“Very nice folks!”

Rio Shanti Spa
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The lodge I stayed in was very far from town and internet, so I wandered into Rio Shanti to beg for wifi. What I found was very nice folks, with a variety of services and lovely locally made gifts. Their shop smelled lovely- full of soaps and lotions and made me think of home. They were very nice and helpful!

1  Thank Beans_puka_shell

Reviewed 1 March 2012

My husband and I both went for reflexology to help us try to relax and switch off after a busy week on the move. Karen was excellent and the treatment was fantastic. A lovely place, well worth a visit.

1  Thank DanLou123
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I attended a workshop at Rio Shanti called "Sustainable Ecstasy" led by Janine Renee. I signed up for Janine’s “Sustainable Ecstasy” workshop with very little knowledge of what the workshop would actually be. I expected an enjoyable experience, some good woman-to-woman bonding and maybe some chocolate eating. What I didn’t expect, and what I got, was to learn tools that I believe will help me in many different areas of my life. Janine is an incredibly engaging leader with an immeasurable depth of knowledge and experience. Using that knowledge and experience, she has created a workshop that is illuminating, helpful, and very enjoyable. The activities she shared with us helped me see a side of myself that I hadn’t known before. I can now refer to the tools and activities she has provided me with to help me through challenging situations, major and minor. The workshop itself was a fun and relaxing experience (we did eat chocolate!) and the perfect way to spend a few hours that may transform the way I think about different aspects of my life and the world. I highly recommend that any woman who is able attend, as it was an experience that I am so happy to be able to look back on, and that will continue to inspire me throughout my life. If you are in Monteverde or Costa Rica in general, try to seek out Janine Renee and experience one of her incredible workshops.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

The Restorative Spa class is excellent - awesome yoga guide with loving energy for the weary traveler. Cute selection of yoga clothes too.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My partner and I recently spent a week at Casa de Amor and we loved it! It is a casita located adjacent to the home of Michael and Janet Jenkins who were warm and wonderful hosts. They are delightful people who gave us invaluable information that enriched our stay. Casa de Amor is lovely with a bank of windows that overlook the Gulf of Nicoya and offer a great view of passing clouds and stars at night. It came fully stocked with lots of fresh fruit, eggs, bread, jams, milk and fresh ground coffee. We loved that it is about 1.5 kilometers off the main road and was very quiet. It is an enjoyable 20-30 minute walk to a small commercial area with good restaurants, a small grocery store and an art gallery. The Monteverde Cheese Factory is also nearby. Two nature reserves are also within walking distance with good bird watching on the road. Our only regrets are that we didn't take a yoga class from Michael or get a massage from Janet.