were good and the portions were adequate. Our complaint was when something fell in our almost full milkshake, we informed the waiter who simply took it away. We anticipated a replacement or credit for the milkshake but received none.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

There were 6 adults in our party and everyone ordered a different dish. My steak was prepared to my taste and was a very tender steak. Presentation was very nice. We had local traditional dishes and fish dishes. All were very good. Atmosphere was modern, trended to the tourist trade, and very well decorated. Service was gracious and attentive. We were all involved in talking and enjoying our day ventures and the service let us continue as long as we wanted. The bill was only brought when we asked for it. They called a taxi for us when we were finished.