“A great cup of coffee”

Choco Cafe Restaurant and Coffee Shop
Price range: US$2 - US$14
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Fresly Roasted coffee from Costa Rica, Chocolate, Souvenirs, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Vegetarian and Glutten Free Options, Parking Lot. Homemade dessert and local products.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I feel everyplace we've been to in Costa Rica has been great and this is no exception, the serves is great and the coffee is the best my wife and I have had all week. The coffee beans were fresh roasted that morning and the coffee was just the right amount of fresh and strong. If you want a good cup of coffee in Monteverde than go no further than Don Juan's coffee shop, it's 4 stars in my book. Don't expect giant American cups of coffee here, it all 8oz cups here, but still outstanding!

1  Thank Neal N

Reviewed 22 July 2014

It was great to learn about coffee,and my family had a fun.The tour guide was really good.Keep up great work! I definitely recommend to all families to join this tour.Your kids will have fun.We had a pleasure to meet Don Juan :).Thank you guys! Goran

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I visited Santa Elena for 12 days. This restaurant I kept coming back to. I only had a few meals but I did stop in for coffee and ice cafe mocha numerous times. Excellent ! Staff were very welcoming and the place very clean. A favorite spot to come back to and reasonably priced !

1  Thank 23Rick
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I lived in Monteverde for 9 months and this was easily my favorite restaurant in all of Costa Rica. The food is delicious and affordable, the atmosphere is clean and comfortable, and the staff welcomes you like you are part of their family. This is a restaurant for everyone: families, lone travelers, groups of friends. Their menu offers a wide variety of food from sandwiches to pasta to salad to french toast. Whether you go for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert and coffee you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Krystal B
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Try the Guinness Cake at the Choco Cafe it was divine, if you like moist, dark, rich chocolate cake.