“Cool activity but I felt quite rushed”

100% Aventura Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$50.00*
and up
100% Adventure Park Combo: Zipline, Superman, and Mega Tarzan Tour in Monteverde
Ranked #7 of 53 Tours in Monteverde
More attraction details
Owner description: 100% Aventura has grown to be a major competitor in our industry... We operate in an environment where the "Canopy Tour" was invented... Throughout the years we have maintained a position as a strong leader and example to all who have built similar tours around the world... We are dedicated to provide all our customers with 100% safety and overall experience... You will be treated with respect from the time you enter our property to the time you leave... Everyone here at 100% Aventura is ready, willing and able to treat each person that walks through our doors like they would their own family... Since, 2002 we have promised to provide genuine quality and service... We promise you will have a unique heart-pounding experience all in a 100% safe environment... If you feel for whatever reason we have not delivered on those promises, please let us know and we will do our best to make it right...
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend did the combined canopy tour with 100% Aventura (zip lining, rapelling, superman, tarzan swing). We enjoyed the experience a lot and had fun! The park is cool and especially the tarzan swing was scary but definitely a must do!

The reason why I only give 3 of 5 stars is that we felt rushed a lot and the staff seemed to be listless. They were under time pressure and sent too many people through the lines in a too short time. Moreover, the safety instructions in the beginning were quite short. Even though nothing happened, it gave me a strange feeling that I was pushed from one line to the other and also that the guides always were receiving the next person while sending the previos to the next line. Especially for the tarzan swing I was rushed a lot without explaining me what to do and where to hold. When I asked I was just told to jump.

After finishing the tour we had to wait approx. 45 minutes to be brought back to our hotel although everybody of our group including the car and the driver was ready. So why pushing us before and then let us wait for so long?

I would suggest to divide the people in smaller groups and take a bit more time (less rush). Moreover, the staff could be more friendly and patient. They should not handle two persons at the same time, rather one after the other. Even though I can imagine that it's different with so many tourists, it would be nice to feel more welcome and also not as one of hundreds.

Jonathan V, Encargado de redes sociales at 100% Aventura Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback. We thank you for taking the time to express your experience.
We offer an apology for the inconvenience caused during your tour with us and we appreciate you made us know the situations that were uncomfortable for you.
We always listen to our customers, they are the ones that have made ​​us grow and improve our services. Sometimes, especially in the high season, some situations escapes to our eyes and we thank you for letting us know the issues during your tour.
Again, we offer you an apology and ask you to get in touch with us through our management email: management@aventuramonteverdecr.com
Thank you very much.
Kind regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)
All reviews
"costa rica"
in 79 reviews
"safety briefing"
in 7 reviews
"felt safe the entire time"
"longest line"
"super fun"
in 10 reviews
"amazing experience"
in 12 reviews
"the hanging bridges tour"
in 9 reviews
"pura vida"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Zip lining over the Cloud Forest of Monteverde Costa Rica may be one of the biggest thrills of my life! They have 13 segments and the longest ( 1590 meters) and highest ( 148 feet) lines in South America!! It was gorgeous flying over the rain forest, rivers and green, green mountains.
The staff are totally concerned with your safety and education before you even clamp onto the line. They meet you at each platform and give such enthusiastic encouragements you can't help but believe they are as excited for you as you are!
What a way to enjoy the beauty of Costa Rica and cross yet another item off your Bucket List!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have been on one other ATV tour before (also in Costa Rica, but not in Monteverde) that was subpar due to the lack of excitement. When I decided to do another ATV tour, in hindsight, I thought I would have the same sub-par experience. However, I was incredibly surprised! The tour takes you to a test zone where you are free to use the ATV at your own leisure to test out your ability and get a feel for the machine. After the test zone, the tour takes you through the heart of the Monteverde rainforest on small trails that take you up and down the hills of the rainforest. It was exactly the kind of thrill I was looking for! NOTE: Adults only.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have plenty of experience zip lining all over the world. This is by far my favourite place that I have zip lined - ever in my life. It was simply amazing. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. At no time did I feel unsafe. Even though I have zip lined before, I never tried the superman or Tarzan experience in my life. Believe me - the experience did not disappoint me at all. WOW!!!! What a rush!!!!! The views were breath taking. While in Costa Rica, I did two zip line excursions.. This one and another one at a different part in Costa Rica. This place was by far the better experience. It is going to be a hard to find another place in the world that will come close to this place.