Hotel Belmar
Travelocity
Monteverde Inn(Monteverde)(Great Value!)
US$55
Hotels.com
Hotel El Bosque(Monteverde)(Great Value!)
US$62
  • Breakfast included
Los Pinos - Cabanas y Jardines(Cerro Plano)
US$99
Travelocity
US$102
US$99
1,470 results
All reviewsjuice barfarm to tablecanopy roomcloud forestfree yoga classmain buildingcosta ricayoga classesrestaurant balconymicro brewerybeautiful hotelhot tubswiss chaletthe pacific oceantop floornicoya peninsulasuperior room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I stayed at Hotel Belmar with a friend of mine for 3 nights - Thursday through Sunday, and it was perfect. It exceeded my expectations in every way, as I had checked out the pictures and the reviews of the hotel prior to coming, but they don't do justice to the view, the cleanliness of the rooms and the quality, the friendliness of the staff... We stayed on the top floor of the chalet, beautiful views all around, 24 hours wifi enabled us to work from our laptops when we needed to, and the sunset form our room alone was spectacular. The breakfasts were fresh and typical, served quite early with the adventurous and healthy traveler in mind (6am-9am something), but even when I missed breakfast, the staff was so gracious and accommodating, smiling at every second of bringing me coffee and something to eat, Those things matter to me most, to be frank. I had dinner one night at the hotel's restaurant, had the macadamia crusted seabass with sauteed spinach - as a new yorker, I will admit that I wasn't expecting much, but I was very satisfied with the quality and sophistication of the food here - delicious. Also highly recommend the (misleadingly titled) chicken burger from the lunch menu - it is a spectacular sandwich on whole grain bread with avocado, tomatoes...mm excellent.
The hotel owner Pedro was also on the premises and took the time to say hello to us, ask if everything was in order - a gracious host all around. I would and will definitely go back, Monteverde was a surprising stop for me in Costa Rica, though it's very popular, I've been spending most of my time around CR visiting beachfront areas. Monteverde is one place that I felt I could live in, with a diverse population, beautiful nature, interesting art scene...
All in all - 5 stars, a great value for your buck, an unboastingly green hotel that deserves all the credit for its efforts.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2011

My friend and I were swept away by this cozy hotel with breathtaking views and amazing food (highly recommend the sirloin steak with black berry sauce and heart of palm rice). Our room on the third floor of the chalet had an absolutely incredible 180 degree view where I enjoyed one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. The room was beautiful and comfortable and I literally felt happy to be alive when I woke up in the morning to admire the view and listen to the rustle of the trees. The chalet's entire bottom floor is a recreational area with a TV room, free internet, several lounges and a pool table. Staff was friendly and helpful, and any tours can be arranged through them. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Stayed at Hotel Belmar for two nights as a part of a week-long trip. We stayed in the chalet building. The road from the main street to the hotel was a little challenging, but the hotel itself is very nice. It was a quick drive to Monteverde or Santa Elena, but I wouldn't want to walk from the hotel. The room was spacious and had beautiful views (including the ocean, when it was clear enough). We enjoyed the free breakfasts. One night the wind and rain were rather loud, but that didn't prevent us from sleeping. Overall, the staff was helpful in giving directions and helping with tours and they kept the room very clean.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Clean, modern rooms w large bathrooms and pretty views of mountains. Easy to arrange tours through their concierge for ziplining at Selvatura park. Can walk to a few restaurants. Request 3rd floor unit farthest from road, which can be loud with their shuttles going up the steep hill. Service ok, not great.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed 31 January 2011

The reviews on this hotel were accurate in that it is very noisy. They gave us a room on the bottom floor under the kitchen and we heard them get up and start preparing breakfast at 5AM.

The hotel location is beautiful. I think it is very overpriced for what you get. I would only recommend this hotel if you are staying for several days and can enjoy their grounds. otherwise, go with something cheaper.

The staff was not very friendly when we checked in. compared to other hotels we stayed at, they staff seemed a bit snooty.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends