“Stop by his gallery and studio”

Arte Jaguar Gallery
Ranked #31 of 63 things to do in Monteverde
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: arte jaguar gallery and studio offers the possibility to meet costarican artist Roberto Wesson and his original fine art paintings in the lush cloud forest of monteverde. Wesson is a not only an artist but a naturalist dedicated to a 300 miniature orchid species rescue greenhouse open to visitors. No middle man prices,buy original art directly from the artist.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Buenos Aires, Argentina
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Stop by his gallery and studio”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Roberto use to be a local guide so he knows Monteverde like the palm of his hand. He has a studio and art gallery where you can take a look at his art work. He does WONDERFUL depictions of birds and forest, emphasizing highly on detail. His painting of a quetzal is what I was most impressed by as he captured the bright colors and spirit of the bird. A very down to earth artist, he is passionate with what he does. Go visit his gallery and support real local Costa Rican painters!

Interesting fact: He had an art work commissioned by the owner of Toyota Japan.

Visited April 2013

Gillett
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great guy and excellent artist”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Just stopped by to check out his work. It is very interesting and so is he. Fun to talk to and I got a nice print and rememberance of my trip to Costa Rica.

Visited July 2013
Walnut Creek, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We were taking a stroll down an unpaved road near our B&B and stumbled upon Roberto's Gallery. A painter and a naturalist! I recommend you find him on your visit to the Monte Verde Cloud Forest. He was very willing to show his art and share his horticultural knowledge with us during our unannounced visit.

Visited February 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“Roberto Wesson Monte Verde Cloud Forest Guide and Artist”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Roberto Wesson was recommended as a naturalist guide by the Belmar Hotel, MonteVerde. He met us at the hotel and took us on a wonderful hike in the MonteVerde Cloud Forest. He pointed out all types of animal and plant life that we would have missed. He was not only very knowledgable but also very funny. After he returned us to the hotel, we followed him to his art studio, the Arte Jaguar Gallery. He is a very talented artist. Roberto made our visit to MonteVerde one of the highlights of our time in Costa Rica. I highly recommend him.

Visited September 2012
Huntsville, Alabama
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing paintings I will enjoy a long time.”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Recently met Roberto Wesson as our naturalist guide in MonteVerde. Found him warm, intelligent, and funny. Our trek with him was the highlight of our trip. Saw a resplendent Quetzal which was amazing. We then enjoyed his fantastic art and gallery. Purchased several paintings that have added to the ambiance and beauty of my home. I know I will enjoy them for many years to come. I highly recommend him as both a naturalist guide and artist.

Visited September 2012