I stayed at the main cabin at Cabins el Sol with six friends in November 2013. We were amazed by how spacious and tranquil it was. I can see why Javier and his family adore the place.
A few secrets:
- It's about 10 minutes outside of town, but that's what makes it so special. You'll feel like you found the best kept secret in the world. We didn't have a car, but the small cab fare was worth it.
- Have breakfast or dinner at the cabins, it will be a pleasant and delicious change of pace.
- The sauna is the perfect spot for casual glass of wine with friends or a romantic evening.
- Javier is a really, really great guide. Take advantage of it.
- If you go to Selvatura Park, go first thing in the morning and do the hanging bridges first. Its worth being alone on the bridges surrounded by the forest.
- Also Known As:
- Cabins El Sol Hotel Monteverde